Studio Scale Tyrell Pyramid

Looks great. we had so much of the left over etched brass and a few molds from that building at Boss and SVSI that we used for many projects after BR. Sadly the molds all died but I think there are random castings still floating around. As for the etch brass, a lot if not all got used up. The art work ended up at Digital Domain for a time but then the model shop closed there. Not sure where it ended up after that. Like so much work we did eventually it ends up either in the trash or someones private collection. Frankly its more impressive to see someone replicate it all at this level and with such accuracy and quality. To quote Gaff " You have done and mans job sir"
Minieffects,
Thank you so much -means a great deal to me to read your comments here.

It’s a little like a detective story trying to find the missing pieces and put it all together. I gather all the pieces/ fragments still exist but are scattered around, so I have to be patient in searching around even for the tiniest pieces.
So sometimes if the readers here think I might be going off on a tangent, it’s all part of it.
See this image below with model kits parts - ( last weeks search ) . Bottom parts are parts of a Blade Runner concept vehicle currently coming up for auction by Propstore ( Geoff Hutchins collection). Top parts are on hospital set where Deckard visits Holden ( kit parts used as set dressing). Bought the kits to see if the parts I am looking for were in those kits - sadly not. But all part of the hunt……
1C2A1694-F1A1-44B7-AA9C-159BE41FB0D3.jpeg
9408743A-54CB-43AD-942C-359646A86EDB.jpeg
86673D69-81E2-483D-8586-F62EFB40DEB4.jpeg

Minieffects,
Thank you so much -means a great deal to me to read your comments here.

It’s a little like a detective story trying to find the missing pieces and put it all together. I gather all the pieces/ fragments still exist but are scattered around, so I have to be patient in searching around even for the tiniest pieces.
So sometimes if the readers here think I might be going off on a tangent, it’s all part of it.
See this image below with model kits parts - ( last weeks search ) . Bottom parts are parts of a Blade Runner concept vehicle currently coming up for auction by Propstore ( Geoff Hutchins collection). Top parts are on hospital set where Deckard visits Holden ( kit parts used as set dressing). Bought the kits to see if the parts I am looking for were in those kits - sadly not. But all part of the hunt……
View attachment 1754284View attachment 1754285View attachment 1754287
Its always amazing to me the dedication and focus the members of this community put into these projects. It not only shows the love for the original material but the steadfast dedication to the craft. I was lucky to have had the time I did contributing to many great projects. I do miss it but also understand that life goes on. I will also say that in many cases the quality and the attention to detail put into the recreations is many times better than the original was. We were often restricted by time and money and many of the creative choices were made out of the pressure to complete on time and on budget rather than build something of quality. That being said there are many many examples of stellar work done for so many films. All I can say is Im grateful to have been part of that history and Im humbled by the love and appreciation so many have for the work done by a group of people who just loved what they do.

I get intimidated thinking about starting a studio scale model of an X-wing or Millennium Falcon. However, the sheer level of work you've done to make the Tyrell Pyramid is on another level, IMO. Just the intricacies of replicating the patterns on the photo etch outer panels is a work of art far exceeding anything I've ever accomplished! It's utterly inspirational to me, and looking at your work invigorates me for working on my own projects!

Millenniumf,
Thank you so much. Many of the projects here on the RPF are akin to running a marathon. Having support and encouragement from the sides/ onlookers is great in helping to get to the finish line.

Finally finished assembling that very long piece of etch for the second buttress yesterday morning. Another light sand to key it for undercoat and paint ( hopefully next week). That’s 42 seperate bits of etch with the supports on the back - about 32 inches long.
45C2782E-F7F8-4FEA-932C-EDF784BE212E.jpeg

The forthcoming Propstore auction also has a number of important key items for this project and I was hoping to travel & see the stuff in person but have had to put it off because of other work commitments . I have very good reference to most of the props already but seeing the stuff for real can also reveal a lot.…..maybe next time they’re up for sale.
I had a look at the interrogation room model reference photos this morning - and it does fit to the dimensions of the Close - Up research drawing I did. Always looking for additional keys to the scale , as well as that image ( difficult angle) with the ruler - I found one tiny kit part which brings home the reality of the size the room is. The model might look a bit “crunchy” now, but it a fantastic bit of model making by Bill George.
D44FC8C5-FFD6-4AEE-9D64-869DF6E7BFA8.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back