Studio Scale McQuarrie Concept Raider

Back on track now fellas.

ConceptRaider-103.JPG

Holy crapola, that is one hell of a beautiful build. And having a toilet next to your workbench can come in handy as well.

Seriously, very very VERY nice. Can't wait to see this finished.

Wasili

Thanks Guys !!!

Holy crapola, that is one hell of a beautiful build. And having a toilet next to your workbench can come in handy as well.

Seriously, very very VERY nice. Can't wait to see this finished.

Wasili

Yeah - you wouldn't believe what a time saver that is !!

Thanks for the comments, guys !!!

Getting started on the weathering now. I completed the canopy and the tail fin first so I can place them on to get an overall feel for it as i weather the main body.
ConceptRaider-109.JPG

ConceptRaider-110.JPG

Here's the center grille getting started. I want it to look like there is exhaust coming out of the grille so I added some trailing smoke stains behind the openings
ConceptRaider-111.JPG

ConceptRaider-112.JPG

I used pastels here to "paint" this area in a slightly darker tone. Just easier than masking and painting such a small area
ConceptRaider-113.JPG

For now keeping it very light and will build up in passes until I think it's done. There's some shading here that's a liitle too light in this photo around the cockpit and some dust trails on the raised grey panels and the ring of openings.
ConceptRaider-114.JPG

Mannnn That's awesome! I need to start building some models again to refresh my skills.
Then I can have a go at this Studio scale model building.

Here's an update on the weathering. Still needs a little work but nearly there...
I uploaded a bigger pic of the top as well. The little pic doesn't show the detail well.

ConceptRaider-115.JPG

ConceptRaider-116.JPG

ConceptRaider-117.JPG

Another quick update.

Got the engines installed finally and lights working.
ConceptRaider-118.JPG

ConceptRaider-119.JPG

Cockpit lighting. The lighting of the screen didn't work as I had hoped but was a good learning experience if nothing else. It won't be too visible with the canopy on but will add a bit of color to the model.
ConceptRaider-120.JPG

This one is finished. I'll be photographing it tomorrow with a backdrop and better lighting but here she is with all the parts assembled. I'd like to add a pilot at some point so the canopy is not attached yet.

I really appreciate everyone's advice and encouragement along the way.

-Doug

CRfinal-01.JPG

CRfinal-02.JPG

CRfinal-03.JPG

CRfinal-04.JPG

CRfinal-05.JPG

CRfinal-06.JPG

CRfinal-07.JPG

CRfinal-08.JPG

CRfinal-09.JPG

CRfinal-10.JPG

CRfinal-11.JPG

CRfinal-12.JPG

CRfinal-13.JPG

CRfinal-14.JPG

CRfinal-15.JPG

CRfinal-16.JPG

Absolutely impressive work...it was very cool to watch you build this amazing model, thanks for all the pics!,

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back