"studio scale desanto viper"

I got mine today. Looks great looking forward to starting it, but i got a few things to finish before then. ;)
Thanks Michael, Terri and everyone else who got this puppy done.

Michael, when you get around to posting again, I'm sure you're really busy at the moment getting these out, could you describe the differences between Starbuck, Boomer, and Apollo's Vipers. Thanks Man.

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>(Dobber @ Oct 17 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]1340030[/snapback]</div>
I got mine today. Looks great looking forward to starting it, but i got a few things to finish before then. ;)
Thanks Michael, Terri and everyone else who got this puppy done.

Michael, when you get around to posting again, I'm sure you're really busy at the moment getting these out, could you describe the differences between Starbuck, Boomer, and Apollo's Vipers. Thanks Man.

Chris
[/b]
You lucky dog... :p

Enjoy it for the both of us...lol. :lol

I hope Michael and Terri are OK... been silent for a few days. :confused

OK, this is my third attempt at posting... Apparently I cannot try to change the color of my font because it makes my entire text disappear. I just wanted to say that it has been raining and too humid to cast new parts, and that hopefully today the weather is OK and Michael is casting new parts as I type this. If he doesn't cast them I will do it myself. I want to get these shipped out as badly as everyone wants to get them. I'd like to have my living room back for one thing. Anyway, that is all I know for now. I apologize if this is hard to read, but I'm not going to risk losing this post by changing the font or color.

Terri

You can turn on the A/C, it'll dry out the air enough for you to cast. I ran into that same problem when there was a lot of humidity when it was raining etc.

<div class='quotetop'>(REL @ Oct 18 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]1340462[/snapback]</div>
You can turn on the A/C, it'll dry out the air enough for you to cast. I ran into that same problem when there was a lot of humidity when it was raining etc.
[/b]

There is no A/C in the workshop, and I'm not allowing any more casting in the house. It is messy. I already have damage to my kitchen sink, kitchen countertops, and my made-to-fit cultured marble countertop in the bathroom with 2 sinks built in (badly damaged) as well as stains on my NEW tile floors in the bathroom AND the grout (which I am still making payments on). I am very unhappy about this. To replace these things would cost thousands of dollars and since I don't have the money I have to live with it and it pisses me off every time I look at it. Last week I did get an estimate to have the workshop wired for electricity so that we can insulate it and install an air conditioner but need to get other estimates because this was higher than I expected. Or maybe I can win McDonald's Monopoly and have enough money for a state-of-the-art workshop with A/C. Haha. Looking for the Boardwalk stamp... Anybody have an extra one?

Terri

<div class='quotetop'>(Protector @ Oct 18 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1340471[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(REL @ Oct 18 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]1340462[/snapback]
[/b]

There is no A/C in the workshop, and I'm not allowing any more casting in the house. It is messy. I already have damage to my kitchen sink, kitchen countertops, and my made-to-fit cultured marble countertop in the bathroom with 2 sinks built in (badly damaged) as well as stains on my NEW tile floors in the bathroom AND the grout (which I am still making payments on). I am very unhappy about this. To replace these things would cost thousands of dollars and since I don't have the money I have to live with it and it pisses me off every time I look at it. Last week I did get an estimate to have the workshop wired for electricity so that we can insulate it and install an air conditioner but need to get other estimates because this was higher than I expected. Or maybe I can win McDonald's Monopoly and have enough money for a state-of-the-art workshop with A/C. Haha. Looking for the Boardwalk stamp... Anybody have an extra one?

Terri
[/b][/quote]

Ahhh..herm. Looks like my EARLY WARNINGS went unheeded? I recall VERY distinctly telling Michael to NOT pour resin in the house.

BAD MICHAEL. (spank spank spank)..

Give him hell Terri. :)

-Gordon

P.S. Thanks for the post over at Fleets. Someday that box will show up with a big "What The Frack?" sticker on it. I promise.

Ahhh..herm. Looks like my EARLY WARNINGS went unheeded? I recall VERY distinctly telling Michael to NOT pour resin in the house.

BAD MICHAEL. (spank spank spank)..

Give him hell Terri. :)

-Gordon

P.S. Thanks for the post over at Fleets. Someday that box will show up with a big "What The Frack?" sticker on it. I promise.
[/quote]

Haha Gordon. We didn't have much choice at the time. I think it was freezing cold outside. We ventilated with the window, which is pretty large, held our breath, and then didn't stick around after pouring... ran out of bathroom and closed the door, leaving the fan on. I bought foil to put over the countertops, but Michael didn't use it. (He did most of the indoor casting while I was away at work. I mainly helped with making the molds.) I'm sure you could probably tell by the tone of my post that I have already given him much hell about it. I love my house, and now that I am thinking of selling it, what am I going to do about this damage? I will have to give a repair allowance. <sigh>

Yes, I am sure that package will show up with WTF all over it. I have a WTF shirt, so if the package ever arrives, I will put on my WTF shirt and pose for a picture with the box. If the box goes to anyone else and they open it, they will definitely think WTF.

Did you get the eyeball in your package? We love to send you a little something extra. Happy Halloween. If you want you can even attach the eyeball to the viper.

Terri

Kewl.

I spoke with both Michael and Terri today and Michael let me know that he would be shipping 3 of my DeSanto Vipers to me tomorrow 10/19/06. He is still working on the buildup and will also ship it shortly... can't wait to see it. ;)

Casting new parts? Confused, I was under the idea that they all were boxed up and ready to go.

Terri...can you send me a PM and let me know if my viper went out?

Thanks

Steve Radler

<sigh> No box yesterday. :cry

No PM either :cry

Just sitting on the edge here waiting with baited breathe for someone to let me know if my kit went out. I dont think it is too much to ask.

Any update would be most appreciated.

Mike?
Terri?

Bueller?

:) Steve

Still no word or Viper kit yet. :angry

A little communication would go a long way.

Has anyone else recieved their kit yet?

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(JP05 @ Oct 21 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]1342388[/snapback]</div>
Still no word or Viper kit yet. :angry

A little communication would go a long way.

Has anyone else recieved their kit yet?

Steve
[/b]
give it up Steve...you will never get it... :confused

:D

Well gues what...............

NOTHING came today. No box. No PM and no phone number that works. Has anyone been in touch with Michael? Is everything ok?

Getting worried here.

Steve

Spoke to Michael and Terry............and was told the rest of the kits would be shipping out Monday and Tuesday.

Michael said it has been raining all week and he has not been able to mold and cast anything until today.

Just keeping you all posted.

Steve

Anyone hear anything? I called Mike and left a message. Hoping they shipped. Has he posted anything on Colonial Fleets? (still having issues accessing those threads).

Steve

Thing got pretty hairy over at the Fleets.
Customers blasting Mike for not responding to calls or emails.
Administrators/Mods forcefully asking Mike to respond to posts and take care of business.
Mike blasting customers for accusing him of steeling their money and not producing or mailing out any product.
HereÂ’s a direct quote from Mike at the Fleets after all the hairiness.
Hope that helps.?.??.?

I have to address this one last time, and no more.
This project as Gordon has put it has been cursed with being late, bad molds, death, lost parts in the mail, and bad weather, just to name a few.
All vipers are being shipped, all will get their orders. The 1st, will be 1st, and the last will be last. No thefts here, no need for accusations or slinging negative thoughts. Theres no room for it.
This project has also been a blessing and alot of them. Coming together with Cobywan, making friends with almost all who ordered and new contacts, as well as learning from the whole process.
The friends that have been 1st on the list are the ones that have the most right to "fuss" about where their kits are. And they have been kind and easy to communicate with. Thank You, you know who you are. Gordon, Peter Noble, Barry, John, Dilbertman, and the list goes on. You are friends and appreciated.
From here on out, this thread is about positive things. It should be about build-up questions and people wanting to post pics of their progress.
I'll not entertain another accusation, nor will I answer it. Save it. Those who have an order will get their viper, those that have not and are just posting their opinions are noted, but not taken seriously.
Further more, I'll answer each question placed towards me in a civil and friendly manner, anything other than that will usually be met with
Well LOL. You get the point. I'm not doing this for my health or sanity, because the latter is GONE.
I appreciate all that have ordered and rest assured you will get your order. They are late. And there is nothing to do about it, but ship them as fast as we can. Maybe in the next shippment, they will all be gone and all orders filled, if not, then the day after will ship more.
I'm done with the bickering, and business opinions. I'll handle it as it comes. If those that want to dish out opinions new me, they know all they have to do is e-mail or call and their answers will be there for them. I'm friendly, but I draw the line at telling me what to do.
Thanks to the fleet moderators. Mainly Brian. I respect you, and look forward to future communication. You have been kind.
Enough, now back to harmony.
By the way, if you have anything negative to add, save it. It'll be met with just nothing, I'm not wasting my time, and my time means cash. $$$$$

Barry,
Thanks for the update. I wish Mike would post here more. Oh well.
I wonder if the kits shipped out like Mike said when I spoke to him over the weekend. I hate staring out the window looking for the mail truck... :)
Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(JP05 @ Nov 2 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]1349785[/snapback]</div>
I wonder if the kits shipped out like Mike said when I spoke to him over the weekend. I hate staring out the window looking for the mail truck... :)
Steve
[/b]

By the sounds of the complaining over at the Fleets, I doubt it.
I haven't read any post lately of anyone getting them.
The wait goes on.

FWIW, I got mine about 2 weeks ago. I was a VERY squeaky wheel, since I bought mine from an ebay auction where there was nothing stated about having to wait 6+ months for it. I got very little communication, and even after some and thinking I had worked that out, still would hear nothing at all specific to me, no new at all in fact UNLESS I checked fleets EVEN THOUGH I bought it on ebay and asked to be sent email updates.

A quick review: You know you're in trouble with a kit when the directions make a huge point of saying "this is fan made, it will have airbubbles". Seems like my fuse is off center too, at least all the paneling is. 95% of the details have airbubbles through out, and the "engine detail" wrap around section either has air bubbles on the details or "boogers" from the mold tear out all over.

All in all, since its a one off subject, about what I expected when I heard they were going to be produced by a first time caster and mold maker, and with just gravity pouring and no pressure. It saddens me though that all the hard work on the master is going to get undone when I start scraping off the details and replacing them . . . I just do not see any other way to get these "cleaned up". Too many micro bubbles to fill without just burying the detail in the process.

I'll take some shots tomorrow, let you see what I'm talking about.

Now, I'm sure after posting this I'm gonna get bashed, but what the hell, the truths the truth . . . and at least you'll finally have a response. And this probably puts me "off" for the supposed soon to be raider, but WTH.

Of course, there is one on the 'bay right now, at last check its sitting around $150, I may just have to list mine and just forget about the whole thing . . .

Ryan

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back