Studio Scale A-Wing??

Gort

Does anyone know if an SS version of the A wing is in the works anywhere - either officially or un-officially?

If the T47 works out ok, I'd like to do one last SW project like this before I move on to other stuff. Thought I'd flag it up now and get the lay of the land before I spend any brainpower on it :)

N

Neil, Michael Provenzano is the only one I've ever known to tackle the studio scale bird. It's so much bigger than folks realize! With Raytheon/Ian's kit now in production at 1/24 (though not studio scale, it fits with most of the SS kits), it may not be as much in demand as the T47, but still a winner I would think. What else are you planning down the road?

Clay

Does anyone know if an SS version of the A wing is in the works anywhere - either officially or un-officially?

If the T47 works out ok, I'd like to do one last SW project like this before I move on to other stuff. Thought I'd flag it up now and get the lay of the land before I spend any brainpower on it :)

N

If you make a ss A wing I'am interested for one !

Nick ( its OK Clay i get these two garage gods mixed up now and then lol) i think a studio A would be the mutts, but it may be worth talking to Michael as im not sure what plans may lie ahead for this bird, i know its a big fave of Richards TBH...havent heard of Michael in a while though, where you at bro lol?

That said, most visible ID's ive bagged, and its not a hard one to nail, just again limited on ref, but im sure there is some out there to nail the rest of the finds...its ROTJ, so not too hard to ID i guess.

All in all, itll be a top seller IMO, whoever does it.

lee

Neil...Nick....Needle....Noodle....Nipple....Necrophile.... I guess they all sort of run together...LOLOLOL :lol:lol Sorry for the slip. Diety is diety, no matter the name. I'll, of course, pay homage by buying one, if you do it.

Clay

Hah, i like it Clay lol. She's all staple kits as it goes, Karl, Gepard, 312T, Churchill etc etc, main bummer is the deeper recesses of the engine bay, only ID i think i got there are 312t front rims inside the faux F16 intakes.

The underbelly cavity is a bit of a mystery too, but a doddle with the right pics.....i love to see it done, whoever does it lol.

lee

:angel
awing8.jpg

Here are the rest of my A Wing pics. Hope they help for any future project.
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p291/boba_flint/A Wing/

I've seen some independent builds of a S.S A-Wing(someone in here is workinmg on one now and Ollie a while back built a beautiful one).There was someone who made a 1/24 scale A-Wing(I believe he is out of the UK),but I haven't heard a peep from him.Supposidly he was having the molds and some of the masters re-worked?

Thanks for the input guys. And thanks also for the pics, very useful! - As and when the Speeder is sorted I may contact Micheal and see if he already has plans. Also wondered if efX may be wanting to do it??

At 60cm long an SS A-wing would be considerably bigger than a 1/24th version so Michael may not be wanting to take the plunge. All lit up it would be a nice one to add to a collection though....

Hey Lee, as mentioned before if I do it I'd be honoured to have you ride shotgun re kit ID's :)

Anyway, I digress...back to Hoth for the time being I think!

N

I don't think Nick does. Seems to me he's politely trying to establish whether his undertaking an A-Wing would step on any toes.

Correct - the speeder has already been done offically so is safer ground. An A-wing hasn't. Thing is whether they think the sales would justify what is a big investment in time and money to create. I suspect if they did do it, they would have to make it undersize, like the T47...whereas I'm nuts enough to make it full size! :love

Echo base is calling again...

I don't think Nick does. Seems to me he's politely trying to establish whether his undertaking an A-Wing would step on any toes.

Well, the butt area is less detailed than i thought, im having some major internet problems right now so loading stuff is busting my hump lol, but its all 8rad parts between the 312T rims in the rear exhaust, there are a few parts from the Karl in there too.

lee

Thanks Lee. I'm recognising alot of parts on this thing. Makes a change not to have to spent a year ID'ing something before you start!

Plates on the left and right underside, just forward of that big intake look to be Tamiya 1/35 Jagd Lang to my eye Nick.

le

I´d be interested in a kit depending on price. Ideally with a fibreglass hull...:) You should give it a go, with all the experts around all the parts should be ID´d by the end of the week.:) Wish I could help though.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the main body is based off of 2 upper fusilages of the Revell 1/32 F-14 Tomcat. Hope this helps.

Brian

I don't have any plans for any A-wing!!:lol Shoot when I get done with mine I just want to watch someone besides me build one!!!

For those of you who think the A-wing is the odd fighter out........your right only because Luke skywalker didn't fly it!!!:lol

People don't understand how impressive this subjectis in SS it's huge!!!

You guys should show interest and help make this happen.....becuase your not going to get one from me!!:lol You don't want one from me to much work!!

If Nick gets his head around this one like the masters I saw for the 47 you guys are in for a treat!!

Michael

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back