Stranger Things (Netflix)

But the real question is when the copy of Hawkins of 1983 ends up there, or why.
My guess is its All those kooky experiments taking place, I saw it as a Dumping ground for 11 and Co to send/force their negative feelings/actions to unaware of their consequences..
11 just went one step further and forced Henry into it..
And..

I haven't seen it mentioned but in the main Recreational area in the facility....

Those "Rainbows on the Walls"change from Right-side Up to Upside-down... leading me to think the good Doc was perhaps actually working at some point in the upside-down?

Last edited:
But the real question is when the copy of Hawkins of 1983 ends up there, or why.
Yeah I was thinking about that the other day. I had assumed the Upside Down was simply a twisted reflection of our reality but certainly season 4 has turned that assumption on its head. Not only does that not appear to have originally been the case (as seen in the "untainted" version of the Upside Down), when we do see Hawkins (is only Hawkins replicated?), it is 1983 specifically. Certainly questions that will need to be addressed next season!

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking about that the other day. I had assumed the Upside Down was a simply twisted reflection of our reality but certainly season 4 has turned that assumption on its head. Not only does that not appear to have originally been the case (as seen in the "untainted" version of the Upside Down), when we do see Hawkins (is only Hawkins replicated?), it is 1983 specifically. Certainly questions that will need to be addressed next season!
Did I miss the part about the Mind Flayer? When One is walking around the untainted Upside Down and stumbles upon the Mind Flayer, did it say that he absorbed it? Or was it a separate entity? Or?

Did I miss the part about the Mind Flayer? When One is walking around the untainted Upside Down and stumbles upon the Mind Flayer, did it say that he absorbed it? Or was it a separate entity? Or?
What CB2001 said above. He encounters particles massing and undulating and transforms them into the spider shape that we know as the Mindflayer. I would love to know if this was all really the plan all along or if this is a retcon. Until this, I assumed he was at most a lieutenant of the Mindflayer if not a rogue agent in the Upside Down. That he actually created the Mindflayer and transformed the Upside Down into the hellscape as we know it certainly surprised me!

I’m watching the season finale right now, and I had to pause and come post.

The visual effects going on when Nancy was firing that sawed off were incredible. This may have been my favorite single scene in this entire series. And the way it’s cut with Hopper fighting the Demogorgon. Just awesome.

In a recent interview the brothers said the hesitated to mention the fact that the UD was stuck in 1983 because it plays a big part in season 5. I’m guessing it will somehow lead to a way to undo everything that’s happened.

I have to ask: when it came to the sequence where Steve gets pulled into the Upside Down while in the water... Did anyone else get a Patrick Swayze in Road House vibe from how he was dressed in that sequence?

I love Eddie. I'm sure Master of Puppets and other early Metallica is sure to see some serious jumps in downloads. That scene was unbelievably badass. I was so pumped up! Just awesome!
I think everyone had that friend or knew someone like Eddie. My friend in high school was Nick, long hair and all. He introduced me to Metallica and Black Album was the first CD I burned. I guess I’m really showing my age haha.

Eddie was like an an amalgamation of several people I knew growing up and just such a loveable character. Well written, well acted and while I understand why he went, I was sad to see him go.

The Black Album was the last Metallica album I heard.

The entire season Eddie reminded me of a young Robert Downey JR. His acting and kind of resembles him. It could be just me though.
Thank you! I had not seen much mention of this but I thought the same exact thing! There were brief little moments and facial expressions throughout the season where he reminded me so much of a young RDJ.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back