Stranger Things (Netflix)

I remember when Cowboys and Aliens came out with Daniel Craig whose character smoked throughout the movie and they had a disclaimer at the end saying no one actually smoked during the making of the film. I thought that was a bit much but that's what you get in this PC era.

Speaking about Daniel Craig I haven't seen a Bond film for a while and was wondering if Bond still smokes or has that been PC'd too?
I love that damn movie..

After rewatching Stranger Things, it almost feels like they should have went the anthology route and made each season about different kids in different towns encountering weird ****.
I still get those Shivers after hearing the Theme Tune..
I think although not always perfect (but then the 80s wasn't either) it hits enough of the right notes.. In a way JJA Super 8 didn't quite do it..

I'm still waiting for a movie to depict My 80s early adult years.. Maybe we were in a maelstrom of genres/Clans/tribes but it's never really come close to my experiences. I think Quadrophenia has come the closest but that was set a good twenty years before my time..

Looking forward to St, I thought they might not be able to keep it up creatively but so far have...

I still get those Shivers after hearing the Theme Tune..
I think although not always perfect (but then the 80s wasn't either) it hits enough of the right notes.. In a way JJA Super 8 didn't quite do it..

I'm still waiting for a movie to depict My 80s early adult years.. Maybe we were in a maelstrom of genres/Clans/tribes but it's never really come close to my experiences. I think Quadrophenia has come the closest but that was set a good twenty years before my time..

Looking forward to St, I thought they might not be able to keep it up creatively but so far have...
I freakn love super 8.

You know what kind of erks me with films and series..

When you get a ending like we did in season 3 with the group leaving.. it’s all dramatic, everyone is crying, hopper is narrating.. getting all emotional like it’s the end of the whole series, the team is splitting up and moving away

Just how like we have experiencing something like that in our own lives.. high school.. moving away because mom/dad got a new job and having to leave your friends behind

…only to be reunited back together in the next season..

Really really values that whole ending for me?

And I’m not just dogging on stranger things, you see this a lot in other stories and films

I’m wicked curious where the heck the hoffer brothers are going with this.. why Joyce decides to go back to hawkings…

I'm really excited to see this new season. It's about the only show or movie that's had me pumped in anticipation for in a long time. It's got an interesting premise, relatable characters, and pays homage to the genre films of my childhood while not totally ripping them off, by using the tropes in unique ways. It's got it's weaknesses too, but those are miminal at best. It's what Hollywood really should be trying to do if they want to bank on nostalgia.

I'm really excited to see this new season. It's about the only show or movie that's had me pumped in anticipation for in a long time. It's got an interesting premise, relatable characters, and pays homage to the genre films of my childhood while not totally ripping them off, by using the tropes in unique ways. It's got it's weaknesses too, but those are miminal at best. It's what Hollywood really should be trying to do if they want to bank on nostalgia.
I love those soft focus Panovision lenses?
That were very stylish and gave even a relatively cheap movie a lux look..
Real lense glare from head lamps slightly grainy looking... Eerie night shots..

Ha! I need to breakout Christine vroom vroom!

After rewatching Stranger Things, it almost feels like they should have went the anthology route and made each season about different kids in different towns encountering weird ****.
This would have been a really neat idea, but it may have gotten the Halloween 3 treatment from fans.

In a way it already is with the different tunnels leading to different zones in The Upside-down.. Looks like the chief is certainly in a different zone.. The chiller zone!

I mean I get that cast of kids was like lightning in a bottle and it is hard to say goodbye to them,but it feels like it would have been better if season 1 was their only story. It feels like theyve been rehashing the same stuff since the first season. Going to a different cast and a different town and different weird thing would have kept each season fresh, and been unlimited. Maybe the next season would be about a bigfoot, or aliens, or who knows what.

I know they plan on making some spin off series. Same world, different characters, different locations. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I personally like that they stayed with the same core characters. Seeing them grow into the roles and how they've evolved, growing through puberty, into high school, though I'm glad they have an endgame in mind and want to conclude their story out in Season 5.

TBH I don't really remember it.. Kids on bikes a train wreck?
Until I googled I thought it was a Spielberg movie!
Maybe I basis because it reminds me of when I was a kid in a small town with small government..

Wish a alien crash landed here.. most action we get is the local farms big brown cow getting loose and running down the highway..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back