Stormtrooper pepakura - TERRA RETURNS! WITH PICS!

Re: Stormtrooper pepakura - MATERIALS ORDERED!!! :)

I must say that is an amazing build!

Re: Stormtrooper pepakura - MATERIALS ORDERED!!! :)

i fear that in this case no news is bad news! where have you gone terra1?

fear not my good friend! while some be velodroming others be helmetmolding! :lol

many thanks for the kind words carnnage & Ardrich Keybus

SUNDAY 16th OCTOBER FINISHED GLOVE MOLD & 2 PIECE JACKET!

sorry for the lack of update and progress, its been a busy couple of weeks getting everything in order and prepped for molding.

after a horrendous 8am - 2am session molding & 8am - 5pm mold jacket i've finally completed the mold and jacket, took a bit of effort to get the mold jacket off but slowly does it all's good in da hood!

the detail on the glove mold i have to say has blown me away, i was rather surprised as it looks near enough perfect! :)

i will be casting the NUMERO ONE helmet later tonight and i shall be uploading photos of the finished cast and mold if anyone still peeping.

PHOTO UPDATE LATER TONIGHT!!!

Last edited:
Re: Stormtrooper pepakura - MOLD FINISHED, CASTING 2NIGHT + PHOTO UPDATE

finally...:thumbsup

im excited to see your 1st pull terra...

good luck with your numero uno...:):thumbsup

cheers

This looks incredible. I never thought a pepp'ed trooper lid could look this good. So many curves and angles to get right. You definitely got it right. :thumbsup

thanks pRoJectEarth7 got there in the end mate :)

thanks TK9120 yeah its has come along way, great to have some TK approval :)

ahhh i feel better now :) NUMERO UNO cast came out better than i could have hoped, the mold was a little dirty due to a little kid sticking his dirty mit in it as i showed him :)

20 mins after cast
IMG_6073.jpg

need some wing nuts!
IMG_6074.jpg

off you come matey
IMG_6075.jpg

rebound 25 glove mold & 2 piece plasti paste jacket
IMG_6076.jpg

smoothish
IMG_6078.jpg

my terrible keys seem to do the job
IMG_6079.jpg

snap off overspill
IMG_6080.jpg

just like pealing a banana
IMG_6081.jpg

IMG_6082.jpg

IMG_6083.jpg

made by...
IMG_6084.jpg

ear detail
IMG_6085.jpg

vocoder detail
IMG_6086.jpg

and out she pops!
IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6094.jpg

nice even pull
IMG_6095.jpg

really happy with the final result, lightweight yet strong :) will be casting a few more tomorrow as now all the hard works over i can just sit on my bucket and give my arms a workout! (slush cast!)

Last edited:

sir that is one sexy looking helmet.....

:lol thanks mate, really pleased at how the first cast came out :)

i have noticed that my photographs make the helmet looks a little different than in person, i think its down to some perspective distortion with my 50mm camera lens, il retake some snaps using a telephoto lens and that should remove any optical distortion :) give a clearer representation of its true form.

Re: Stormtrooper pepakura - FIRST CAST PHOTOGRAPHS

Wow I've been watching this build forever and I must say this is one AMAZING piece of work! your thread helped inspire me to do a pepakura attempt of my own actually! I'm doing fierfek's boba fett, I've made a thread about it, but it's nowhere as good as yours!

Also congrats on your mold, the first pull looks superb. I'm insanely jealous, I've always wanted a Stormy bucket!

you have been keep us waiting but looking at what you've been up to its understandable, your first pull looks like a beaut' and as you said the detail in the silicon looks impressive to say the least.

guess i'll await the pictures of 5+ stormtrooper buckets lined up next to each making me (even more) jealous, i doubt i can duplicate what you've produced but you have made me want try do a stormtrooper build next (if i ever finish my boba) and give it a bloody good go

like i said i'll await the "i've got more buckets than i know what to do with" pictures

I'm still trying to pick my jaw from the floor, just don't mind me.. wow, smooth as a baby's bottom I might say. Excellent work terra1!

WOW! That is amazing! the terra1 insignia is sheer class!
are you going to have any photos of the first cast and original?
well done mate!

Simply stunning work, the whole process from start to finish has been a joy to watch!

Major congratulations mate, it's amazing helmet and one I'm insanely jealous of!

Peep Williams you've have been watching FOREVER?! it hasn't taken me that long has it? :) glad you found the thread inspiring mate, pretty much the best compliment i could receive :) many thanks friend (il have to check your boba build, not had a good chance to check all the new threads yet.)

rosskow thanks mate, currently on number 4, a couple of keying issues on the later casts but should be ok :) the stormtrooper bucket is a tuff one! don't let that put you off mate as its great fun! just so many tricky angles and curves :) il be doing something a little easier/faster for my 2nd build.

Fierfek thanks mate :) bit off pro status yet happy amateur.

purgedsoul thanks friend :) the overall babies bum finish is perfect and exactly how i wanted it, just a few keying issues on the later casts but should be able to sort that in the next few.

ckckpanton thanks mate! yip il be uploading the family tree of casts once i have a few more done, il also put up and "EPIC" try on photo for wee sax! :)

Lando thanks mate :) i want one too! still refining and tweaking but should be happy in around 5 casts, casts 1-10 are more for getting technique right. once i nail it il be outputting more :)

Skor thanks mate! :) glad you've enjoyed the ride, its been long journey for myself yet walking the road teaches you so much. i hope i've managed to help others pick up some tips too :)

Mighty impressive build, very fast too. I've been looking at pepping a trooper but seeing all the milliput work, it'd be easier to just sculpt it in clay. You did a great job adding the details in, I can't stand milliput but I've only used the yellow/gray version, maybe others are smoother to use.

Great mold too, glad you molded it down the middle and not front to back, that wouldn't have been fun getting the jacket off lol

Great job man, be proud!

Nat.

Thats a work of art. I'm never going to reach that standard but its something to aim for.

hey terra1... where's the rest of the troops?... i thought it will rain buckets today!!! lol:lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back