Still lovin' my 80's metal!

I saw George at Disneyland a few years back
he was waiting in line for Jungle Cruise.
I did not disturb him.

Good plan. The man got HUGE! :eek

Ah, good times. Loved Dokken, Ratt, Priest, Cinderella, Accept, Kix...

Still do. I had a Dokken mix CD as my gym music for most of the 90s.

I was never a huge Ozzy fan (although I did buy "Bark at the Moon"), but even now I'll listen to "No More Tears" and marvel at how well-constructed a song it is.

I also like my hair metal.
I just put new knobs on the Strat tonight;
424409_10150692967045479_636285478_11568725_1822762167_n.jpg

Bon Jovi did not sign the band. He hooked them up by simply suggested his A&R rep take a look which led to them getting a deal.

huh, i always heard he signed them on, dont remember where i heard it, i thought it was mtv....ya know, back when they actually played music videos :lol

EEEEERRRRRRR hello Guns n Roses,when g'n'r ripped the scene apart in 1987 it kicked the old and sometimes stale rock/metal world in the butt.
Now, well Slash still rocks,velvet revolver are ok(sorry i hate scott)and G'n'r really don't have it.But they inspired soooooo many bands back then.

Also Gary Moore's wild frontier album rocked,AC/DC back in black,all Ozzy stuff,and of course Motorhead

I still have long hair(i'm almost 41),still play guitar and still listen to rock/metal everyday

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL

i'm also having a hair metal renaissance at the moment.
My band at the time supported Saxon in the early 90's. Biff Byford was a total legend even though he was now playing smaller venues.
He still came out with his trademark cup of tea LOL.

Heard ride like the wind on a dance remix at work recently. All the younger folk i work with didnt quite understand my excitement and sudden burst of vocal energy.

I'm pretty pumped, I got floor tickets for when Maiden comes to Edmonton in July. This will be my second time seeing them.

I'm pretty pumped, I got floor tickets for when Maiden comes to Edmonton in July. This will be my second time seeing them.

I think Maiden is the reason I got Tinnitus :lol :facepalm

New Haven, CT 1987 Seventh Son tour, 6th row center. Couldn't hear right for 2 days afterward...

And Frehley's Comet (opener) sucked... :thumbsdown

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back