Steven W Stull. Airwolf Helmet. I'm out $1,600

Jamesfett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have contact info for Steve other than his email on the Airwolf Music/Helmet website:

I have paid in full for an Airwolf helmet and heard from him regularly but I have not heard a word in the last two months despite repeated attempts.

I don't know if he is not getting my emails or if something has happened.

Thanks

Tom

I have tried contacting the guys on the Airwolf music site that host the page for his helmets. I hope to hear back from them soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Well no luck so far.

Steve did not do Paypal and only accepted checks. I did not think twice about it as his reputation was perfect.

I will contact the bank but I doubt there is much they can do.

I talked to the Airwolf music website and they have not talked to him in a while. The only contact info they had is the same address and the email I had.

I sent a snail mail letter with all our emails to his address. No response.

Out $1,600 and no clue what happened.

I was about to buy one as well and then total radio silence. Sorry to hear that he's not responding. Let me know if you hear anything.

He SHOULD still be banned from here, he was removed several years ago after openly stalking me, over several online platforms (for at least a year) and threatening me, enough that I handed all my proof to the local FBI for threats across state lines. I won't go any further into that, but I wouldn't deal with the guy...

He SHOULD still be banned from here, he was removed several years ago after openly stalking me, over several online platforms (for at least a year) and threatening me, enough that I handed all my proof to the local FBI for threats across state lines. I won't go any further into that, but I wouldn't deal with the guy...

I got and responded to your PM. Sorry I missed this post.

Yes, sadly I was not aware of any problem with Steve and had only heard good things. He has been making Airwolf helmets for 16 years and all received theirs. Number 186, 187, and 188 were the three he was working on when I paid him. Mine was 188. I saw a recent review of one on YouTube just before I ordered mine so I knew he was delivering. I think it was #185.

I have a great wife and two amazing children, but that is where my luck stops. Likely gonna have to sell my collection anyway.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Try this:

worked for me 1 out of 3 times I filed a complaint, so not a perfect track record. But the one time it did work, a police officer local to the thief called to tell me that my complaint had been routed to his dept. and that he’d paid a personal visit ”advising” the guy to return my money. About a week later (6 months from my original complaint), I got my money back.

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that.

My guess is it’s less likely to work If the thief is a transient or otherwise has nothing of value to lose.

Great. Thank you for the tip. I did not know such a thing existed. I will do this ASAP

Thanks again.

Tom

Try this:

worked for me 1 out of 3 times I filed a complaint, so not a perfect track record. But the one time it did work, a police officer local to the thief called to tell me that my complaint had been routed to his dept. and that he’d paid a personal visit ”advising” the guy to return my money. About a week later (6 months from my original complaint), I got my money back.

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that.

My guess is it’s less likely to work If the thief is a transient or otherwise has nothing of value to lose.

I filed a complaint here shortly after this link was posted. Thank you again for that.

No luck. I have not heard back nor I have I heard from continued emails, etc.

If anyone hears of Steve surfacing please let me know.

Thanks

So this nice gentleman, Will, has also not received his helmet here you see in his video. He sent it back to Steve to be re-sized and can no longer get ahold of him. He at least was able to get a refund.

Sorry to hear of your issues. Breaks my heart to see fans being caught by people like this. Found myself in the exact same situation a bunch of years ago with someone, and no matter what I did, couldn't get the situation resolved. Luckily, a person I did business with, knew him and basically went to him and told him to sort out his **** and refund my money and anyone else he owed money to. This was even after getting onto law enforcement etc. This guy was quite happy to take advantage of international customers and steal their cash. (Though I got torn to shreds on his personal FB page after, and seeing hundreds of people I know from the community (not theRPF) all clicking like on his posts and "oh, you poor dude" to his crocodile tears. Most know his shenanigans and were people that criticised him too in private... fickle fuggaz.

On the topic, back then, there was a RPF thread of who not to do business with, and it used to be stickied. Seeing your thread reminded me that I haven't seen that thread in a long while. Maybe it's just me, and I'm filtering it out visually.

Hope your issue gets resolved. The worst part of it is, feeling like oneself is the person in the wrong, trying to get the item, and then being left with such a sour taste, that one just wants their money back, and getting the item doesn't make up for the stress of it, and honestly, any piece from that artist is just a reminder.

Last edited:
I got and responded to your PM. Sorry I missed this post.

Yes, sadly I was not aware of any problem with Steve and had only heard good things. He has been making Airwolf helmets for 16 years and all received theirs. Number 186, 187, and 188 were the three he was working on when I paid him. Mine was 188. I saw a recent review of one on YouTube just before I ordered mine so I knew he was delivering. I think it was #185.

I have a great wife and two amazing children, but that is where my luck stops. Likely gonna have to sell my collection anyway.

Thanks for the responses everyone.
Hello, we are in the same deadbeat scoundrel's copter it seems. I also sent him just over $1600 (for helmet #189 he said) via a check at his insistence. Like you, I vetted him as best as possible prior to purchase. I contacted other buyers etc. Mr Stull said he'd "be sending it soon" but no response since, via email or phone, for months. Guess I'll have to go to court, wherever he's hiding. Willing to spend a lot more to not let him easily slink away. If nothing else, getting his thefts documented may prevent others from being scammed.

yeah if he only made 2 helmets in 2021 and number 185 was the only one sold in march of 2022 it's not looking good for the people that sent money for number 186-189 (or more??) anytime soon. that sucks!!! :mad:

Yeah. :confused: :mad:

I keep hoping to get a message from him that he was terribly ill, or locked in an asylum, but he feels much better now and I will receive my helmet soon. One can dream.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back