Steve Jobs, the movie.

KaanE

Sr Member
Sony buys the film rights to Steve Jobs authorised biography.

Sony Pictures is in the midst of making a deal to secure the movie rights to upcoming authorised biography, Steve Jobs.

Deadline has the report, which claims the deal is '$1m against $3m', with Mark Gordon in line to produce.

The book, by Walter Isaacson, was initially scheduled to be released on 21 November, but that has now been bumped forward to 24 October.

It was apparently written with Jobs' full support, with the man himself giving over 40 interviews, and friends, family members and colleagues also contributing.

In light of the seismic impact news of Jobs' death had around the world this week, the book will no doubt be an enormous pre-Christmas seller.

It hardly seems a surprise that a Jobs biopic would be in the works, as tributes have described him as an 'visionary', 'iconoclast' and 'genius', and the story of his career rise takes in adversity, tension, rivalry and, finally, ridiculous success.

As Deadline points out, Sony would seem to be an ideal fit with the material, having recently worked wonders with business stories The Social Network and Moneyball.

Expect this to be fast-tracked into production.

Source: Deadline & TotalFilm.com

I knew this was going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Pirates of Silicon Valley" made both Jobs and Gates appear to be total dicks, it was hardly flattering of either. Jobs because he really did have the cult of personality in that movie and made everyone drink the Koolaid, and Gates because he was manipulative and exploitative rather than innovative.

i think this would be a great movie - if they did it like the facebook movie - jobs and gates battleing it out , ups and downs, better than all this prequil and remake crap comming out.

a bio will be interesting but id prefer a facebook type movie myself

"Pirates of Silicon Valley" made both Jobs and Gates appear to be total dicks, it was hardly flattering of either. Jobs because he really did have the cult of personality in that movie and made everyone drink the Koolaid, and Gates because he was manipulative and exploitative rather than innovative.

Well, I don't really think Gates is very innovative, but he knows when he must sell what or buy something from someone. Anyway Linux is the base of everything nowadays, for Windows or MacOS, but MacOS works better because it's been designed to work on a specific computer setup instead of in a generic one like Windows. It's like having a suit made to measure or a generic one.

There is no way I would pay to see a Jobs film.

The fawning going on over the guy now is proof that a bunch of people have fallen for the image created of him and Apple --- ie, a bunch of people drinking the Kool-Aid.

I'm sorry, but generally the Jobs/Gates types are dicks in real life. You just don't get to be a billionaire by being passive-aggressive and playing by the rules like most people. Unfortunately, oftentimes these people --- IF they're clever enough --- get so rich that they can buy their way out of trouble by the time the authorities charge them with any crime. Remember, a few years ago Microsoft paid Apple some $150million in damages for patent infringements. That was chicken feed for a company worth several billions by that point in time!

The Jobs cult was wearing thin on me before he died... For all the talk about the innovative devices he spearheaded, I wonder if most people have really bothered to stop and think about whether these things really improve life. I can't think of a single Apple product that's absolutely necessary for life. You can usually find generic/competitor devices that do the same thing for a lot less money. These devices just help the people obsessed with money spend more time in their lives making deals and doing business -- they already literally have no life besides doing business deals 24/7(!). There's also the crowd of tech geeks who have to literally own every single piece of **** that comes onto the market as soon as it hits stores... These are the people who don't stop to think if they really need something and snap it up because of status symbol/image and the mentality that they have to be the first kid on the block to own a new product.

If this is Steve Jobs' legacy, color me unimpressed...

"Pirates of Silicon Valley" made both Jobs and Gates appear to be total dicks, it was hardly flattering of either.

Given the reports of Steve Jobs' attitude and actions against those he worked with, it's safe to say the film got the dick park down for Jobs. As for Gates, it's hard to say if its true or not.

I don't think this movie will be made to impress people who are cynical and bitter. Looking forward to seeing a movie about him.

@GeorgeC, have you noticed you're in a prop replica forum? Do you think there is something you can't live with from this forum? It's exactly the same thing. People really doesn't need anything else than food, water and maybe a place to live (not always). What we have makes our live easier and more confortable, we do not buy thing because we need them, but because we want them.

I still enjoy the pseudo-biopic Pirates of Silicon Valley. It's a fun watch.

Steve Jobs played by Dr. Carter. Bill Gates played by Rusty Griswold. It was a good movie, but I got to agree with another poster, the movie made 'em look like dicks. Not surprised about this new movie potentially being made.

I liked the documentary that I think was on PBS, not sure, about the history of the computer age (basically the 80's/90's). Jobs had a quote there I love to this day.

"Good inventors come up with their own ideas, great ones steal other peoples ideas."

or Something to that effect. It was used right after they show/he explains how he go the idea for the mac from Xerox's Palo Alto facility where the had a functioning WYSIWYG computer with a mouse and word processor.

Gates built microsoft off IBM's naivete'. They asked him to write the latest version of DOS (3.2) and he did it, but only if he got the rights to use it on other machines. IBM gave it up to him because there were no other machines to run it. The guys who became compaq (i believe) reverse engineered the IBM pc and the rest is history.

They pulled out some magazine article on SJ from 1985 where my wife works and he said some really prophetic stuff in there.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back