Steve Harrington's costumes Stranger Things

More reason to believe his battle jacket patches are made up...View attachment 1619663
Interesting that they used a regulation US flag patch there!

The Hawkins Police flag patches are a modified US flag.

(Regulation US flag above, Hawkins Police modified US flag below)

105gOiQ.jpg

In addition to Forrest Gump's Nike Cortez, and the Nike All Court; Steve also wore the exact same Nike Bruin shoes as Marty McFly! In fact Steve is actually wearing the 2015 'McFly' Bruin Reissues Nike specifically marketed to Back to the Future fans in a promotional collaboration with Universal Studios.(They are very valuable today!) You can see the Blank White Tongue Nike released these reproductions with; Even though the original 80's Bruins actually had labels, the BTTF costume department removed the branding from the tongue for filming.
0PihZQ7.jpg

Also visible on the left side of this screenshot.
ad32e665-5536-413e-9f6e-622cc00e8758-png.png

And Marty McFly's shoes
back-to-the-future_0-a-jpg.jpg

As you can see from the original Nike catalog image below the brand label has been removed from the tongue.
(Bonus fact; This is also the exact same model & colorway worn by Elliot in 'E.T.' Another amazing movie from Steven Spielberg with these shoes)
7fbe5a81e0994b6432d14e9cc6fd5b30.jpg

And finally the 2015 Reissues that Nike marketed to Back to the Future fans and collectors. Complete with the brandless blank white tongue, and blank red heel.
mcfly-nike-bruins.jpg

The original Bruins were available from the early 80's up to the mid/late 80's. I like to think Steve Harrington went out and purchased a pair of Nike Bruin shoes just like Marty McFly's after he watched Back to the Future high on Russian Truth Serum at the Starcourt Mall theatre with Robyn.
bc453cd2c5c069fe2da4d03c4475cdc2.gif

Last edited:
I actually tried to find a pair of Nike Bruins because of the season 4 set photos that came out with Steve wearing them. I didn't find anything for a while, and Nike actually ended up doing some custom shoes on their app, so I customized some Nike Blazer lows to look like the bruins. This was 2 years ago, so not sure how they do it now

Here are some photos (One is unlaced because I put new laces on them)

Attachments

• 20221111_140037.jpg
    20221111_140037.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 20221111_140134.jpg
    20221111_140134.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 162
  • 20221111_135824.jpg
    20221111_135824.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 128
Has anyone seen any listings for a style auto or similar unbranded jacket in a smaller size anywhere recently? Been looking for one now for months and still no luck.

I have not been able to find any in any size anywhere online for sale. I was amazed to find out later and see you found 3 available on Poshmark and eBay on your last post about the shirt. I’ve been looking for a large specifically, but still amazed you found any at all.
Found a couple in Small. Hope this helps:

Found a couple in Small. Hope this helps:
The members only jacket is pretty easy the find, they were asking about the style auto jacket that Steve used in S3 for one ep and predominantly in S4.

Anyone have any idea what kind of dark green vest he’s wearing in season 2? I’ve been trying to find one like it but haven’t found much so far.
I stumbled on this one looking for the hellfire shirt. (Which they have and it's only 25 now! ) Anyway, here you go:

This is a Style Auto vintage jacket. It’s a brand from the 80’s which made racing style jackets (Another jacket from the same brand was used for the “Cobra Kai” jackets in Karate Kid and Karate Kid II. You can find some on eBay. I managed to get one very similar to Steve’s for 20€. I showed mine in the pics, and yes as you can see he’s wearing it in the Season 4 new teaser too.
Is there any way you’d be willing to consider selling your style auto jacket?

Has anyone seen any listings for a style auto or similar unbranded jacket in a smaller size anywhere recently? Been looking for one now for months and still no luck.
I think the best way to track down the jacket at this point would be to try to ask the costume designer which company made the jacket as it might have been a limited reproduction run of the jacket. or to get a original style auto jacket and get a custom made one using the pattern ( by asking a company ) and make a limited run for fans

I think the best way to track down the jacket at this point would be to try to ask the costume designer which company made the jacket as it might have been a limited reproduction run of the jacket. or to get a original style auto jacket and get a custom made one using the pattern ( by asking a company ) and make a limited run for fans
I’ve thought about asking the costume designer directly- I found out the show’s designer for s4 was amy parris, but I haven’t been able to find any contact info for her

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back