StepCraft 2 CNC Router Kit - From Assembly to first Prop

Total time was about 6 hours for the rough path. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446389251.071189.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446389280.072503.jpg

And here it is :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446389303.142606.jpg

Now to the fine path :)

So, first fine path is done :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446500157.176320.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446500177.643781.jpg

It came out super smooth :) very happy with the result. Unfortunately it didn't cut through the entire panel... My Z-Axis Zero was a bit to high I guess + I forgot to make a cutout path. So my bad... Will sleep over it and think about how I'll get it out... Maybe grinding from the back will do.

So, first fine path is done :)

View attachment 549616
View attachment 549617

It came out super smooth :) very happy with the result. Unfortunately it didn't cut through the entire panel... My Z-Axis Zero was a bit to high I guess + I forgot to make a cutout path. So my bad... Will sleep over it and think about how I'll get it out... Maybe grinding from the back will do.

Why not raise the part with something thin. and make the last pass of the out edge?

The last comment only makes sense if you guys know that I did the second half late at night too :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446531709.677458.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446531729.082043.jpg

Will try to grind from the back...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446531744.446604.jpg

Looks like you can almost see the outer edge on the back. a sanding block or hand sander would get you there pretty quick i would think. i like this machine. any thoughts on your next project?

Yep, almost there. The project is not done yet ;)
The pieces need to be glued together and maybe I'll mold the knife... We'll see.

Next I'll try to cut EVA Foam with it, so I can instant cut Pep files :)

Stay tuned :)

Wow so glad I looked through this thread! I'm a huge fan of buck as well. I might try and take a stab at making one of these!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back