Steampunk Mechanical Gentleman Costume/Props PIC HEAVY!

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Figures this belonged in this section since it is a costume, but not a replica of anything and includes many props that were made individually from the costume. Ive been working on this for a few months, more progress here:

http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=4013.0

But i wanted to see what everyone here thought, hopefully i can finish it for Halloween! The chestplate has blinking multicolored LEDs and a squishy life like heart. Was going to have a beating oine in there, but it wouldnt fit where i needed it. The cross bar on the chestplate will connect to the facemask by tubing. My previously made Steamcane will also be a costume accessory, with a few updates.

The concept:
baroncostume.jpg

The Progress:
baroncostume15.jpg

baroncostume1.jpg

baronarmor1.jpg

baronarmor2.jpg

baronarmor3.jpg

baronarmor4.jpg

baroncostume6.jpg

baroncostume10.jpg

baroncostume20.jpg

baroncostume23.jpg

cane20.jpg

cane23.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, that looks outstanding. I agree with the previous post, that mask looks creepy! (any chance of a tutorial on the mask??)
That chest plate is coming along nicely as well.

As for the heart, here's a possible idea (just throwing something out there to see what you think), maybe have the heart inside a glass (plastic)container with some greeblies attached to it (some copper coils, a pressure guage). If it's in a container maybe it could fit your beating heart.

Great work!

DS

EDIT - Oops, the first time I loaded the page only the first pic of the chestplate came up and I assumed it was still a WIP...I didn't see the finished pics until just now. Forget the "glass container" comment. Yours looks much better!

Last edited:
Is that a cane???

It's a bird! Its a plane! Its....STEAM PIMP!!!

I love it man! Very unique. Is this a personal design or is it from something?
Sorry if I'm not familiar with the source idea.

The breathing mask is actually from X-Treme Design i think is there name, generic superhero breathing mask, but i modified it a bit.

Unfortunatly i already glued in the chest compartment so i cant do much modifying it now =\

Steampimp!! LMAO!! Really though.. that looks awesome..good work so far..
I bought some of those gooey test-tubes too! Did you see the one with the mouse??

Not to take away from the rest of its coolness, but my favorite aspect is the lightup floral design. Looks like a cross between the nuclear and biohazard warning icons.

heheh, thanks.

Yeah i got the mouse test tube from Walgreens, those things are great :D

I can see out of the goggles just fine, they arent close to my facve so i can see out of the sides and straight out one of the lenses.

Looks great! The heart feature is sweet!

On the eye piece, have you thought about adding a side area to enclose your eyes? Similar to the photo below?

glasses.jpg

It looks like it needs something so we can't see the corners of your eyes.

Great work!

FB

yeah ive thought about that, i was originally just going to wear those type of glasses, i have some, but with me already only being able to see out of one lense, i think i might need those gaps on the side, ill decide once i get it all together, wouldnt be hard to add. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Actually it wasnt intentional, but after it happened, i liked it and went with it, make it a bit more disturbing i think, that its cracked and it could all spill out at any moment :p even though its glued very good and wont ever fully break.

the Halloween party is tomorrow, so im gonna work hard to finish this today and hopefully get some pics tonight or tomorrow!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back