Stargate Props : Show us yours!

My fiancee bought these for me along with an Iron Man prop for Christmas. These are both from Propworx. The first is a screen-used Ori supergate crystal. The second items are Ronon's practice/sparring weapons, screen-used from SG: Atlantis. They're both foam rubber around solid cores and they're painted to look like wood.

crystal.jpg

stargate.jpg

The display is looking great msisaac, congrats.. Did you make it yourself?

Negative. The fiancee shadowboxed everything. She even searched around for screenshots of Ronon using these swords and printed them. The pictures are at the bottom of the shadowbox. These and the Iron Man prop she got are my first screen-used props.

Really cool :).. Especially since they are your first props..
How are the props fixed to the box, or is it supposed to be a lying set-up?

Really cool :).. Especially since they are your first props..
How are the props fixed to the box, or is it supposed to be a lying set-up?

The two swords are just sitting in the box. The box is small enough that they can't fall down. The crystal is attached to a brown card using some scrapbooking clear adhesive gummy things that she had. The card is then attached to the soft cloth backing with some velcro. She did an awesome job and I couldn't be happier. Of course, now she introduced me to the world of prop collecting which I fear will deplete the bank account even more than the statue collecting that I've been doing for a few years!

Everytime I turn around it seems somebody else is offering up a new version of the C4 blocks used on Stargate, and everytime they say it's the official design and screen used props up for sale.

Does anybody know what the genuine article looks like? Or if there's more than one version produced and used on screen?

I can't help but think the C4 blocks are almost begging for trouble if someone sees them in the wrong context. I can imagine sending some of them to a friend in the mail, and the box gets eaten at the post office, and someone sees little boxes of C4 peeking out the holes... ;)

I can't help but think the C4 blocks are almost begging for trouble if someone sees them in the wrong context. I can imagine sending some of them to a friend in the mail, and the box gets eaten at the post office, and someone sees little boxes of C4 peeking out the holes... ;)

That's always a possibility. That's why they need to be shipped in a correct manner to avoid such issues from happening. Like the blocks in one package and the wrappers in another, folded up and sandwiched between papers in envelopes.

Meanwhile I can't stop making these. Everytime I see a new variation I feel compelled to construct them.

C416.jpg

C417.jpg

After some re-arranging of my apartment's workspace, I can finally hang up one of my Chevrons as "inspiration."

172272_10150100813758322_500673321_6015929_4339982_o.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't make the translucent part quite right so even with a really bright backlight it doesn't light very well. Oh, well. That's what second tries are for!

it's not really a prop, but I made this in a CNC class in college. We were limited to 2.5d and 6x18x1, so it's as big as I could fit in there.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

It's in 3 different pieces that were painted and fit together. The text is black vinyl.

I've never been much of a painter...

I'm cross-eyed from staring at the computer most of the day so far. Not happy with the slotted banding. Think I may skip modeling that part and just stick to the main body being modeled and everyone could scratch build the other stuff.

Main question for you guys is do you want me to put an access panel on the back... that isn't cannon. You can't see any seams in the screenshots I have.
Doing so I can hallow it out so it uses less material when printed at Shapeways... would also allow you to back-light the screen... or possibly stuff the guts from a small pc/android tablet into it.

Well, didn't think I'd have this in my possession this quick.... upstairs isn't ready for it... But this big behemouth was dropped off today by a semitruck. Dad about had a heart attack when he saw how big the container was. Surprisingly he even thought the item inside was cool. Usually he has a mild disdain for my prop collecting habit.
IMG_0754.jpg

Have to click on the spoiler to see the contents :love
IMG_0755.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg

Some cool stuff here guys!

A couple of questions if no one minds:

1) Did they ever release a PDF of the most recent auction catalogue?

2) Has anyone ever documented all of Carters "Universal Tricorder Devices" (her little hand scanners) and/or the one used in the movie?

I asked at Gateworld and all I got was a nasty lecturing about "canon" terminology.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back