Stargate Atlantis: Asuran Stunner build from Hero

Anders

Hey everyone !

I hope you still like Stargate, because this year I come with hum, IMHO one of the best props from Stargate Atlantis !

I've seen some threads about this gun, and since I have molds & casts from a Hero one, I'm doing some reverse engineering on this baby !

I'm going to mill it in Aluminium like the original ones ! and also fitting electronics in it !

Heres one spoiler pic from a "popular cad software"

This gun is a 6 part build

Two sides, Dual side slider, top cover & clear cast crystal

I will update the topic as far as I progress :)

Hope you'll enjoy it !

Last edited:
I will probably make static aluminium cold cast resin guns when everything is done,

the problem with the molds is that even a little distortion ruin all the kinematics,
it's why I decided to mill it

new bump

would love one myself. loves me some atlantis weapons. want to find someone to mill me a brass power cell for a traveller/Ronan's pistol. I have a cast version but want the part to be metal like the hero. Figure a machinist can make one easy enough. just have to find someone that does that kind of thing. i've checked here in seattle and most only do car parts or large runs of stuff.

nice work on the gun. can't wait to see the finished product.

Around 200-400$ for the static cast
Around 800-1200$ for the fully working aluminium one

that's a large estimation I know but it should be around these prices

:( I think I just lost interest :(

I really wanted one, but for those prices I could almost get a screen used one.

:( I think I just lost interest :(

I really wanted one, but for those prices I could almost get a screen used one.

That's the problem while trying to replicate some props, Asuran hero were sold around 4200$ and the stunts ones around 800$,
but ... it's a bid price, this does not reflect the real costs involved

It's almost the same thing with full leather costumes, most of them are not even sold the "raw leather price" ....

Sorry for that but most of the time if you can find a Hero at a nice price, you must get it :) and if not, you could already find some nice replicas

Last edited:
That's the problem while trying to replicate some props, Asuran hero were sold around 4200$,
but ... it's a bid price, this does not reflect the real costs behind and the stunts ones around 800$

It's almost the same thing with full leather costumes, most of them are not even sold the "raw leather price" ....

Sorry for that but most of the time if you can find a Hero at a nice price, you must get it :) and if not, you could already find some nice replicas

It's not a "hero" but it lights up: http://archive.propworx.com/1010/858

I understand it will cost you some dollars to make them, but $1200 for me is just too much. I'm sure there are people who would buy them at that price, but not me. At that price I could get TWO zat guns that open, close, light up, and with sound effects.

Around 200-400$ for the static cast
Around 800-1200$ for the fully working aluminium one

that's a large estimation I know but it should be around these prices

Hmm That does seem like a lot, without knowing the final prices and seeing what the final will be, I will simply be watching this thread for now, Please do register my interest, I would LOVE one of these pistols, the price however at the moment does seem a bit beyond me for now.

Hmm That does seem like a lot, without knowing the final prices and seeing what the final will be, I will simply be watching this thread for now, Please do register my interest, I would LOVE one of these pistols, the price however at the moment does seem a bit beyond me for now.

These are just bare/raw estimations on what I know for now, this involves lots of investment to get these final products, but this could also be less than what I estimated :)

And when I will have my prototypes in hands, I could reconsider everything (like making a budget working version, etc ...)

Here now, I am waiting new better bit/endmill and some raw aluminium plates

So stay update :)

PS Chevron: "At that price I could get TWO zat guns that open, close, light up, and with sound effects."
Well ... i'm not sure of that :) at least maybe one for 800-1000$ :)
And 800$ could be a nice price for the working asuran gun, aswell as 300$ for the static with lights (static doesn't mean it will not light up)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back