Stardestroyer Scratchbuild rookie

Stormtripper

Hi All

I posted a picture of my scrathbuild project some time ago and I thought it was about time made a new post. I´ve joined this page hoping to find some good advice and inspiration for a future project. Not many people share this interest in Scandinavia so I feel "at home in here" ;-)

Please comment with advice, if you think I should do something different on the destroyer, its not a 100 % accurate but I am aiming to get as close as I can .

IMG_7900.JPG

IMG_7792.JPGIMG_7905.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Steve :) I like the "I share your pain" part :-D It really has been a struggle, and I almost got de-motivated when I saw your destroyer ,,, wwoooaaah it seriously good lookin and detailed. Mine is so no way your attention to details. I like how you have done the rear engines, that part is giving me a hard time right now.
It is 2 and a half foot long by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it looks pretty darn awesome! Excellent work.

I think I made a mistake in my reply :$ gotta sort out how this works. Thanks a lot I really appreciate it.

I noticed in another thread that you where looking for a solution for the main engines, if your build is two feet long, then go find some plastic easter eggs. That's what I used.

Thanks Scratchy. I actually want to go for that - just as I saw Steve jones made his. I found some plastic eggs today and will try and see how it fits. Im in the process of trying to build the rear end. After having you guys engines it was clear to me that the I had made was a "no go"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    846.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    715.5 KB · Views: 102
Ive found some nice looking eggs and will post pictures if I can get it to look okay. This is how the rear looks so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    800.1 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 124
IMG_3047.JPG
Scratchy helped me out with my engines as well. I too used plastic easter eggs covered in detail. They were just a small pain compared to the rest of this dang ship! You're build is going very well. Keep it up, lookin good.

View attachment 413850
Scratchy helped me out with my engines as well. I too used plastic easter eggs covered in detail. They were just a small pain compared to the rest of this dang ship! You're build is going very well. Keep it up, lookin good.

Thank you very much I really appreciate your comment in this part of the process its it is really a time consumng build and sometimes I blind myself in all the details and dont know if it is okay, sonthank you .... Really !

Here are what my engines look like utilizing plastic Easter Eggs as a base to work upon. If you have to, hold off on this area until Easter comes up in the spring and then look around in the stores for suitable "parts".
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/scratchyimages/Star Destroyer/mainengines_zpse7bd0909.jpg

I actually took your advice and bought some plastic eggs, and I think I will go with them ( maybe I can upload pictures tonight ) the only darnn thing about his project is that I hyperventilate when I see you guys builds in here ,,... Geeee they are impressive and I always end up finding my own project like a "wannabe" Thanks for the picture, it looks stunning.

Incredible build. What's this "rookie" crap? These are not rookie results. Great job.

TazMan2000
:)
Thanks TazMan2000. For the record ! The latest pictures on my thread is from some friendly fellow builders, my build is on top :$ but I really am rookie/firsttimer to this kind of build..

Here are the eggs i found and the firdt cuts. I will do some more detailing and see how it turns out.
image.jpg

Ive also made some testtplates to see what color to choose. This is actually quite interresting, I askednon a different thread and they were kind to advise me, I will try to go for off white and a grey wash. Ive painted my yellow resin parts. Im still far from the paint job but cant wait.
image.jpg

Your build is fantastic Stormtripper. For someone who considers himself a rookie; you are very talented. Keep the pics coming because I love your work :D

Your build is fantastic Stormtripper. For someone who considers himself a rookie; you are very talented. Keep the pics coming because I love your work :D

Thank you very much :) I really appreciate it, and I am seriously a first timer in this. I´ve build some stuff in cardboard before, but then I learned about "schracthbuilding" and the funny part about that, is that when was a year into my destroyer project, I read in a forum somewhere that only a fool would startout with a burnout project as a stardestroyer :lol:lol
yeeaaa so . here I am.

Thanks again

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back