Star wars Visual dictionary Lightsaber cutaway : Searching for parts

Thibault

Sr Member
Hi gang !!

I am trying to identify all the parts of this cutaway.
I searched a lot and everywhere, but nothing... :unsure

Lightsaber-cutaway.jpg

I already found that it is a Graflex :lol ... And quartz crystal. :confused

and :

1. The cycling energizer fields are darts barrels/grips (thank you shingouki28!)
images

2. The crystal mounts are Molex pins
3. The power field conductor is a sheet of copper, burned and laser cut
4. The inert power insulator is a papersand sheet painted in black

For the rest... :confused :confused :confused

Thank you for your help guys !!

Blade length adjust is a Graflex red button and the blade power adjust is a Graflex 'glass eye'. Handgrip adjustment looks like the head of a pop rivet.

But then, you knew all that LOL!

I think the power field conductor is wood actually

That's what I was thinking first... Since I read this article :
StarWars.com | Building a Complete Visual Dictionary

"The parts were laser-cut and found objects," explains Bies, "like the crystal for the cutaway lightsaber was just something we found at a gemology store. The lightsaber itself is made up of a Graflex flash handle, and the little pins inside are Molex pin connectors for electronic devices. For the battery part, I wanted something textured rather than painted, so that's actually laser-cut sandpaper, which has a nice black oxide texture to it. And the copper is just copper tape burnished onto a laser-cut piece."

Blade length adjust is a Graflex red button and the blade power adjust is a Graflex 'glass eye'. Handgrip adjustment looks like the head of a pop rivet.

But then, you knew all that LOL!

Yeah I knew ... :lol But thanks !
The worst thing is that I was pretty sure you would knew almost all the parts !

I wouldn´t bet to much cash on the dart-handles, at least not my own money. :love

To deep, the cuts - i´ve never seen a handle with such deep grip-profile in all my years playing in the dart-league, Grip is good when sweating in a tournament, but to deep is uncomfortable and i assume it would have a bad effect on a clean and repeatable flight.
But it would be easily machined.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't replica the circuit boards in there. That totally detracts from it being from a Galaxy Far Far Away. That bugs the hell out of me when people do cutaways then use obvious Earth electronics in them. Make something up!

Noooooooooooo Nooooooo !
Michael, you just have killed my joyce... :lol

I have read in a lot of websites that all the parts were found "somewhere"...

I guess I will have to find a machinist ...

I was also thinking that the "Diatium power cell" was a dremel tool or a screwdriver adaptator...

Noooooooooooo Nooooooo !
Michael, you just have killed my joyce... :lol

I didn´t say it is impossible :lol, just not very probably.

But there is always hope - some noobs buy their darts just by the optics, so maybe..... ;)

I guess I will have to find a machinist ...

If you give me your wanted dimensions, and are in no hurry, i can turn you some and throw them in an padded envelope.

If you give me your wanted dimensions, and are in no hurry, i can turn you some and throw them in an padded envelope.

Wow Michael, that's very kind !!
I think you are right, the streaks might have been machined in order to be deeper...

I will size them !

(Maybe it will be your next project, now that you are a Saber guy :love)

Hey there - Sorry I got your PM but was at school at forgot to respond! I know for sure what a couple parts are (or I did) so I will look through my junk and try to find names for them. I dont think they are darts either - I had those parts custom machined (I have a few still lying around). Let me see what I can find and get back to you. Heres one of my completed ones from way back (the person asked for it to face the other direction):

vapaadsabercomplete.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back