Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

ag53YPW_700bwp.webp

And that's a problem? This is the last chapter in the Skywalker saga.....its go big or go home.

from what im hearing this will be a ROTJ remake in same fashion as TFA was, direct copy but the scenes rearranged. JJ likes remakes and lens flares.

I’m curious to see how this all ends but honestly ready for the Skywalker saga to be over. When I saw TFA it took a minute to warm up to it all but my general attitude was that I was excited about Star Wars going forward. Cool, menacing villain, legacy characters back, all of it. It’s been beaten to death so I apologize for bringing it up but the next installment turned it (for me) from anticipation for more Star Wars into feeling like I was watching “Party of Five” or something. The setups, the characters, and the general Star Wars feel was gone out of everything again. Hopefully JJ can bring it back to end on a high note. That is what I’m hopeful and optimistic for

from what im hearing this will be a ROTJ remake in same fashion as TFA was, direct copy but the scenes rearranged. JJ likes remakes and lens flares.

Probably,...TFA was in the mould of ANH, & TLJ was of ESB

I really have no problem with Rian Johnston's new trilogy
Future SW films should move on & expand & not constantly recycle what was done before

J

Probably,...TFA was in the mould of ANH, & TLJ was of ESB

I really have no problem with Rian Johnston's new trilogy
Future SW films should move on & expand & not constantly recycle what was done before

J

Looking forward to seeing the Mandalorian series and, New Star Wars films when available/released - Original trilogy related or not ( reference wise ).
Unfortunately, anything ‘Star Wars’ that’s RJ related isn’t . Ever.

So some images of the Lego sets for TROS have been released. Here are some cool/interesting things I picked up on.

ry5sd6x2i0i31.jpg

The Y-wing seems to be drawing some inspiration from Ralph's concept art, what with the longer oval nose
lQ5JAiP.jpg

Can't wait to see how it actually looks

4gxcolxodzh31.png

The A-wing seems to be sporting symbol similar to a symbol commonly seen on Clone Wars era ships
latest?cb=20110918171254.jpg

latest?cb=20090424014352.jpg

So some images of the Lego sets for TROS have been released. Here are some cool/interesting things I picked up on.

View attachment 1051149
The Y-wing seems to be drawing some inspiration from Ralph's concept art, what with the longer oval nose
View attachment 1051150
Can't wait to see how it actually looks
Not to sound cynical (again, I know) but so many designs in the new trilogy are verbatim remakes of what’s on a McQuairre painting and getting away with it cuz the OT always changed it around a bit on the actual models/costumes. The new X-Wing, the flametrooper, Nima Outpost, Rey’s character design...wouldn’t be surprised if there would be an actual throne room in the middle of a lava pit. I mean it’s a good way of getting the same but different feeling and the new X-wing is gorgeous, it’s just it starts to feel a bit lazy maybe? Then again the PT had a plethora of original designs and nothing did anything to me.

Not to sound cynical (again, I know) but so many designs in the new trilogy are verbatim remakes of what’s on a McQuairre painting and getting away with it cuz the OT always changed it around a bit on the actual models/costumes. The new X-Wing, the flametrooper, Nima Outpost, Rey’s character design...wouldn’t be surprised if there would be an actual throne room in the middle of a lava pit. I mean it’s a good way of getting the same but different feeling and the new X-wing is gorgeous, it’s just it starts to feel a bit lazy maybe? Then again the PT had a plethora of original designs and nothing did anything to me.

On one hand I kinda agree with you. But on the other hand, I like seeing more literal interpretations of Ralph's, and others, designs.

I'm thinking they aren't all ROTS items. The awing, Anakin's Jedi FIghter, the Negotiator - the last two are defintiely from the clone wars series. A wing could go either way.

Odd that Y wings would look like that in ROTS, too. They've had 30+ years to properly refit them and not leave them in skeletal form.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back