Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Going off what MJF said... What if, since Palpatine has been confirmed to have 'created' Anakin, what if Anakin learned the same thing & since he was the chosen one, he influenced the Force from beyond to create Rey as both an atonement & a fulfillment

Crazier things have happened. Lol

Going off what MJF said... What if, since Palpatine has been confirmed to have 'created' Anakin, what if Anakin learned the same thing & since he was the chosen one, he influenced the Force from beyond to create Rey as both an atonement & a fulfillment

Crazier things have happened. Lol

Yes yes yes!!!

I'm thinking that Rey will be the first to not be trained as either a Sith or Jedi, but instead trained to exist as the Force does...both violent & peaceful.

Relying on all this ancillary material would be a big mistake when it comes to general audiences. Anything outside of the film universe would require too much exposition for a single film. I'm guessing Luke will be a ghost, Palpatine will be a hologram from the Death Star wreckage and Rey will turn out to be a Skywalker all along. I'll wait for Blu Ray, unless my brother wants me to go with badly enough to pay for the pleasure of my company. ;)

Well, what ever happens it is the end of the Skywalker stories for a while.

Disney Boss Robert Iger Says Star Wars Films Are Going 'On Hiatus'

Whether or not this is an effort to drive the Disney streaming service , or they have realise that they need a better more structured approach to future movies is up for debate, but it does look like they accept they need and want to do better, which to be honest I think is a good thing, I'll be interested to see how "The Mandalorian" comes over today.

They have been saying this is going to be the end of the Skywalker trilogies for a while now. This hiatus is for the anthology movies and the new RJ trilogy in development which was said not to be Skywalker related.

But yes, I think it is a good thing. Some good TV stuff coming to keep us occupied till then. They definitely need to figure what story they want to tell and how to get there. I think David Filoni needs to be involved.

But I think this is to focus on Disney+, I think it is the result of public reaction of TLJ, the poor box office of Solo, and the continued dislike of having RJ developing the new trilogy. I think the writing was on the wall for this hiatus. If it wasn’t, there would have been a production of an anthology movie well on its way by now since the concept was to have a new movie every year. They are just making the hiatus official with this announcement.

Sorry if this has been brought up already...

There has been a comparison made about the ship seen in the teaser to the one leaving Rey in TFA.

View attachment 1009957

Back when TFA was released, people found similarities in that ship to the one Luke and Mara Jade had in the comics.

View attachment 1009958

And then of course the speculation has been that Keri Russel’s character could be Mara Jade.

I know as a Mara Jade fan, I am probably setting myself up for disappointment.

I feel you, back when RO trailer came out I really really thought Jyn Erso would be the new Mara Jade: an imperial defector and bad ass rebel hero, RO would be the awesome way to introduce her and Rey would be Luke's and her daughter. Oh boy was I wrong... At the end of it I was like :confused:
Very interesting point about the ships though! We can always hope...

Relying on all this ancillary material would be a big mistake when it comes to general audiences. Anything outside of the film universe would require too much exposition for a single film. I'm guessing Luke will be a ghost, Palpatine will be a hologram from the Death Star wreckage and Rey will turn out to be a Skywalker all along. I'll wait for Blu Ray, unless my brother wants me to go with badly enough to pay for the pleasure of my company. ;)

I’m right there with ya Buddy!!

I've said the same about the non-movie stuff for a long time. You simply can't incorporate it as 90% or more of the movie going public won't be aware of any of it. That was part of the mistake of the ST in needing the lead in books to understand everything in TFA. You didn't really need it for the flick, but a few more things made since if you'd read them.

It's another reason i don't think any of this has squat to do with Anakin. To pull that off you need to be dropping hints (even vague ones) along the way and they haven't. You don't pull micro things from 9 movies on in the final one. You're going to have people watching these that haven't seen 1-6.

The plan was to have three different filmmakers each make one episode, each bringing their own unique spin. But they failed to recognize that Jar Jar Abrams is a hack-fraud and Ruin Johnson is a troll who wants half of his audience to hate the film.

I think it could have worked with an overarching plan.

Without that plan and the requirement that it be adhered to, it was destined to fail. That's why this trilogy got botched - no over all plan which is exactly what was stated in that article.

Also, in the case of SW, a trilogy is a cohesive thing, putting unique spins on each part isn't a recipe for success either. It's one story broken up into three parts

PT - the super basic story is the fall of the Republic
OT - the basic story is the defeat of the empire
ST - ??

We knew the basic story for the PT before the first scene was shot. That's a rarity i'll grant you. But the second ESB ended (if not when it was announced), we knew the basic story was the defeat of the empire.

Letting people do WTH they want leaves you with this, we even have a trailer for 9 and we still don't know the story of this trilogy. I hate to drag up the dreaded Marvel analogy, but they do let their directors have great leeway to leave their mark. Thing is, all those flicks aren't tied together into a single story. But, regardless of that, Marvel DOES have an overarching plan and the directors have things they can and cannot do and on the broad strokes there is a master plan that has to be adhered to.

Oh yeah.

JJ brings in Kylo with the helmet.
Rian smashes it.
JJ puts it back together.

JJ brings back the lightsaber.
Rian breaks it.
JJ fixes it.

The overtones of repairing the franchise couldnt be any less subtle.

I'm hoping...

JJ brings back Luke at the end of the film
Rian destroys his character
JJ fixes it.

JJ makes TFA as a homage to the OT
Rian parodies it.
JJ fixes it.

J

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back