Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

ghostluke.jpg

Speaking on continuity.. I wish they could keep some with the props.. especially the sacred Skywalker graflex...

TFA adds the shaved brass eye
TLJ adds all kinds of hell to them
TRoS puts the factory knurled glass eye back

Please help me, please....
You should know better than that. All those different lightsaber configurations in the OT? We just need to take our novacaine and accept that these lightsabers will ever be the same across the movies, let alone across congruent scenes. :confused:

I think I have it figured out. At this point Luke Skywalker is regarded as only a legend and/or myth. People who know of him hold him in the highest regard, like a superhero. So Rey (who has no last name) ends up adopting the name of Skywalker or is referred to as "A" Skywalker.

My backup theory is that she is a Skywalker or a Solo somehow but not the usual "Lukes daughter" manner. Maybe Leia is her mother somehow? Conceived by the force like Shmi Skywalker? Leia is a Skywalker who showed incredible force powers in the last movie.

When we hear Luke say "WE have taught you everything we know. 1000 generations live with you now." What if he was referring to everyone?? Him, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin...... The possibilities are endless!! We could see 5 force ghosts!! Hell I'd love to see Qui-Gon!!!

I'm super excited.

Last edited:
Hell I'd love to see Qui-Gon!!!

The only thing good IMO about TPM was Qui-Gon.........it still kills me to this day that we never saw him again. Not going to happen in this movie, but sure wish we could have seen him again.

And despite the shot of the gloves, I have a feeling it's not Kylo piloting that Tie..........

It's strange for me, never thought I would look forward to another SW movie, but I'm stoked for this.

Last edited:
Well, I've slept on it, had a think , and read the posts.

A lot seem to have asked why Mark wasn't there?

Given the likely speculation over the title , the fact he has "disappeared" at the end of TLJ in such mysterious circumstances and then there was the Palpatine reveal ,it would certainly make sense to leave any hint that he's still around until much nearer the release date.

Now the focus is on Palpatine and everybody is trying to guess which Skywalker is going to rise, which is clever. But I'm guessing from the voice over Lukes a force ghost, I really cannot see him being anything else.

He says "We've passed on all we know. A thousand generations live in you now. But this is your fight" and then adds "We'll always be with you. No one's ever really gone." which says, at least to me, there is no chance of him being anything else really "substantial" in the film for any length of time, but given the dice trick in TLJ who can tell.

I'm ok with the Palpatine angle. The fact the "First Order" appeared as literally another Empire after its downfall seems to hint that Palpatine left a " first order" (like Order 66) which was an instruction that in the eventuality of his death it was to be recreated. I always thought that after TFA we'd see Palpatine emerge as the power behind Snoke ,Wizard of Oz like.

Afterall there has been no real explanation how Palpatine became the Sith in the Prequels so thats very open. But I highly doubt that he cheated death at the end of ROTJ as a living body (he fell down a shaft, blew up, then the whole bloody DS exploded !!!!!!), but perhaps did remain some sort of dark influence that survived it, again likely as a force ghost. Remember its only much later that Obi wan and Yoda discover this ability to "survive" death as Jedi.

Or maybe he's even something else entirely, as part of a greatter evil always within the Force. The Sith does seem to be a pretty persistent entity as a reemerging corruption of the Jedi values, so maybe reincarnating itself into a living physical body to take action in the universe is one Sith spirit in particular (hint, hint !!).

I did sketch out several story plots after TLJ to see if I could get the story back into line and that was my thinking and the trailer and panel kind of hints at this.If they manage to wrap up the entire three trilogies in even a reasonable way that allows the entire SW universe to move on I 'd be very happy.

Last edited:
Dude I screamed like a little girl when I saw maul. (I’m a HUGE maul fan) and I didn’t think they would ever cross anything over like that

I had about 6 people come up to me when we left the theater because I was talking to my ex girlfriends sister (haven’t seen her in 11 years and we randomly got into the same theater) about maul

She knew I had alittle back ground in Star Wars so she was asking me how he’s alive

When I began telling the story others walked over to listen

Adults with their little kids, I felt like c3po telling the story to the Ewoks

...I even mentioned that while explaining mauls canon history lol

Oh my, I wish I could have seen that! That's awesome!

I know when I saw Solo. The moment the hologram flicked on. I remember seeing the cybernetic legs, and thinking to myself. "There's only one person in the galaxy that sounds like Sam Witwer and has cybernetic legs!". Then he took his hood off and my girlfriend and I just turned to each other, mouths agape. Loved it!

The only thing good IMO about TPM was Qui-Gon.........it still kills me to this day that we never saw him again. Not going to happen in this movie, but sure wish we could have seen him again.

And despite the shot of the gloves, I have a feeling it's not Kylo piloting that Tie..........

Somebody hasn't seen the Clone Wars!:eek: Qui-Gon makes an appearance in it!

Coz, he's a Solo.

Leia was an Organa. Doesn't stop them being part of the Skywalker bloodline.

The fact he is so powerful in the force stems from his Skywalker heritage. Plus he has no real love for his parents after how his childhood was.

Don't let the fact their animated turn you off. The Clone Wars is seriously some of the best Star Wars content. First season is little rough. But it just keeps getting better and better.

I saw some of it, my son really like them, it was just hard for me to make them connect to the live action stuff I enjoyed more. I know they fit into the Star Was universe, but again, for me, mixing the animated world with the one on film didn't work. Despite the linear story lines, it just felt different and disconnected.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back