Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Looks like more rediculous "Mary sue" tripe. Rey....the god like warior saves the day.....Pass....Star Wars is ruined and dead. Thanks TLJ...
Poor Billy Dee...cane,trouble making complete coherent sentences...Dragged out for celebration. Loved the original character but he's far past it.

I noticed that as well, poor thing... I got a little choked up watching him.

I really praise Kelly Marie Tran, no actor should be criticized the way that poor kid has.. the audience stood and chanted her name. I thought it was awesome

Does anyone know if hamill is at celebration signing autographs at least?! I was amazed he wasn’t there today

Ok what I miss?! Has this turned into a complaining ep8 thread yet? I can always drive around the block

Nah man. It's already moved on to complaining about episode 9. Forget just driving around the block. Take it cross country until this flick drops into theaters in December.

Someone mentioned that Hamill is not in attendance.

NO JEDI HAS EVER FLIPPED!!!!!

Whoa whoa whoa! We Jedi been flipp’n since 1983!!!
IMG_9004.gif

Some really weird things have happened in Star Wars recently. In Rebels they bridged time and space going into the World Between Worlds. And in the Vader comic. A "door" is opened into the some realm of the Force. And the Sith Lord Momin brings reunites with his body. And later Vader goes in and sees Padmé.

I was a huge canon fan too joker. But 85% of the people that sit down in the theater don’t follow everything off screen, and only “hear” things

I welcome some of the new changes to Star Wars but the general audience - doesn’t and will not allow it, or just doesn’t care to know

So.... in the forest scene right before the transition to the helmet repair... is that another Knight of Ren being body slammed by Kyo?

I thought it was a knight at first but looks like a poor villager with a cheap wooden axe

:(

Only possibility I see of a knight of Ren is the tinkerer fixing the kylo helmet..

Or it could be a really dirty Jawa

Nah man. It's already moved on to complaining about episode 9. Forget just driving around the block. Take it cross country until this flick drops into theaters in December.

Someone mentioned that Hamill is not in attendance.

Thanks, I found it weird he wasn’t on the panel. I know he’s been pretty vocal about what he thinks of TLJ the last month or so. I didn’t know if he was there signing and got punished and wasn’t asked to be on stage..

#notmyluke

I was a huge canon fan too joker. But 85% of the people that sit down in the theater don’t follow everything off screen, and only “hear” things

I welcome some of the new changes to Star Wars but the general audience - doesn’t and will not allow it, or just doesn’t care to know

I know what your talking about. But after they put Maul in Solo. I feel like nothing is off the table. It was funny most of the people at my theater where very confused. But you knew which ones had seen TCW and Rebels by the stupid grin they got on their face.:lol:

Speaking on continuity.. I wish they could keep some with the props.. especially the sacred Skywalker graflex...

TFA adds the shaved brass eye
TLJ adds all kinds of hell to them
TRoS puts the factory knurled glass eye back

Please help me, please....

I know what your talking about. But after they put Maul in Solo. I feel like nothing is off the table. It was funny most of the people at my theater where very confused. But you knew which ones had seen TCW and Rebels by the stupid grin they got on their face.:lol:

Dude I screamed like a little girl when I saw maul. (I’m a HUGE maul fan) and I didn’t think they would ever cross anything over like that

I had about 6 people come up to me when we left the theater because I was talking to my ex girlfriends sister (haven’t seen her in 11 years and we randomly got into the same theater) about maul

She knew I had alittle back ground in Star Wars so she was asking me how he’s alive

When I began telling the story others walked over to listen

Adults with their little kids, I felt like c3po telling the story to the Ewoks

...I even mentioned that while explaining mauls canon history lol

Speaking on continuity.. I wish they could keep some with the props.. especially the sacred Skywalker graflex...

TFA adds the shaved brass eye
TLJ adds all kinds of hell to them
TRoS puts the factory knurled glass eye back

Please help me, please....

I knew the moment I saw the new saber, it was gonna drive you up the wall trying to replicate it. Just wait until the 4k Blu-ray drops in March, you'll be able to ID the two other hero variants that make an appearance, and the three types of stunt sabers. ;P

I feel for you man. I gave upb years ago, bought a discount battle saber graflex and called it a day. LoL

I knew the moment I saw the new saber, it was gonna drive you up the wall trying to replicate it. Just wait until the 4k Blu-ray drops in March, you'll be able to ID the two other hero variants that make an appearance, and the three types of stunt sabers. ;P

I feel for you man. I gave upb years ago, bought a discount battle saber graflex and called it a day. LoL

Lol!! You know me all too well... these damn changes kill me...

It’s a shame these threads turn into flame wars. I don’t think the problem is loving or hating the film and expressing that. I watch it erupt when presented as. “I like good films and quality and I don’t like it etc etc” implying that if you like a film you lack taste. The opposite holds as well. “I love it and if you don’t you have no taste etc etc.

The reality is that it is all opinion and doesn’t matter a bit in the larger universe of life. Perhaps a slight tweak of opinion presentation would soften the flame wars. Just my 2 imperial credits.

It’s a shame these threads turn into flame wars. I don’t think the problem is loving or hating the film and expressing that. I watch it erupt when presented as. “I like good films and quality and I don’t like it etc etc” implying that if you like a film you lack taste. The opposite holds as well. “I love it and if you don’t you have no taste etc etc.

The reality is that it is all opinion and doesn’t matter a bit in the larger universe of life. Perhaps a slight tweak of opinion presentation would soften the flame wars. Just my 2 imperial credits.

I think it’s fine to not like something, or really like something

I don’t judge anyone for their likes. From food to movies to politics. If your a good person your more then welcome to be my friend

I just get tired of seeing everyone argue over and over about the same issues

There will always be pros and cons. And that’s a great part of life, we are all different with different tastes. If we were all the same where’s the fun in that

But the negativity of fighting, I don’t like that

One should be able to like something with out being thought of differently. And this goes further the movie taste

My good friend loves TLJ, I hate it. We both like solo, in the end life is amazing. Just get a long with everyone

Now why hasn’t this thread turn into a burn TLJ thread?!?! Juuuuuuuust kidding ;)

I'm all for debate and I'm friends with people who disagree with me on lots of subjects, not just Star Wars.

What I cannot tolerate is when people resort to name calling when someone doesn't agree with them. Feel how you want. Love what you want. Just don't be rude about it. I don't think that's too much to ask.

On the positive side of the trailer, I love the new costumes. The tracking shot of the TIE fighter was really unique and visually very cool. It was cool seeing Lando in the pilot's chair again. I'm just not excited about any of it that's all.

After watching the trailer a few times, my only real nit to pick is that I was hoping Rey would actually build her own saber instead of just repair Luke's. Not a big thing... but still. But then again, we have no idea when any of these scenes happen in the movie. So there's still hope she starts out with that one and then sometime during the film "completes" her training by building her own.

I'd be disappointed if she turns out to be a Skywalker by blood. Don't think it would ruin the film for me. I'd just feel it would be a lazy choice. I do, however, think it would be kind of cool and fitting if she chose to take on the Skywalker name. She's just been "Rey." She doesn't know who her family is. The films have been subtly hinting at the notion that she needs to find her own destiny and her own family. So I could imagine her taking the Skywalker name to honor Luke and Leia.

After watching the trailer a few times, my only real nit to pick is that I was hoping Rey would actually build her own saber instead of just repair Luke's. Not a big thing... but still. But then again, we have no idea when any of these scenes happen in the movie. So there's still hope she starts out with that one and then sometime during the film "completes" her training by building her own.

I'd be disappointed if she turns out to be a Skywalker by blood. Don't think it would ruin the film for me. I'd just feel it would be a lazy choice. I do, however, think it would be kind of cool and fitting if she chose to take on the Skywalker name. She's just been "Rey." She doesn't know who her family is. The films have been subtly hinting at the notion that she needs to find her own destiny and her own family. So I could imagine her taking the Skywalker name to honor Luke and Leia.

During the live stream, Stephen Colbert asked Daisy if Rey makes her own saber. She danced around the question a bit before finally saying the Skywalker saber was fixed. So I wouldn't discount the chance of her making one.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back