Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

So.... in the forest scene right before the transition to the helmet repair... is that another Knight of Ren being body slammed by Kyo?

Apparently, in the Star Wars universe, if you fall into a bottomless shaft you don't die. Be it Darth Maul, Luke's lightsaber, or Palps, you get to return in some crazy "How aren't you dead?" kind of way.
It was good to see the trailer. Still don't know if I'm gonna go see this movie.... but it was good to see the trailer.

72DD0EF0-A71B-49D4-9BA6-AC87ED5A6155.jpeg

So you don't expect any continuity in a series?

Or is it perhaps that they have to constantly refer to the iconography of the first three films because they can't come up with their own ideas?

Last edited:
So you don't expect any continuity in a series?

And do you expect a flying hamburger ship to reach light speed? Its more credible to see a chunk of that space station in that scene than to accept the ridiculous premise of a light speed hamburger. Please. Your "critiques" seem to reach the realm of the absurd. Its a FICTION/FANTASY film but you just seem to conveniently grasp the "reality", "continuity" and "logic" argument if it sustains your senseless critique.

It's not a hamburger. It's a space ship. Your inane defense of bad films borders on irritating because you're so condescending towards me and others about it. Love them for all I care but don't be dick to me because I don't agree with you.

It's not a hamburger. It's a space ship. Your inane defense of bad films borders on irritating because you're so condescending towards me and others about it. Love them for all I care but don't be dick to me because I don't agree with you.

he's just calling out that tropes accepted in all other media are apparently null-and-void to so many of you people in star wars; for no friggin reason.

You say stuff like "when someone gets thrown down a shaft, they're supposed to die". well, guess what, in fictional stories, the baddies often come back from certain death. it's a common and accepted form of villainy. lol. and then, on top of that, all the people we've seen in star wars get chucked down giant holes, or from insane heights, while even sometimes missing parts of their bodies, that have managed to survive (including Luke), have been god damned precognitive, super powered, laser sword wielding, SPACE WIZARDS! If we can expect anyone to survive that, it'd be them. And now you act like even the merest possibility that the greatest, smartest, and most powerful of all precognitive super powered laser sword wielding SPACE WIZARDS might have survived something similar, is a complete break from cannon. You act like the characters they've been chucking down pits, and off of roof tops were the janitors and AC Repairmen of the star wars universe (and you know what, they'd survive it too, because in Star Wars, there is no OSHA; so to survive for any amount of time in the maintenance and repair department, you've gotta be a bad mother ******).

The only thing disregarding continuity and logic is your complaining.

It's absolutely insufferable to watch the ultra nerds act like they own the damn series, and cry foul over everything.
Do something new in star wars? "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WAS!"
Do something old in star wars? " WTF I've already SEEN THAT!"
"We want Obi-wan!!" *gives them Obiwan* "Are you insane?! Don't Do Obiwan!"
or the ever present and wonderful "precognitive, super powered, laser sword wielding, space wizards couldn't possibly do THAT!" nestled right alongside it's constant companion of "precognitive, super powered, laser sword wielding, space wizards would NEVER be stopped by that, they'd simply do THIS".

Last edited:
It seems you are just frustrated by the simple fact that you have no logical argument to sustain what is just a horribly biased and poorly cemented "opinion". Rude? Nope. You call for logic in a non logical fictional story...that my friend is reaching....badly. Its easier to classify it as condescending since there is no other way you could defend your "logic". I heard your "opinion", I put forward mine and you seem to have some trouble with it. Nothing I can do about it.

I'm mostly indifferent towards the trailer. I take issue with you constantly calling fellow fans "man babies" and telling them they aren't fans because they don't see eye to eye with you. That's what's condescending. Not your love of the movies.

he's just calling out that tropes accepted in all other media are apparently null-and-void to so many of you people in star wars; for no friggin reason.

You say stuff like "when someone gets thrown down a shaft, they're supposed to die". well, guess what, in fictional stories, the baddies often come back from certain death. it's a common and accepted form of villainy. lol. and then, on top of that, all the people we've seen in star wars get chucked down giant holes, or from insane heights, while even sometimes missing parts of their bodies, that have managed to survive (including Luke), have been god damned precognitive, super powered, laser sword wielding, SPACE WIZARDS! If we can expect anyone to survive that, it'd be them. And now you act like even the merest possibility that the greatest, smartest, and most powerful of all precognitive super powered laser sword wielding SPACE WIZARDS might have survived something similar, is a complete break from cannon. You act like the characters they've been chucking down pits, and off of roof tops were the janitors and AC Repairmen of the star wars universe (and you know what, they'd survive it too, because in Star Wars, there is no OSHA; so to survive for any amount of time in the maintenance and repair department, you've gotta be a bad mother ******).

The only thing disregarding continuity and logic is your complaining.

It's absolutely insufferable to watch the ultra nerds act like they own the damn series, and cry foul over everything.
Do something new in star wars? "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WAS!"
Do something old in star wars? " WTF I've already SEEN THAT!"
"We want Obi-wan!!" *gives them Obiwan* "Are you insane?! Don't Do Obiwan!"
or the ever present and wonderful "precognitive, super powered, laser sword wielding, space wizards couldn't possibly do THAT!" nestled right alongside it's constant companion of "precognitive, super powered, laser sword wielding, space wizards would NEVER be stopped by that, they'd simply do THIS".

Good points. Also these people just accept the fact these characters, in this fairy tale, handle "laser swords" of such incredible power that to be fair would burn their own bodies to a crisp, vaporizing them just by turning the gadgets on!! LOL! But somehow these same people think illogical to find a huge debris from a destroyed space station on the surface of a fairy tale fictional world. Aint that something?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back