Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Alright they have my interest again...

Also

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 12.18.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 12.18.15 PM.png
    482.4 KB · Views: 99
Makes me wonder if they're going to go back to the original trilogy story ideas and have Luke return from the "force netherworld" like originally was proposed for Obi Wan..

LANDO - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say the scene with Rey running looks as if it was taken straight from an anime or a Hong Kong fantasy movie.

So they're pretty much mining the Force Awakens art concepts for ideas. That's the Death Star dish the group is looking at from the grassy plain.

They often look back at stuff that didn't make it in previous films. And see if they can use them in the current film. George recycled names, and ideas all the time.

Palpatine, really? They're going to pull that BS out of their buttholes. Doesn't any bad guy really die in movies anymore! Come up with something new. And stop making everything look like a video game.

This will be another crazy trailer thread to read.... It's impossible to make Star Wars fans as a whole, happy.

Luckily for me, I stopped putting energy into whining about movies right around turning 30...

This looks good... so I'm happy. If I see it and it sucks, I'll just go "ah well... not for me" and then watch another movie.

They're just filmed stories with people pretending . If it's an assault on your life when the story and acting or visuals suck, then just walk and find something else... Read a book!

So TLJ sucked... So Solo sucks... So Rogue One sucks... don't watch them again. Watch something else. Maybe the next story is better. Maybe it's not.

If it makes your life happier, great. Watch it twice.

If you hate it. Don't watch it again. Don't let it eat you up inside.

I can't believe there are people who won't watch a movie because they're mad about a different one.

OK. There were some nice touches and a few surprises in there. I liked seeing Lando and the Falcon (with dish) back together. And that OTHER dish in the water. Plus the laugh.
On the negatives that terrible yellow slug creature that looked like it escaped from a bad saturday morning cartoon was shown to be a real thing in a panel photograph. And I'm not keen on the little rat wheeled robot side kick.
I can live in hope. Its a small hope, marginally creeping up to maybe it will be alright. But its there.

Just because we have a laugh in the trailer doesn't mean much. Could be flash back, or a Holocron or something

Well apart from the fact that Ian turned up on the stage?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back