Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

The back and forth, back and forth, blah, blah, it's good, it sucks, it reminds me of this commercial from the 80's. Geez, so glad I clicked on this thread. Meet in the middle, find the common ground and move on, this isn't Episode 8 anymore!

QCth.gif

Because no one on here responds to your posts trying to get you to hate it. We get that you like it, fine. Ok. Good for you. But the fact that everyone who posts a grievance about the film has to immediately hear from you is exhausting.

But the ones who liked the film even with its flaws just should tolerate, shut up and roll over when some of these toxic fans find the most absurd things to whine about? You think that is not exhausting either? Is it fine to post about grievances, but its not fine to post any arguments in favor of said film....is that how it goes then? That attitude is exactly why is these toxic "fans" (yes I used the " sorry if you have a problem with it) are the ones who are slowly killing the franchise. I agree about keeping it about episode 9 but this should be followed by everyone, not just to the ones who have a nice thing to say about episode 8. Lets stop this hypocrisy, okay? Please. You are NOT been fair.

This is the last thing about this nonsense I will add here, unless its not about Episode 9 I will not post anything. I urge EVERYONE to do the same....thats EVERYONE, even the ones who hated TLJ. Lets be fair....but for real.

But the ones who liked the film even with its flaws just should tolerate, shut up and roll over when some of these toxic fans find the most absurd things to whine about? You think that is not exhausting either? Is it fine to post about grievances, but its not fine to post any arguments in favor of said film....is that how it goes then? That attitude is exactly why is these toxic "fans" (yes I used the " sorry if you have a problem with it) are the ones who are slowly killing the franchise. I agree about keeping it about episode 9 but this should be followed by everyone, not just to the ones who have a nice thing to say about episode 8. Lets stop this hypocrisy, okay? Please. You are NOT been fair.

This is the last thing about this nonsense I will add here, unless its not about Episode 9 I will not post anything. I urge EVERYONE to do the same....thats EVERYONE, even the ones who hated TLJ. Lets be fair....but for real.

The fact that we've discussed this film's pros and cons must be completely lost on you. None of us are changing our minds at this point. The people who dislike it a year later will continue to dislike it, and the people who enjoyed it will probably continue to enjoy it.

I'm not looking to debate anybody on the merits of certain parts of the movie, or the movie as a whole, as we've all spent the last year trying to do so with little to no movement. I don't sit and try and sway people because I understand they enjoy it. If I have legitimate grievances (and I believe they are) then I will voice them when putting my ideas of Ep9 into context. If you have dissimilar opinions that's fine. Go ahead and post them, but don't waste your time trying to refute my opinions with ones of your own. The fact that you are willing to blame this on "toxic fandom" just shows your complete bias to the whole situation.

If you'd notice I've replied to a handful of people here who view the film in a different light than myself, but in those exchanges where we agree on things I do my part in finding agreeable territory. It has become abundantly clear that certain individuals have no motivation to be the slightest bit agreeable, and I do take offense to that.

Thanks for your input. I'll log that away.

Lucasfilm is likely waiting for things to cool down and give the fans some much needed distance. I suspect they will be releasing an Ep. 9 teaser trailer during the upcoming Celebration- whenever that is. Then there will be more trailers as fall hits and they will build momentum until the release in December. That seems to be the way they tend to peter these things out.

Lucasfilm is likely waiting for things to cool down and give the fans some much needed distance. I suspect they will be releasing an Ep. 9 teaser trailer during the upcoming Celebration- whenever that is. Then there will be more trailers as fall hits and they will build momentum until the release in December. That seems to be the way they tend to peter these things out.
Yeah. I believe SWC starts April 11th. I'm going to try and make the Ep9 panel. I was in the room for the 8 teaser. I was pretty high on that trailer when I saw it.

Last edited:
Guys, we didn't like it. We need to stop being "toxic" by pointing out the actual reasons why we don't like it, kowtow to those who do like it, but can't explain why, other than the fact that they slapped a Star Wars label on it. Our "toxicity" is invading the safe spaces of Episode VIII lovers, so I think we need to be more tolerant and quit triggering the snowflakes (I mean, unique and special individuals who don't do well with negativity) with our violent micro-aggressions.

I'm so done with this thread.

I mean there is no other date marker that I can think of that would be significant other than May the 4th, though they haven't released any spoiler info for any of their movies on that date at least to my recollection.

I would suspect that the title will be leaked fairly soon though to get the buzz going.

I know some people might be joking, but I would LOVE if this trilogy ends on the note that Rey and Kylo are the new "evil" in the universe. I know it'll never happen though.

On another note... I realized something today. Something that is a sign that I don't have high expectations for this film and really have very litter (yes even though I'm talking about it) in seeing it. What's that? I'm reading spoiler info on it. I never did that with the first two. I really don't care if I'm spoiled on this one because honestly, I'm expecting a stinker. I hope I'm wrong.

When the prequels were coming out I read everything only because I was so excited to know what happened. By the time TFA and TLJ came around I didn't read anything and only watched the trailers so I could be totally surprised. I've since started reading spoilers for 9 which means I too don't have very high hopes for the movie. Plus I figure I could save a few bucks and read about it for free on the internet than give them my money. I think at this point it's more like a train wreck I can't turn away from. lol

It would be good to keep all the discussion about "The Last Jedi" in its thread. There are literally hundreds of pages covering it and its completely done as a topic.

Whilst there is so little to discuss that has been leaked about the last in the new trilogy , I know its going to be difficult to stop mentioning TLJ to fill the vacuum , but can we all make the effort?

And it would help us all ,if, at the very least, they could give us the title around the spring time ,so we could speculate on and engage in just a little topical debate, but we are still eleven months away from a release date. The "Avengers: Endgame" title was released December, about five months from , so I guess we may expect the same?

One of the best things about coming to this forum was the build up to any of the new Star wars films was all the hints and tips and potential spoilers about the story. There is virtually none of that going on at the moment. Damn it, I even miss the Wook and Bryancd for all they brought to the table. At the moment we mostly seem to fighting over the last dinners scraps.

Infact its the noticeable lack of interest in this thread and all the lingering bitterness with the series that should really be worrying Disney and Lucasfilm currently.

I really think and feel they have withdrawn too far now from any engagement with the fanbase. I can completely understand it, given the vast split that has developed, but somebody has got to build some bridges ,even if not everybody will want to cross them.

For those that have an interest in such things there is this annual summary about the 2018 Box Office performance A Look Back at 2018's Record Year at the Domestic Box Office - Box Office Mojo which is an absolutely great guide to what did do well.

Of all the visits that I made at the cinema in 2018 (which seem to get less every year) seven out of ten of them were movies that came from DIsney. So they can get alot of things right.

I hope in 2019 Star Wars is one of them.

Spark of Hope is apparently a highly speculated one, cuz "the last jedi" was a phrase in TFA's title crawl, but I personally doubt that this would make a tradition to get the title from the previous movie's title crawl.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back