Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Luke didnt have the gray beard and hair in the flashback though... and a slightly different costume i think. That's definitely Luke's look after Rey left.

Colour corrected & Lightened,...does R2 look a little bit undersized?

star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-10%2520(1).jpg

J

Luke is back, no surprise there. Striking a similar pose to one seen in Vanity Fair's TLJ write up. What he is up to though is a mystery to me. But what surprised me is that Luke is in the flesh. Not Force ghosty looking, though it could be that they decided not to add that effect for the photo.

This is a magazine photo shoot. The images do not represent scenes in the movies nor are they stills. For example, go back and look at The Phantom Menace issue, they had a great shot of Obi and maul in mid air engaged in a lightsaber battle on Tattoonie which never happened.

Basically I think Annie just visited sets over the course of production and took photos utilizing whatever actors were in costume on said set.

This is a magazine photo shoot. The images do not represent scenes in the movies nor are they stills. For example, go back and look at The Phantom Menace issue, they had a great shot of Obi and maul in mid air engaged in a lightsaber battle on Tattoonie which never happened.

Basically I think Annie just visited sets over the course of production and took photos utilizing whatever actors were in costume on said set.

Oh, undoubtedly. I don't even think it's from The Rise of Skywalker. Seems kinda odd to spoil Luke's return, and how he'll look.

Yea had the same thought, there’s even some greenish tint/bleed in Luke’s hair.

Remember that image was lightened & colour corrected by me,....I isolated Luke & R2, the background was untouched......any greenish tint around Luke's hair is where it blends back into the original background

Luke's beard is greyer than the TLJ image

J

I wonder how long after this film takes place after TLJ? Everyone pretty much looks exactly the same.

What was cool about the OT is you really saw change through the characters.

I know TFA and TLJ are mere moments apart, but ROS looks like not much has changed at all. I don't sense much growth, but I guess we'll see....

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back