Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
And to those complaining about Rian’s fan engagement on social media addressing their questions, he’s not being forced to do that. He’s trying to have an honest conversation about aspects of the film and why he made the choices he did. I’m not sure how this can be construed as anything but laudable and a clear indication of his own dedication to Star Wars.

^^^exactly! That was another leg to my "confirmation bias" post. Rian answering Twitter questions is immediately seized on as "damage control" or whatever. Nonsense, a director is interacting with the fan base.

Absent something like a leaked memo ordering Johnson to explain the plot to people who didn't get it, we're all just speculating.

P.s. Also worth mentioning that a not-insignificant amount of modern day feminists weren't so amused by the resurfacing of that 70's slogan, and in response, shirts bearing "the future is gender neutral" and "the future is genderless" have now been spawned. Disney is not ever going to be the spearhead of an activist movement.

Last edited:
Yes, I was mostly referring to this sub forum where Kerstin Jones seems to beth only woman participating. There are mire in the Costuming forum but even there women are woefully under represented and I think hostile male attitudes contribute to to that.

Or maybe female fans have better things to do with their lives.:D

I'm not a prolific poster. I generally only weigh in when I feel like I have a good comment or point to make. I sometimes feel like I'm here on the web too much. Star Wars is great, but there is life out there.

And to those complaining about Rian’s fan engagement on social media addressing their questions, he’s not being forced to do that. He’s trying to have an honest conversation about aspects of the film and why he made the choices he did. I’m not sure how this can be construed as anything but laudable and a clear indication of his own dedication to Star Wars.
There's also every fan/geek site that spins any interview quip (from another site, generally) as "Rian Johnson explains.... this/that/other thing." Which in turns creates the craziness that Rian has to explain it to make sense of it. Similarly, we have the director of The BFG explaining what gobblefunk is... neither explanation is necessary to watch the movies.

Rian's always been very interactive, from his personal website to Twitter. Star Wars didn't change that - it just made it that much more apparent and visible to a new audience.

Clearly the RPF Entertainment forum has been infiltrated by Disney shills.

MODS ITS TIME TO ACT!

simpson_end_near.jpg

I’m not sure how this can be construed as anything but laudable and a clear indication of his own dedication to Star Wars.

Yet clearly it has been construed by some as damage control. Surely, you must understand that different people have different opinions.

It's easy to summize that If TLJ had been a more coherent, logical progression of the saga, he wouldn't need to explain his 'choices', just sit back and lap up all the praise.

This is is not a regular occurrence in the film industry. Good story telling and relevant exposition happen within the movie. Not on social media after the event.

His supposed 'dedication' to Star Wars is well documented in a recent film that opened a chasm between opinions.

Yet clearly it has been construed by some as damage control. Surely, you must understand that different people have different opinions.

It's easy to summize that If TLJ had been a more coherent, logical progression of the saga, he wouldn't need to explain his 'choices', just sit back and lap up all the praise.

This is is not a regular occurrence in the film industry. Good story telling and relevant exposition happen within the movie. Not on social media after the event.

His supposed 'dedication' to Star Wars is well documented in a recent film that opened a chasm between opinions.

Sure, but a sober analysis of his engagement if the fan community as compared to say JJ who chose not to delve into any of the questions raised by TFA is certainly more indicative of an honest desire to share his thoughts as opposed to any senses of damage control. As per the interview I linked above:

““There’s nothing I’ve read or seen that’s made me think, ‘Oh god, I did kind of mess that up, I would’ve done that differently if I could go back. I still genuinely believe in all the decisions I’ve made.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Bryan, but no director worth their salt is going to admit to screwing something up as bad as he has this soon. George Lucas just admitted that maybe..maybe he went a little off the rails with TPM.

If we shift to sports, Pete Carroll still says they made the right call on 4th and goal, it was just bad execution.

-OWK

Saying Rian is doing damage control indicates that he is attempting to limit damaging effects. It's not a matter of opinion - until it's proven otherwise, it's just Johnson engaging the audience - something that is well documented that he's done from well before he was even considered for doing a Star Wars film. Suggesting that he's doing damage control also suggests he was doing so for everything he's done prior to Star Wars... and that's simply nonsense.

It's worth noting that his Twitter feed is not tweet after tweet about Star Wars, those posts aren't the norm. There are plenty of click bait articles out there that are spinning quotes from interviews (usually from other sources) claiming "Rian Johnson Explains..."

Compare the respounce to Bladerunner: 2049 from both critics and fans of the original. Warm, appreciative, thankful it didn't destroy the mythology of the first film and infact built on it, awesome VFX that matched and enhanced the story telling.
Then compare the respounce to "The Last Jedi". Its comes over as somewhat negative of Rian to say he wouldn't change a thing. Even JJ admitted he would have preffered to do a couple of things differently.

its pretty clear there was an anti male and female bias in this movie, the articles and pictures are clear and convincing evidence to me after seeing the movie, everyone can have their own opinion, thats mine. The fans have spoken, they dont like the film. theres always people who disagree some have a SJW agenda too. This women led farce this movie is needs to be rebooted/redited, i doubt that is going to happen, I would also add if the entire production team had been male I would have the same complaints, the gender of those in charge is the most logical explanation for the problems. Its like if a group if Chinese writers and producers made a racist anti japanese movie, you could say it was their ethnic bias or they just made a crappy movie, the movie is still crap

Last edited:
Sure, but a sober analysis of his engagement if the fan community as compared to say JJ who chose not to delve into any of the questions raised by TFA is certainly more indicative of an honest desire to share his thoughts as opposed to any senses of damage control. As per the interview I linked above:

““There’s nothing I’ve read or seen that’s made me think, ‘Oh god, I did kind of mess that up, I would’ve done that differently if I could go back. I still genuinely believe in all the decisions I’ve made.”

Sounds like he's either selling cars or he arrogantly thinks he made a flawless movie.

Neither is respectable.

It's funny how the same people that complain about supposed "SJW" values and "agenda" driven films are also the ones who whine the loudest about a supposed "bias" against men.

I guess to them, people are only SJWs (who even uses that term anymore?) if its a cause they don't agree with. When they go off whining and crusading for their own causes, then its ok

I guess to them, people are only SJWs (who even uses that term anymore?) if its a cause they don't agree with. When they go off whining and crusading for their own causes, then its ok

Bottom line for me is that I just don't think an objective reading of the film backs the assertion.

Does Poe get handled brusquely by Holdo? Yes. But then we have Holdo telling Leia how she actually likes him and think's he'll be a valuable member of the Resistance in the future. Yes, Leia demotes Poe, but the end of the film is basically her passing the torch to him ("what are you looking at me for? Follow him").

Also, the story group started out as four women...who are so biased against men that they grew the story group by hiring seven men?

Yeah, anti-male bias all the way. :facepalm

Y'all better be prepared !

In a few years there will be so many star wars movies you will need to keep notes on which ones to complain about !

On that day there won't be enough tin foil on earth to keep the Disney monster at bay !

Disney will become a tax we have to pay every year !

It will be put into our food water and toiletries !!!

All children will have to be named after Disney characters which of course are trademarked and you will be charged according to the characters popularity at any given time !!!

I've seen it people !

Nosterdomous, the Myans they all knew !

its pretty clear there was an anti male and female bias in this movie, the articles and pictures are clear and convincing evidence to me after seeing the movie, everyone can have their own opinion, thats mine. The fans have spoken, they dont like the film. theres always people who disagree some have a SJW agenda too. This women led farce this movie is needs to be rebooted/redited, i doubt that is going to happen, I would also add if the entire production team had been male I would have the same complaints, the gender of those in charge is the most logical explanation for the problems. Its like if a group if Chinese writers and producers made a racist anti japanese movie, you could say it was their ethnic bias or they just made a crappy movie, the movie is still crap
Take it to a red pill/MRA forum, dude.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Take it to a red pill/MRA forum, dude.

Is there some reason you aren't telling jlee562 to take it to a FRA forum? He does constantly preach bell hooks (feminist writer), even though he does not practice it. I've even been accused of "mansplaining" by him...twice.

Fair is fair.

Is there some reason you aren't telling @jlee562 to take it to a FRA forum? He does constantly preach bell hooks (feminist writer), even though he does not practice it. I've even been accused of "mansplaining" by him...twice.

Fair is fair.
Sorry, tapatalk problems. That was meant for DarkKnight.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back