Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Has there always been a light right beside the landing ramp?

Well since ESB anyway

lights_zps3903f6e7.png

J

In other news, Oscar Issac says of the leaked details and rumors, “I don’t think these little leaks necessarily ruined watching the trailer. And also, the [plot theories] that get formulated based on these things — they couldn’t be more far off-base.”

Not sure which specific theories and rumors he's seen to be saying that about, but it reminds me not to put too much credence in all the speculation thus far...

Source: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/29/star-wars-cgi/

--Jonah

Have seen a few misconceptions around the Iger image- I personally (as a professional VFX artist) believe that that is a real set and ILM's involvment in this particular image was 'merely' compositing the Iger photo (shot in NY) with the on set shot (and possibly tweaking the backdrop). The image description even reads "[Iger, shot in NY]...with Millennium Falcon in Pinewoods Studio, Buckinghamshire, England,"

The article talks up the 'secretive' ILM magic but all the 'wireframe skeleton + layered textured render' talk refers to the cover image.

Maybe Han found the tantative IV in an old mothballed star destroyer, and salvaged the dish so the falcon could have something of Liea's in it too.

The Corvette and YT-1300 are both manufactured by Corellian Engineering Corp so maybe the parts are plug and play. ;)

Here, here!

Anyway, I knew the dish looked similar but didn't realize it was practically identical. How does the scale work out? I imagine the corvette's dish would be somewhat larger?

Here, here!

Anyway, I knew the dish looked similar but didn't realize it was practically identical. How does the scale work out? I imagine the corvette's dish would be somewhat larger?

i defend GL's creative choices, but that particular one seems very confused. How many Blockade runners does Bail have?! I think the dish would be the same size if you compare the corvette to the Falcon.

i defend GL's creative choices, but that particular one seems very confused. How many Blockade runners does Bail have?! I think the dish would be the same size if you compare the corvette to the Falcon.

When the blockade runner model was originally made to be the MF, yes. But it was subsequently rescaled when it became the blockade runner, so no, the blockade runner dish would be WAY bigger than the one on the Falcon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back