Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I remember being blown away by Avatar when I saw it on a regular digital screen.

Then I saw it 2 days later on (what I thought was IMAX) and it looked horrible. This all makes sense now
Again, the whole LIEMAX/IMAX thing is pretty confusing - there is often conflicting and outdated information or info that just doesn't feel right.

One site says LIEMAX is 2K... another says LIEMAX uses two 2K projectors.

"The 70mm projector has been replaced with two Christie 2K projectors which use proprietary image processing. The two 2k images are projected over each other. The resolution is estimated to be about 12,000 × 8,700 theoretical pixels or 6,120 × 4,500 actually discernible pixels. The resulting image is said to be brighter than the standard 2K digital cinema projectors in most cinemas. While IMAX believe their IMAX Digital system offers a sub-pixel accuracy that looks better than Sony’s 4K projectors, there are a lot of vocal critics. " Slashdot

The previously linked to JohnCanfield site claims: "LieMAX still uses 2K Christie-brand digital projectors. Even most “regular” movie theaters that have gone digital possess 4k."

The LF Examiner keeps a list of IMAX theaters with info on them here.

I apologize for the bulky info, this has been a pet peeve of mine and a friend for a while. Personally, I think LIEMAX tends to be an upgrade over a standard theater - but, for the most part, that cost doesn't warrant the upgrade - especially as most films are simply converted for IMAX (plus, the one closest to me is AMC - and I'm not a fan of AMC). For my first time seeing TFA, I want to see it in what should be the best circumstances possible... and hopefully LIEMAX is it.

It's a goof. :) With Jar Jar..See, I can help you avoid spoilers too. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D2i7i1FvZ2s&feature=youtu.be

I figured it was, but it was on a reputable user (SW Edit Droid) and I didn't want to click it to find out if it was just a joke.

I've read a TON of spoilers in the last few months, but I stopped a few weeks ago. While I know more or less how the story is going to go, now I want to be surprised by the 'how' and 'why' details, and not have all the best visual effect shots spoiled, taking away from the first-viewing experience.

I figured it was, but it was on a reputable user (SW Edit Droid) and I didn't want to click it to find out if it was just a joke.

I've read a TON of spoilers in the last few months, but I stopped a few weeks ago. While I know more or less how the story is going to go, now I want to be surprised by the 'how' and 'why' details, and not have all the best visual effect shots spoiled, taking away from the first-viewing experience.

Yeah, at this point the spoiler world is pretty much run its course. No script ever leaked and most major character elements have remained hidden. Knowing how the story unfolds chronologically is interesting but really doesn't ruin anything as so much of the visual experience has not been glimpsed in the trailers.

Ok. I can admit it. I will need a good handkerchief when I first view this movie. Star Wars (in 1977 I was 11) was the first movie to really take me away out of my current environment. I find myself VERY emotional watching the trailers (new JW Star Wars music!) So to be almost 50 and taken back to that feeling again will be very emotional for me!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

No spoilers in this picture, just all the creatures from Maz's cantina and some droids and Chewie in the creature shop.

Attachments

• CV5oVEJXIAAqWAW.jpg-large.jpg
    CV5oVEJXIAAqWAW.jpg-large.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 152
I still find it interesting that besides Chewie, Ackbar and a Sullustan, we've not seen any other familiar aliens. No Twi-leks, no Rodians or any others from the OT and PT. I wonder if that is an effort to make the galaxy seem bigger?

EDIT: I do spy one on the floor that looks kinda like a Geonosian?

...I find myself VERY emotional watching the trailers (new JW Star Wars music!) So to be almost 50 and taken back to that feeling again will be very emotional for me!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!
Hearing John Williams' music in the trailers is what does it for me; it still moves me even after all these years. As for being taken back, every once in a while I'll be watching Star Wars (Episode IV, A New Hope, whatever) and I'll momentarily flash back to sitting in the theater in 1977 seeing it for the first time, and it brings back the excitement I felt then.

No spoilers in this picture, just all the creatures from Maz's cantina and some droids and Chewie in the creature shop.

Nice, those all feel very Star Warsy to me. Nice mix of old and new - but the one on the red torso in the front freaks me out a little.

Also, it's interesting to see that the R5 & R6 types are featured so much. The 5's have gotten a bad wrap almost every media since the first movie.

I still find it interesting that besides Chewie, Ackbar and a Sullustan, we've not seen any other familiar aliens. No Twi-leks, no Rodians or any others from the OT and PT. I wonder if that is an effort to make the galaxy seem bigger?

EDIT: I do spy one on the floor that looks kinda like a Geonosian?

It wouldn't be a Star Wars movies if there is no Gungans

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back