Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

While on the toilet this morning dealing with a disturbance in the force, I wondered...does this mean Princess Leia will now be a Disney Princess?

I am actually getting excited about this news. Not so much for the prop community, but for a chance to fall in love with Star Wars again.

I don't care much for the EU stuff either my friend, I'm just saying it might be a possibility.

There is NO better time for new material to be written.

While on the toilet this morning dealing with a disturbance in the force, I wondered...does this mean Princess Leia will now be a Disney Princess?

So have about 30 other people in prior posts. :lol

Honestly, I don't think so. Aren't they only animated characters?

It's exciting to know Star Wars is going to continue. I grew up on th OT, now my son and daughter who will be 8 when 2015 hits can experience what I did.

Reel

Knowing the outcome of a story can make it more rather than less dramatic, if handled correctly. But yeah, it will be nice to have some SW where we don't know what's going to happen.

I just hope they don't "Tron CG style de-age" Hammil, Fisher or Ford..although done as a hologram it could work..just to connect us to the OT a bit.

Knowing the outcome of a story can make it more rather than less dramatic, if handled correctly.
Exactly. Otherwise, all historical dramas and book adaptions would be a waste of time to make into movies. All you need is talented people having the passion of bringing a compelling version of something already known to the big screen. Lucas is an awesome idea man, but the PT showed he needs a little help with making his okay to good ideas into something great.

The few times that lucas had discussed the sequel trilogy he had always Luke filling the "wise old sage" role that Kenobi filled in the OT.

I'm willing to bet most of the original cast from the OT will be willing to reprise their roles, except Ford. In order to get him back they would have to make Han interesting again.
If they can't get him back then Luke really ought to be the only character to return. He could be there by himself and it would be okay, but if you brought the band back together without Han it would be like a Beatles reunion tour without Lennon.

Episode VII implies a continuation in the same time line and characters to some degree. Not sure keeping any of the OT cast is wise but anything has to be better than I II III!

Can you even imagine the expectation and pressure that will be heaped upon the Production Designer?

They'd be lucky to get Ford back. From all I've read, he's not terribly fond of Star Wars - but, money talks and Disney can virtually make anything happen.

I'm ok with Solo being killed off (Ford wanted that anyways)..maybe the back story was he died saving his kids...

This may give a new generation a vendetta..or struggle with revenge vs. the Jedi way.

I can't see the Hutts being overly fond of Leia, Solo and Skywalker after the murder of Jabba.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back