Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I think it will be released officially online by Friday night, it's just that it will be premiered at the theatres before that.

And it's not really about what they gain by giving it to the theatres. They will gain immense publicity regardless of where they unveil it.

But they are making it an event. They are trying to bring back that joy and experience of seeing a Star Wars trailer on the big screen for the first time, rather than on a computer screen. And I am glad they are doing that.

http://www.regmovies.com/Home/promotions/Star-Wars-Trailer-Debut
The listing has been removed. Looks like they are making changes.

"Check back soon for a list of participating Regal Cinemas locations!!! "

Bothans.ashx

No footage, just list of theatres. I wonder if Regal Cinemas made this or it's fan made.

Last edited by a moderator:

True and that's all good, but I want to experience it in my home movie theater room on my projector screen and get the cinema experience. Who said I wanted to see it first on a computer screen? :D

What I would love to see is the quality of people that come to see a movie in theaters. The ones that actually want to watch a movie and not disrupt people.... Hard to come by anymore.

Last edited:

The STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Debuts Friday… But Where | Badass Digest
Yep looks like Regal broke the news little early. Devin mentions that LA was not mentioned in the list and since Disney owns the El Capitan theater, it's likely to play there as well. This was stated earlier in this thread as well.

Still no word on other theatres but I think more participating theatres will be announced by later today.

Last edited:

True and that's all good, but I want to experience it in my home movie theater room on my projector screen and get the cinema experience. Who said I wanted to see it first on a computer screen? :D
Fair enough :). Watching a HD quality trailer on your home theatre is indeed the next best thing to the cinemas. Though the bootleg version will likely make the rounds online before the HD version.

If it was playing at the theatres here, I would have gladly made the trip to the cinemas especially to watch the trailer.

at this point I would watch it on a half-broken portable tv set through a telescope, just so long as I get to see the damned thing.

Also, I really hope it contains more than just a voice over, words flying through space, and half a second of a ship or a hooded figure or something...

AMCTheatres: " We can confirm that a teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will play at select AMCs this Friday! Locations soon! "

Cinemark: "I find your lack of faith disturbing." #TheForceAwakens trailer is coming to select Cinemark theatres. Details soon!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back