Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

thats a shame. the effects and costumes and props are incredible. the bastardisation of the stories aside they're pretty awesome to watch
Oh, I understand why some people like them, I'm just not one of 'em.

When I was in high school, Tolkien's novel The Hobbit had been re-discovered by what seemed to be at least half of the student body--almost everybody was walking around with a copy. I like to read, so I got a copy for myself, and somewhere in the middle of the second chapter I discovered Tolkien is one of the most long-winded, boring authors I've ever had the displeasure of attempting to read; I can't imagine I'd find the movies any more enjoyable.

Oh, I understand why some people like them, I'm just not one of 'em.

When I was in high school, Tolkien's novel The Hobbit had been re-discovered by what seemed to be at least half of the student body--almost everybody was walking around with a copy. I like to read, so I got a copy for myself, and somewhere in the middle of the second chapter I discovered Tolkien is one of the most long-winded, boring authors I've ever had the displeasure of attempting to read; I can't imagine I'd find the movies any more enjoyable.

Sorry to derail this thread even further, but just wanted to say I have the same issue with Tolkien's books yet I love, love, loooooove the LOTR films. The Hobbit, not quite as much, but they're still good.

Sorry to derail this thread even further, but just wanted to say I have the same issue with Tolkien's books yet I love, love, loooooove the LOTR films. The Hobbit, not quite as much, but they're still good.
Out of the Star Wars community has come a batch of amateur film editors, driven by the urge to "de-specialize" the Star Wars DVDs and make the prequels less cringeworthy.
I expect some of those people to come up with a condensed fan-edit of The Hobbit that has the best parts of the books and avoids the long-winded parts and additions made for the movies. That is what I am waiting for.
Personally I have no desire to sit through "The Battle of the Five Armies" this Christmas - the long-winded battle scenes were what bored me the most about the LotR movies... Plus, the movies are only displayed in Headache-Inducing Stereo-Vision With Crosstalk (tm) over here ... :rolleyes

Last edited:

If it were closer to me I would have had every quadcopter I own flying over the place :D

thats a shame. the effects and costumes and props are incredible. the bastardisation of the stories aside they're pretty awesome to watch

Really? I think the effects in the Hobbit look really bad. And the first two movies were about as entertaining as sitting by an old woman's bedside in a nursing home. The idea of going to the theater to see the trailer seems like overkill...it'll be online within hours of it being released onscreen. With the price of movies, I have a hard time seeing something I'm actually INTERESTED in in the theater and not waiting to Redbox it. Someday I'll own E7. No need to blow 20 bucks to see a 60 second trailer of material you'll watch a gazillion times over the next few years. Patience, young padawans...

So the trailer won´t hit the interwebz the same time it will be shown in front of a movie in theaters? Should I have crawled out from under my rock years earlier and noticed that movie trailers are shown in theaters first before being available on the net?!

Last edited:

So here's my preliminary thoughts on this. It's pretty well confirmed that the trailer will play in the previews of The Hobbit. If they are releasing the trailer prior to The Hobbit then I would have to believe they are releasing the trailer on the small screen first, and then the first big screen trailer will be in the previews of The Hobbit. I can't figure out what show or television event they'd be debuting the trailer with though. I'm trying to think BIG, mass appeal, non-cable broadcasts but I'm drawing a blank for the time frame.

They're going to release the Holiday Special, Special Edition, and show the trailer during one of the comercial breaks ;)

They REALLY need to do another holiday special... to hold us off til episode 8...

Same deal, all the younger cast... all awkward... Betty White in place of a Bea Arthur type.

Mark Hammil can sing like he did on the Muppet Show...

Daisy Ridley can have some weird, cheap looking version of whatever lightsaber she has in Episode 7.

IN.

Yeah I doubt the debut will be somewhere people are required to go to and watch. People would, but if they wanna hit the masses quick and get people talking then it will be online or on a popular TV show.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back