Star Wars: The Clone Wars Obi-Wan costume. V 2.0 Update #19

Chris, you need to wear this on Saturday so we can get some sweet Ahsoka and Obi-Wan pics! :)

I think we're doing Star Wars on Friday. Have to plan my costumes in shaving order :lol

Looking good, I've always liked the jedi-in-clone armor look

Thanks.

Getting there. Pretty much just need to paint all the pieces and I'm ready to go. Looking forward to seeing it all together.

Well, about time I updated. Dragon Con has come and gone and the costume was more successful this time than last, though I realize now that I need some Star wars friends to hang out with, as most of my regular con group is pretty lame when it comes to dressing up in general and really not as into Star Wars as I.

I still need to revisit the arms and now want to tweak the leg sculpt a bit and revisit the closure. The neckseal I've decided to go with a EVA foam, because I think my patterning skills will make a better one than what I can sculpt. Currently I have a hard vac-formed one that was kindly given to me by my west coast counterpart (defyitall, the other Chris that dressses like TCW Obi-wan). Looked good, but kind of uncomfortable.

I also want to rebuild the tunic out of raw silk. The shape is great, but the perfect fabric didn't dawn on me until after I built this one.

Anyway. I'm still looking for pics as I didn't take any of my own, but here's one that I did find. If anyone runs across any, post em please!

41271_158029364214620_100000226717438_547574_1876254_n.jpg

Now its time to start on V 3.0!!! It never ends.

If I had any left, I totally would. I broke up the one I had to redo some details on it and I never got around to finishing it. Still would like to one day, but there are so many other projects to get to.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back