Star Wars Snowspeeder question...

And they weren't really freezing and the big stuffed animal didn't die.

Actually, a talking tauntaun would be right up there with jar-jar. Stay away from the double names George.

You know, you guys might appreciate this, I used to do a webcomic and within this webcomic I had a big Star Wars parody plotline. Well the strip ended before Revenge of the Sith came out and I had TWO different Star Wars theme strips end with a character going "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Strange coincidence? Yeah probably...

Here's the link

<Something Here Is Terribly Wrong>

I believe they were strips 29 and 30. And yes, before you ask (especially binkleywalker) they are HEAVILY influenced by Bloom County, which I tried not to rip off too badly. The first ones have the weakest writing, some of them were written by the webmaster of the site they were for. After I took over completely they got better. :D

Never really understood that part anyway. Is the door got, like, a time lock on it? If the guys showed up--they couldn't open the door back up?

I mean why would that door EVER be open anyway? It's FREEZING outside!!

I think its safe to conclude that the taun taun is a native creature to Hoth, but prolly does not venture out after sunset due to the extreme drops in temperature. I'm sure it died due to a combination of exhaustion and freezing to death.

Just my two cents.

I'm no scientist but isn't the cold vacuum of space worse/colder than any planetary climate? To state a snowspeeder is "adapted to the cold" is interesting, seeing that regular starships are zooming through the cold dark reaches of outer space already. Were snowspeeders mainly land based vehicles or could they be used for space travel? Just a thought (and I know it's just a movie). ;)

Good point...

We kind of already covered this.

The snowspeeders were just that- speeders. They are not capable of space travel and therefore susceptible to extreme cold. They are essentially like land speeders or speeder bikes that can fly a couple of hundred feet above ground.

However the point about the extreme cold of space raised the better question of why they didn't use the
X-Wings to go after Han and Luke (as they obviously can withstand the cold of space).

Other than the fact the X-Wing has only one seat. ;)

Kevin

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back