Star Wars: questions you've always wanted answers for

KrangPrime

Master Member
here is my main one. Why did they straighten his belly wires for episode 6?
It does look nicer and more detailed.

\
tumblr_mkyc5sJI6W1r3tlnvo1_500.jpg

this also seems to be the only movie where they re recorded R2s entire sound library. the beeps seem....if not faster, definitely different than the last two movies..never to be heard again outside of it.

Last edited:
About R2,....I remember noticing that he sounded completely different in ROTJ,.....B.Burtt must have made a load new noises for him......I remember mentioning this on OriginalTrilogy.com where everyone pointed out that I was just plain wrong & that R2 sounded exactly as he did in the previous films ......including Adywan

Glad to hear theres someone else who thinks there was a difference

....3PO......I've seen those images millions of times & never noticed the straight wires,....probably just a new lighter costume & they didn't copy the mess over,....(OCD maybe?)

J

Once Luke became a big shot Commander, he could afford to have his wires straightened out. Speaking of rank, why is Lando a General. He help save Han and they make him a freak' General for it (and don't give me any EU nonsense!)

If i had to guess, the only way to get him on board.

Lando, join the cause...fight the empire!

Meh...pass

We'll make you an officer. A Captain.

Yeah, still, pass.

Would what it take to get you on board?

General?

Done.

Or, he played them a game of sabacc for it :)

I was watching Shadow of Malevolence recently. ever notice there is a theme in there that kind of resembles Star Trek three and the stealing of the enterprise?

I think it was right around where they are traveling around the nebula.. in Seige of Lothal, there is also very clearly a music shot that matches BTTF 2 where marty roams around alternate 1985.

Why does the syringe on the interrogation droid that Vader have Roman numerals on it when it shod be in an alien language?

If i had to guess, the only way to get him on board.

Lando, join the cause...fight the empire!

Meh...pass

We'll make you an officer. A Captain.

Yeah, still, pass.

Would what it take to get you on board?

General?

Done.

Or, he played them a game of sabacc for it :)

Oddly similar to how they got Billy Dee Williams into the role to begin with. Supposedly, he turned them down flat, but they kept asking. Someone asked what it would take to get him into the role, and he replied that he wanted to wear a cape, thinking that a cape would look out of place on anyone other than Vader. They agreed.

If an AT-ST crushes some Ewoks on Endor and nobody is around to hear does it make a sound?

Yes. A muffled squishy-crunchy noise.

my question is "was obiwan's attire in ANH meant to be a jedi uniform, or is that tattoonie gear"
Since the Jedis were wearing robes in the prequels I would guess it's Jedi attire - which begs the question - if Obi Wan was keeping a low profile from the Empire why would he be going around wearing his uniform? And why would he strode into Mos Eisley dressed as a Jedi around when the place is crawling with stormtroopers.

About R2,....I remember noticing that he sounded completely different in ROTJ,.....B.Burtt must have made a load new noises for him......I remember mentioning this on OriginalTrilogy.com where everyone pointed out that I was just plain wrong & that R2 sounded exactly as he did in the previous films ......including Adywan

Glad to hear theres someone else who thinks there was a difference.

J

R2 DEFINITELY sounds different in ROTJ. Not only are there new sounds in his vocabulary, but his "voice" is very different. Processed much differently. I don't know what kinds of effects they employed, but in Jedi he sounds much more digital and less mechanical.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back