Star Wars: questions you've always wanted answers for

here's another thing..... if there are only supposed to be two, how come sidious allows Ventress to exist?

also, regarding the 'balance' issue. maybe that prophecy was so old, it was written around the time when there where a thousand sith go with a thousand jedi knights...and like legend, just kind of stuck around after the sith had been mostly taken cared of.

here's another thing..... if there are only supposed to be two, how come sidious allows Ventress to exist?

The Rule of Two always seemed to be something that was up to interpretation, the most common interpretation of it seemed to be a literal interpretation of the rule in where there would only be 2 official Sith, 2 Darths as it were. Ventress was never a full Sith and didn't possess a Darth name so therefore she, technically, didn't count. I think that it was an unwritten rule for the apprentices to have apprentices of their own for when they eventually become the master, then once their apprentices become a Darth they then start to secretly look for an (unofficial) apprentice of their own and thus the cycle continues. In short, the Rule of Two can be more accurately read as there can only be 2 Darths.

image.jpg

you will always have more guys on the bench waiting for their turn.

How does one become a Darth? Especially now?

The emperor and vader were killed/died - so there was no one left to proclaim anyone an actual darth. Can I just pop up say, I'm not Darth Cboath?

How does one become a Darth? Especially now?

The emperor and vader were killed/died - so there was no one left to proclaim anyone an actual darth. Can I just pop up say, I'm not Darth Cboath?

Sure you can be one.

I would have to believe that Vader had a guy on sidelines. Slowly training him / her to be his right hand man once Palatine died. Anyone can say that they are a Darth. But you will have to have some cool skills and be able to back it up. If not someone else will come in saying I'm a Darth as they kill you. For one, I have always thought that there is a secret Sith clan / group that doesn't care for the Sith Lord / empire / rebel way of ideas. They have been training for years abd doing their own thing. Just waiting for the right time to come out and clean house on everyone. Now they will come out and be like " heard you don't believe in the Boogie man. Well check this out" plus the Sith are the good guys. Oh don't forget that the guy Luke might be protecting / watching / guarding could be the strongest coolest Sith member since Darth helmet.

So..Be careful of the shadows cause they are watching you..

She was just a Dark side user, not a Sith. So apparently only a Sith Lord puts a significant drain on the Force to cause any ripples the Jedi would feel. It's like the Inquisitors in Rebels or Mara Jade in the old EU. They have just enough Dark Side training to do their job, but not enough to challenge Vader.

What is the purpose of ATAT if you have hovering vehicles? Especially in snow.

If what has been established in the vehicle guides that have been published in the past still applies ATATs are for (in part) intimidation and to act as something of a mobile firebase, it carries a fair number of troops as well as a number of speeder bikes. Although never mentioned, it probably also has facilities to act as a mobile command post for I'd say a unit of at least battalion size.

here's one.. do you think they made anakin so young in the phantom menace simply for that one line joke of 'he is to old to be gin the training?'

I personally think it would have worked better if they made him closer to padme's age.

here's one.. do you think they made anakin so young in the phantom menace simply for that one line joke of 'he is to old to be gin the training?'

I personally think it would have worked better if they made him closer to padme's age.

That's one of my biggest gripes with ep1. I think they should have started him off in the 12-14 range and basically given Obi and Anakin the Qui Gon/Obi Wan relationship. Is it ever referenced in the OT that there is an age limit for Jedi training? I feel like Yoda may have said something but I can't recall. Even if it is OT based it seems like such an arbitrary rule to me.

That's one of my biggest gripes with ep1. I think they should have started him off in the 12-14 range and basically given Obi and Anakin the Qui Gon/Obi Wan relationship. Is it ever referenced in the OT that there is an age limit for Jedi training? I feel like Yoda may have said something but I can't recall. Even if it is OT based it seems like such an arbitrary rule to me.

They never say in the OT, other than that Luke is apparently way too old to train. That line still would work if Anakin had been 12-14. It would have made it a heck of a lot more believable that he could pilot the podracer and the fighter even more so.

They never say in the OT, other than that Luke is apparently way too old to train. That line still would work if Anakin had been 12-14. It would have made it a heck of a lot more believable that he could pilot the podracer and the fighter even more so.

I think making it an origin story from the very beginning was kind of a misstep, even if they had to drop a "he was too old Obi Wan, but we have faith in YOU and believe you are best for the boy" and then we could have a padawan Anakin from the beginning of the first movie, instead of seeing him so young. They could have done basically everything the same, broken ship, visit Tatooine for parts (on Anakin's urging), maybe no podrace or at least altered a bit, and an alternative/1 on 1 Obi/Maul lightsaber fight. Qui Gon just seems superfluous if the story is supposed to be about Anakin and Obi Wan's past.

Or....they could have started the story during the clone wars when he was already a jedi.

An old writing teacher of mine had two rules or writing a story:

1. Figure out your ending first. Then write around that.

2. Begin the story as close to the climax as you can

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I totally agree. I always felt the PT should've been told against the backdrop of the Clone Wars and Anakin was already an established Jedi. Other than George's silly "mommy issues" angle that he went with, it wasn't important to see where Anakin came from.

Honestly, I originally always thought Yoda was being a little facetious with the "too old for training" bit, feigning that he was looking for an excuse not to do it. Maybe just to get an idea of how serious Luke was about it...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back