Star Wars Plug and Control panels

Hey, folks! While researching some of the R2-D2 details I did this brief writeup on Michell Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference Turntable details used in Star Wars and Empire.

I go into more detail on the shoulder buttons on this page:

3Dsf.info Astro-Droid Pages

michell-transcriptor-star-wars.jpg

One outstanding area of inquiry involves the part marked as A above. The three greeblies used as R5-D4's eyes look like this part on the outside, but the interior differs. Were there different versions of this part? Or were the Michell greeblies drilled out on the interior to make these eyes?

The 'J' part is used on the front of the Falcon's cannon controls (I think) and on the Detention Block camera antena, probably one or two other places. The six large platter rests (to lay your favourite Led Zep bootleg on) are on the Navcom and the shield generator that Ben turns off 'n' on again.

Edit: ....or are those six large parts for balancing the platter? I can't remember lol

Attachments

• CanonContEdit1.jpg
    CanonContEdit1.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Really, this was the only thing that "wow"ed me in Jedi, I would love to know what pushbutton switches are on his chair. Honeywell?
ROTJV2Chair.jpg

1ROTJWireClip.jpg
1ROTJBridge.jpg

That is definitely a car stereo. It will be hard to identify which, there were so many that had that exact same cassette door.
you're telling me! I've been looking for 5 months, and there are some Ford stereos that are close but they all have the Eject button at the upper right and not the bottom lower. Realistic has a few without their logo... it's very tough you're right

Below the panel where R2 -D2 plugs in...there what looks like an air pistol for
filling up tires...it's laying flat on the panel.

Attachments

• ESB panel,jpg.jpg
    ESB panel,jpg.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 203
  • ESB panel2.jpg
    ESB panel2.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 205
The arm laying on its side at the bottom of the panel in pic AESB1jpeg is a flush-mount door handle for access panels on 1960s era mid to large size aircraft such as Vickers. The greeblie has some extra parts attached of course - because, Star Wars lol.
aircraft this guy says! The thing at the hinge is on the other R2 panel and I think it's a roller arm for a push button switch

Based on what little I know about where parts were farmed from, the Vickers airframe and the Rolls-Royce engines are well documented in several prop builds.

I presume they had the airframe and engine(s) out behind the model shop, and the prop guys would go looking for "cool stuff". So, it stands to reason (in my mind) that any on the fence decisions related to origin should lean in those directions, until proven otherwise.

That of course does not make them any easier to obtain, but there is at least one HUGE aircraft graveyard in Arizona that I have seen where a Vickers might be found.

I’ve been obsessed with the torture table for years... it’s a piece of art to me

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back