Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Think of it from Disney’s point of view.

We make camtonos for GE, sold out in less than a week.

We make republic credit replicas from BOBF for GE, sold out in a week.

Imperial credits for GE, sold out in a week.

‘New’ Hasbro Kenobi lightsaber on preorder, sold out on line.

Halcyon starcruiser, sells out each week.

Mandalorian merch, can’t keep it on the shelves.

Star Wars has always primarily been about merchandise sales. Disney has no reason to believe that they are failing.
It's just short term profits in exchange for long-term success. Disney has never been any good at considering the future. Sometime, that's going to bite them in the ass.

You have to remember though all that merch sells out because of scalpers contributing to that. The preorder sabers sold out so quickly because of bots buying them mostly. There are some wild variables to it all. At the end of the day Disney still says yeah look at how fast our merch sells but its also more than that.
Scalpers don’t spend their money on merch that they can’t flip for a profit. It doesn’t matter if scalpers buy 1, 10, or 100 they only buy what they know they can sell for a profit.

The demand for these SW items is there. It doesn’t matter if they are bought by fans or bought by scalpers and then resold to fans.

Scalpers don’t spend their money on merch that they can’t flip for a profit. It doesn’t matter if scalpers buy 1, 10, or 100 they only buy what they know they can sell for a profit.

The demand for these SW items is there. It doesn’t matter if they are bought by fans or bought by scalpers and then resold to fans.
Right, I guess what I was trying to say is that the speed of sales that Disney perceives vs the time it takes for the scalpers to resell is skewed. Like how the new consoles sell out but the player base doesn't match the sales of units. Does that make sense?

I believe it's not there their place regardless of ownership. It's like buying a classic car and replacing parts from another newer model and selling it as the original. Or more accurately adding new parts that weren't even there in the first place and acting like they are or should be part of the original car when they stick out like a sore thumb and don't even fit it's style. But to each their own.
What you are describing is referred to as a genuine imitaction.

Right, I guess what I was trying to say is that the speed of sales that Disney perceives vs the time it takes for the scalpers to resell is skewed. Like how the new consoles sell out but the player base doesn't match the sales of units. Does that make sense?
Or when Haslab made Jabbas sailbarge,once they went into production a week later they were on eBay for double the price.A lot of times fans miss out due to scalpers.

Or when Haslab made Jabbas sailbarge,once they went into production a week later they were on eBay for double the price.A lot of times fans miss out due to scalpers.
It's a problem that plagued all online preorders, or online only sales for decades now. I think women in makeup and accessories/clothing get it worse than collectors of toys and video games.

1. Ewoks Voyage to the fallen Death Star-to complete the Ewok movie trilogy(Ewoks with no sailing experience at all sail across treacherous Endor waters to find a new set of drums.)
2. Star Wars: I've got a bad feeling about this
3.Poe Rey Me finn solo ulaa Shaak Ti and Doh! A Star Wars Simpsons musical
4. Star Wars: Force Ghost Busters(A behind the scenes look at how Anakin wasn't originally accepted on the Force Ghost council)
5. PORG and Beans: A Star Wars cooking show
6. Willy Wampa And The Vanilla Slushy factory
7. Like a Bantha: a very slowed down Star Wars competition where Vespa speeders race Little Leia's kidnappers

Sheebus snipes stop giving them ideas. You know they read these threads right?

290098802_601737124524508_9106316571831478975_n.jpg

Just throwing out a crazy thought..
Obviously a movie/TV show have many elements that are brought together to make the project gel. The Edit can make a huge difference and as others have said The Duel IMO should have played out as one piece Bam!.. More impact less GOTs head spinning story arcs. Sometimes it's nice to just see a story play out in a linear fashion.
You see it or rather read it a lot these days in books, a novel written in the first person is recounting telling or a telling of that individuals story gets Gatecrashed by Off screen/other arcs.. Yes I realise its to drive/progress the story but sometimes like real life its better to be on the journey not in front of..

I know OWK was a TV show and John Williams wrote the Ben tune but a bit like Mando the overall music at times just fell short for me.. A bit clanky?... Other Scifi shows have shown way more drama in their soundtracks..

Maybe I've just been spoilt by Hans Zimmerman of late (movies ST of course)

There is a very good chance I am repeating stuff already talked about here but I cant bring myself to go through 173 pages of whining and complaining.

We all know the reason Kenobi turned into a lower budget TV show instead of the feature film everyone seems to have wanted was because of the cry baby push back from the Solo movie (an extremely entertaining film in my opinion).

People seem to have lost the ability to just sit back and enjoy some content (flaws and all).

The main thing that I can’t stop thinking about for this series is how not everything needs a continuation. Understandably, these series are being used to incubate new stories and characters, but at what cost to the narrative/common sense?

Reva is the biggest security threat in the galaxy right now. She knows who Vader really is. She knows about Leia. She knows about Luke. She knows about Obiwan. And everyone is just letting her go? Oh wait, she will need to have her own series now…

From a narrative perspective, she should have found out about Leia, learned about Luke, and Vader should of killed her. It closes the circle, and ends a really interesting story, that builds on Vader.

I really enjoyed the show. Didn't have any real issues with it. LOVED the kid they found to play as Leia. I like that we got to see more of the Star Wars universe. New planets, the impact of the Empire, how people went along with it in some cases, resisted it in others, etc. Nice to see Owen and Beru get a chance to be tough, too.

I'm not seeing what as a "recontextualization" or a "retcon" either, really. But I also haven't read all the pages prior to about 171, and don't intend to. I'd be curious to see a summation of what folks generally disliked, but more just because I'm wondering why it doesn't match up with my experience of the show.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back