Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

It's about time! Put him on Tatooine to keep an eye on Luke (and maybe thwart a few attempt on his life) and see what happens;)...unless they have other ideas.

They really need to do something really good to be able to drag my attention to the Disney channel. The old Netflix Marvel series won't do it, though promised new ones just might.

Disney have got a massive problem in the way they have handled the SW franchise, in the same way "Star Trek: Discovery" has, the writing ,direction and focus is just so much weaker than the original source product and its arguably drifted too far away from the biggest percentage of the fanbase to retain the trust and faith of its core audience to subscribe to it.

I'm sorry I know this is a super unpopular opinion. But if your are in hiding, protecting the future of the Jedi order and one half of the hope for the galaxy, you keep your ass hidden. I don't care how many wrongs are being done in front of you. Waving a bright blue lightsaber around is the fastest way to get the Empire on your ass. We just need to let some things go.

It would have been a film without the TLJ backlash and the Solo fail... This only confirms their strategical retreat, but wait for the Mandalorian backlash and see how this and the Cassian series also evaporates :D

I'd actually turn that around and say TLJ fail and Solo backlash. I don't know how much of Solo's perceived failure were the fans who were boycotting, but I thought it was way better than TLJ.

I'm sorry I know this is a super unpopular opinion. But if your are in hiding, protecting the future of the Jedi order and one half of the hope for the galaxy, you keep your ass hidden. I don't care how many wrongs are being done in front of you. Waving a bright blue lightsaber around is the fastest way to get the Empire on your ass. We just need to let some things go.

I agree. I think they could do something where he was stealthily doing something, but no lightsaber or overt Force use. The problem is that his sole purpose in life is to keep Luke safe at that point .That means never straying too far where he could be there to help. So no going off planet, to another city, etc. I think that one of the good things (if you didn't like the Prequels) the Prequels did is show the sacrifice Obi Wan actually made after the Jedi fell. He gave up his life to stay there and watch over Luke for 20 years.

But.....
If someone powerful from the Empire knew that Luke was Anakin's son and would occasionally send ones out to kill or turn him to do their bidding and Old Ben found out about it....

Exactly... the comics touched upon this. The book consisted of

Obiwan watches over the Lars family

Hutts Control the tax on tattoonie, give Owen a hard time

Obiwan protects the Lars family

Lars wants nothing to do with obi wan..

It was a good comic but story wise.. it was pages of Obiwan meditating with banthas.. meditating it his hut.. then 2 pages of action of him slicing hutt gangsters (which I hated)

I don’t like the idea of obi wan using his lightsaber while hiding.. during this comic it’s roughly 7-8-9 years after ANH? Way too soon to wield a light saber in public... not only are you still wearing your Jedi cloths but running around with a blue blazer sword... not good

Really devalues Obiwan igniting it in the cantina..

When we first see ANH and Obiwan sparks it up, his face looking around the room always have me the

“That’s right mother flowers.. I’m a old Jedi... step off”

It also feels like Obiwan hasn’t activated that lightsaber in years

Now when I see that scene and knowing he’s been running around tattoonie slicing gangsters up.. I get the feeling

“Oh it’s that old drunk with the laser sword again..”

I really hope they do not make this Obiwan series- as mentioned above he is supposed to be in hiding and protecting Luke at a distance. Admittedly he is not doing a great job at stealth by using the name 'Ben Kenobi' and having Luke keep the Skywalker name while living on the same planet Anakin started off on, but he would need to be low key and do as little as possible to avoid detection- not much chance of an adventure of the week there.
I really do not care for having every single moment mentioned and references being showcased like they did with 'Solo' - I prefer leaving some things up to the imagination.
It's a big universe- tell some new stories

There's an easy way to address these concerns - After 6 episodes of non-stop action-packed lightsaber wielding exploits, Obi-Wan wakes up from a strange dream in his Tatooine hut, realises that his air-conditioning has packed in and concludes that he shouldn't drink so much blue milk before bed...

Could Obi Wan not leave the planet, & check up on Luke from time to time,...get the odd call from Bail & Mon Mothma,....In R1 Mon Mothma mentions to Bail about 'his Jedi friend' & they knew he was on Tatooine

J

Could Obi Wan not leave the planet, & check up on Luke from time to time,...get the odd call from Bail & Mon Mothma,....In R1 Mon Mothma mentions to Bail about 'his Jedi friend' & they knew he was on Tatooine

J

My favorite part of r1!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back