Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

I guess I'll have to stop reading this thread. Major characters slated to appear are spoilers in my book.

I guess I'll have to stop reading this thread. Major characters slated to appear are spoilers in my book.

Unconfirmed hype rumors of characters potentially appearing are spoilers? Not trying to argue just seems a bit surprising.

I'm all for more use of spoiler tags on here but it doesn't seem like many others would as it might delay their fun for a few seconds and according to the masses, the onus is entirely on the reader to keep themselves spoiler free.

Last edited:
That's where I placed the onus, no?

Unconfirmed hype rumors of characters potentially appearing are spoilers? Not trying to argue just seems a bit surprising.

I'm all for more use of spoiler tags on here but it doesn't seem like many others would as it might delay their fun for a few seconds and according to the masses, the onus is entirely on the reader to keep themselves spoiler free.

Obi Wan Kenobi was the BEST part of the prequels. When the movie was announced, I was crazy excited. When I heard it was turned into a series instead, I was crazy mad excited.

Now, if the rumors are true…….

Just crazy mad…..

[sigh] if only this were the real deal.
Excited to see Ewan McGregor reprise his role as Obiwan but do I dare hope for anything this awesome.
Given how good the Mandalorian has turned out maybe i can.
And dear god I'd so love to be immersed once again in that beguiling and enigmatic of worlds that is Jedha.

I have a little hope because of the Mandalorian as well, but I doubt Disney will be able to resist having Obi-Wan off planet hopping. There's going to be some exec going "But this is Star Wars, we need to go to lots of different planets!"

I think the greatest unknown is: how old are the twins? Are we going to see Leia also or just Luke and his life? If it takes place, let's say, 10 years before a NH, then you'll have that teenage angst (and maybe problems to solve for Obi-Wan)...I don't know:unsure:

I think the greatest unknown is: how old are the twins? Are we going to see Leia also or just Luke and his life? If it takes place, let's say, 10 years before a NH, then you'll have that teenage angst (and maybe problems to solve for Obi-Wan)...I don't know:unsure:

Luke and Leia were about 19 in ANH. 10 years before would have them at about 9.

I know almost no one feels this same way, but I think a story with Obi Wan leaving the planet could work, if it was for the purpose of protecting Luke.

The Inquisitors are constantly seeking Vader's favor, & if one were to find out about either Obi Wan or Luke,I could see that Inquisitor wanting to tell Vader in person. If the info were to be transmitted, it could cause them to lose the upper hand, so a story where Kenobi has to race against time to hunt down & stop the Inquisitor.

In my mind, that's the ONLY valid reason he'd ever leave.

If you want to throw tomatoes, aim for my right side...I got a bum shoulder on the left.

I know almost no one feels this same way, but I think a story with Obi Wan leaving the planet could work, if it was for the purpose of protecting Luke.

The Inquisitors are constantly seeking Vader's favor, & if one were to find out about either Obi Wan or Luke,I could see that Inquisitor wanting to tell Vader in person. If the info were to be transmitted, it could cause them to lose the upper hand, so a story where Kenobi has to race against time to hunt down & stop the Inquisitor.

If you want to throw tomatoes, aim for my right side...I got a bum shoulder on the left.

I'm not sure how I feel about him doing a ton of fighting. I could have sworn that I remember hearing a bit of OWK's backstory in ANH as it pertains to him lighting his saber in the cantina. I feel like I remember hearing that it had been so long that he wasn't 100% that his saber would fire up. If true, add that to him still having all of the same nicks and patches on his robes from ROTS. I'd like to keep a lot of the old hermit lore if possible.

I’ve always hoped they’d make a Kenobi story where he goes off world, agreeing with Owen to communicate immediately to him if anything worrying was happening

I hate the thought that Obi-wan was sitting there for 17 or so years

The interactions he had with Owen could have been close calls where Owen called on Obi-Wan for help, & Owen explained those moments away to young Luke, who was inquisitive to who Obi-Wan was, as a local nutter

Luke didn’t see Obi-Wan all the time, so as far as he knew, he was a hermit, not knowing he was a semi-retired warrior

…J

I'm not sure how I feel about him doing a ton of fighting. I could have sworn that I remember hearing a bit of OWK's backstory in ANH as it pertains to him lighting his saber in the cantina. I feel like I remember hearing that it had been so long that he wasn't 100% that his saber would fire up. If true, add that to him still having all of the same nicks and patches on his robes from ROTS. I'd like to keep a lot of the old hermit lore if possible.
Well... If it's set half way between RotS & SW, it'll still be 9-10 years before the Cantina. That'd be enough time for him to question the reliability, but if we're going ONLY on what's been on-screen, he tells Anakin that his lightsaber is his life, so IDK if he'd ever let it fall into that level of disrepair.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back