Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

I'm glad they are not going to have him wear the Prequel or OT Obi-Wan outfit the entire time, because it seems like with SW, whether it's the movies or EU stuff, they always have the characters wearing the outfit we last saw them in. So Luke is almost always wearing his ROTJ outfit on book covers and things.

I'm glad they are not going to have him wear the Prequel or OT Obi-Wan outfit the entire time, because it seems like with SW, whether it's the movies or EU stuff, they always have the characters wearing the outfit we last saw them in. So Luke is almost always wearing his ROTJ outfit on book covers and things.
They’ve really started making these characters into cartoons when they just constantly wear the one outfit, so I also hope we get some variety.

If one were so inclined, there are similar photos showing Indira Varma in her costume. It's pretty spoilery as to who/what she's playing, so be warned.

If this is true, I’m so, so, so disappointed! I was hoping for a Kenobi series, not a live action Rebels tie in series.
I get you, but Vader, Leia, Obi Wan, & Fifth Brother were the only characters mentioned, & with 3 out of 4 being all OT characters. All of them appeared in REBELS, with only Fifth Brother originating in the series.

IDK if that would really constitute cause for alarm, but then again, I enjoyed most of the animated stuff.

Don’t you get it? All Star Wars™ content is now tie-in content to the celebrated Filoni shows. It’s gotta all come back to those. Because Disney believes that the only fans still watching Star Wars content are watching for Filoni. Which, sad to say, isn’t wholly untrue.

I don't have any problem with Rebels characters popping in. The fact that a young Leia is in it and might be the story is what concerns me. I don't see any way they can have Obi-Wan leave Tatooine that would make one bit of sense. THAT'S his sole mission. Leia is already protected by her anonymity and the entire Rebel/Alderaanian security (or whatever it's called).

So with Leia and the 5th Brother in it, I'm wondering if Leia runs afoul of the 5th Brother, who senses her Force sensitivity, forcing Obi-Wan to come out of hiding to clandestinely protect her.

Luke, Leia and Vader don't need to have much presence in this at all. I'd rather Rebels characters have significant roles than more OT main characters further fan serviced. What would be best would be mostly all new well written characters that are just in this story along with Obi-Wan. This is clearly asking too much lol. Oh well, it's just a show. As long as they're not re-writing the OT it will hopefully be entertaining on some level.

Last edited:
I like Rebels and I like 65% of Clone Wars. But I like them as they are, a cartoon, not in my live action stuff.
That's exactly how I feel about it. Never cared a lot for the animated shows. It's a "nice to have". On the other hand the new ST was probably the worst thing that hit theatres since 1895.

I like Mandalorian, but the last season felt like it was just used to introduce new characters to start new shows.

It could end up feeling like season 2 where it was cameo after cameo. That's the reason I lost interest because they could have deepened their new characters rather than have appearances by old ones.

I still think a character study with smaller scale adventures on Tatooinne would be the better choice for this series but it won't happen. It would actually draw more attention to Luke or Leia's whereabouts if Kenobi is seen going from planet to planet fighting battles. He's a recognizable figure and a wanted fugitive so staying under the radar is the name of the game. The Empire likely called off search efforts after a few years of Ben and Yoda laying dormant, but if the two are spotted it would only invite the prying eyes of the enemy to start looking for them again and they'd be on the run. That's not much protection for Anakin's children if you think about it.

To my mind the only way this story works is if you keep it localized or else you run the risk of diminishing the impact of the saga films. The same goes for another showdown with Anakin. A lightsaber rematch between the two is almost a given, but it's going to rob any meaning from their final encounter on the Death Star.

Last edited:
It could end up feeling like season 2 where it was cameo after cameo. That's the reason I lost interest because they could have deepened their new characters rather than have appearances by old ones.

I still think a character study with smaller scale adventures on Tatooinne would be the better choice for this series but it won't happen. It would actually draw more attention to Luke or Leia's whereabouts if Kenobi is seen going from planet to planet fighting battles. He's a recognizable figure and a wanted fugitive so staying under the radar is the name of the game. The Empire likely called off search efforts after a few years of him and Yoda laying dormant to save resources, but if the two are spotted it would only invite the prying eyes of the enemy to start looking for them again and they'd be on the run. That's not much protection for Anakin's children if you think about it.
I`m with you on that level...Unless he's fighting "under the radar" (very unlikely) he's just a body-guard for the twins;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back