Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Seems he's still using a Covertech clip. I wonder if it'll get damaged and he'll have to drill a hole for a d-ring.
(I keed, I wouldn't want them to waste screen time on a prop nerd pandering moment like that)

I thought the consensus was that the Mando flashback was CG?
the mando flash back clones had new armor made to look like it fits a real human. They were still cg looking though, this flash back has looks like the original clones but the helmet is a little different. It doesn't have the neck ring.

question...

did the jedi looking for kenobi hang himself, or did the inquisitors do it... i thought the inquisitors left the planet...
I
I think he was left there by the inquisitors. He wasn't hanging by the neck, more like he was suspended there as a warning. Doesn't seem like they did a decent interrogation on him though otherwise they probably could have realised that Obi-Wan was nearby.

I
I think he was left there by the inquisitors. He wasn't hanging by the neck, more like he was suspended there as a warning. Doesn't seem like they did a decent interrogation on him though otherwise they probably could have realised that Obi-Wan was nearby.
;) gotcha

Not really a spoiler but speculation:

Although not entirely clear at this point (and I've not read any spoilers), I feel like Reva's motivation is going to be something like this:

1) Anakin Skywalker led the attack on the Jedi Temple and killed all her friends.

2) She survives, but wants revenge and so gives in to the Dark Side of the Force.

3) In pursuing that revenge, she joins with the inquisitors as a way of getting close to Skywalker, who she has learnt is now Darth Vader.

4) In order to get close to Vader so that he trusts her above the other inquisitors she becomes obsessed with catching Kenobi, who she also blames for training Skywalker in the first place, so double revenge there.

5) Vader probably kills her as she somehow redeems herself saving Obi-Wan.

Not really a spoiler but speculation:

Although not entirely clear at this point (and I've not read any spoilers), I feel like Reva's motivation is going to be something like this:

1) Anakin Skywalker led the attack on the Jedi Temple and killed all her friends.

2) She survives, but wants revenge and so gives in to the Dark Side of the Force.

3) In pursuing that revenge, she joins with the inquisitors as a way of getting close to Skywalker, who she has learnt is now Darth Vader.

4) In order to get close to Vader so that he trusts her above the other inquisitors she becomes obsessed with catching Kenobi, who she also blames for training Skywalker in the first place, so double revenge there.

5) Vader probably kills her as she somehow redeems herself saving Obi-Wan.
I was just going to ask this question… seriously I’m re watching it now. And with her obsession, came on here to ask “what’s everyone think her motivation is with…”

I was just going to ask this question… seriously I’m re watching it now. And with her obsession, came on here to ask “what’s everyone think her motivation is with…”
That very first scene, I think she is one of the younglings. Would make sense that she was the first person seen in the series.
E3669E3F-2A38-432F-8C66-F3880ACEE8AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I enjoyed it a lot. At this point I would not say it was amazing because there are still some chapters to come but I can't wait to see the next eps. The title music is beautiful and you can hear the handwriting of the master. I just was waiting for some cues of Ep III to be built into it, but it is OK. I liked the montage at the beginning which allows those who don't know the PT to get into the world. A friend of mine has never seen the movies but he thoroughly enjoys watching the TV shows, so this will serve him well. (And yes, I'm still trying to convince him to watch the movies! ;) )

And yes, when I realized what was going on in said scene I was jumping at the screen looking for Grogu!!! :D

It was great to see the known cast again. But something seemed odd about Jimmy. It looked like he had trouble walking and speaking. Does he have a new hip / new teeth? The wrinkles in Ewan's face were very prominent in the close-ups. Not a bad way to show he is ageing. However, I was very surprised to see him behaving in such an "uncivilized" way and using a blaster. And seeing his first real punch after so many years of peaceful dignity made me chuckle a bit.

I absolutely LOVED the womprat with the antlers! That was great!!!

What really was great was to watch two eps back to back instead of only one. Now I'm in a dilemma. Shall I watch the future eps on release or wait till all have been released and binge them? However, knowing me I think I'll watch them as soon as they are available and then binge them when the cycle is complete. ;)

Holy hell.

Did I really just watch Kenobi walking through a galactic meth lab looking like Walter White? An Inquisitor doing silly half speed parkour across rooftops like The Crow? FLEA?? WTF??

I did like McGregor a lot though and agree his performance was great. Looking forward to the next episode.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back