Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Being a man of a certain vintage, when I saw the silhouette of the Inquisitor's Shuttle,
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.48.35 AM.jpg

I couldn't help but wonder if it was a nod to this magnificent hunk of spacecraft...
Screenshot_20220527-085710.png

Neat tribute if it was intentional.

My thoughts.

Obi-Wan having nightmares was one of my things I wanted. And I got that!

The shock on his face when he learns Vader/Anakin is still alive..... Amazing.

Little Leia is awesome. She talks to much, she's maybe a little pretentious, she's adventurous, and stubborn. A tad annoying? Yeah. But she's 10 year old kid....that's how they are. Young Leia is 100% accurate.

The Inquisitors. Hmm the Grand Inquisitor is growing on me. The other two, eh not so much. Reva feels poorly acted. I get the character. But she's kinda like Anakin. I get what they are going for, they just aren't quite getting it.

Overall though I'm enjoying the show and look forward to the rest.

I’m actually shocked that I don’t hate it,
First episode, I found the new inquisitor annoying, the Alderaan scenes a bit cheap looking

I do think the kid acting Leia was perfect casting, she looks like a young Carrie, & has the confidence of Leia

Second episode was a bit cheesy, Leia running away from Ben & falling off the roof of the building to be saved by him using the force
Still find the new inquisitor annoying & out of place
Thought the automated getaway ship was a bit convenient considering the whole place was locked down

But overall,….compared to the book of Boba,…not too bad, so far

J

I thought it was interesting that Obi was trying to reach out to Qui-Gon even though he clearly hasnt been exercising his force powers much lately. Maybe this is the momeny he starts trying to train again and we'll eventually see Qui-Gon.

So yeah, Reva is poorly acted. The 2nd episode was a bit fun, certainly cheesy on parts (parkour!) and I really liked Kumali Nanjiani's character, though his redemption was rather hurried. Did I miss something significant with him knowing Obi Wan's name?
Also, shouldn't Obi Wan have known how old Leia was? Though I supposed he doesn't have a desk calendar in his cave.
Ah also, while the Grand Inquisitor wasn't that terrible, his voice was. Given the steaming pile of **** that BoBF was, there's no where to go but up.

So, uh... What's everyone thinking about the grand inquisitor?
The head doesn’t look great but that’s been discussed ad nauseum so I’ll say he’s not as bad as I feared,
though it’s a moot point now with him dead
. I’d take him over Reva any day. I feel like they were definitely going for a Christoph Walz/Inglorious Basterds thing with him.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back