Star Wars legacy costumes and props

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by yodakiller1138, Jun 26, 2006.

1. yodakiller1138

yodakiller1138 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Anybody get the new Star Wars Legacy comic from Dark Horse? There are some incredible designs that would look awesome. Something different from the run of the mill costumes being done. I'm thinking of doing the Imperial Knight costume.

2. Geniepants

Geniepants Well-Known Member

I saw some of the designs in the new insider. I like the Imperial Knights and the new Sith. The Knight reminds me a little of the Royal Guard armor in Crimson Empire.

3. Jayn

Jayn Sr Member

From what I'm hearing, several people already have some Legacy costumes in the works, including the
    knights. I like most of the new stuff..the new TIE's are interesting..
    Jayn

4. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

can someone scan the pics in the comics?

thx

dave

5. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

Check http://www.327thstarcorps.com/ There's talk there about the Imperial Knights, and a pic of the armor.

They do seem to be a cross between the Jedi and Royal Guards, both in appearance and function. And keep in mind, the new Emperor is a good guy...

6. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

bah . didn't see any of the pics there.. must have been looking in the wrong place

dave

7. SmilingOtter

8. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

ohhhhh nice... thanks..

but why would Jedi have to wear armor? hmmmm

NWJEDI
    dave

9. SHalamar

SHalamar Well-Known Member

Interesting. That one pic of an Imperial Knight seems to be based off of Vaders Black Body Suit, with the red armor plates over it. Its a good look.

10. SmilingOtter

In the "Tales of the Jedi" series they would wear armor on occasion. And in the fight between Luke and Darth on Cloud City, Luke's saber deflected of Darth's shoulder armor. Didn't feel too good, but for once he didn't lose a limb.

If nothing else, the Imperial Knights certainly look more intimidating than their robed cousins.

Edited for poor spelling.

11. yodasan

yodasan Sr Member

Are there any interesting new saber designs?

12. Jumpin Jax

Jumpin Jax Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(nwjedidave @ Jun 26 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]1268831[/snapback]</div>
    Beyond the history, it appears that the Imperial knights have become the new Royal Guards of the Empire. The armor has similarities with RG armor, and they are devoted to the Empire, not the force. The bodyglove was probably a form of general issue, and wasn't it the suit itself that Luke took a chunk out of on Cloud City?
    [​IMG]
    Nice suit :) Can't wait for the next issue.
    JJ

13. EdgeofNowhere

EdgeofNowhere Well-Known Member

from one of the frames I saw, it looks like the imperial knights have a half-cape hanging from the waist. That, and the vambraces look really cool.

14. SmilingOtter

I do wish the sabers weren't quite so plain looking. OTOH, a lot of folks should be able to do decent hardware versions.

15. Jumpin Jax

Jumpin Jax Sr Member

[​IMG]
    Seems the Imperial Knights wear a jedi/Empire belt buckle. The lightsabers are all the same and simple due to Imperial mindset, AKA all the same and all function.
    JJ

16. DarkLordSalvo

DarkLordSalvo Well-Known Member

The Imperial Knights all have the same style saber. So it's more of an "issued equipment" idea.

17. Darth Mule

Darth Mule Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes, very uniform. But a cool uniform. I'd be interested in doing this one. Really cool... The question is... Would that be the traditional vacu-formed plastic armor that the stars community is so familiar with. Or a molded leather, which would be so much cooler IMO.

And someone should get on the tattooed Twi'lek chica. That'd be a topic of much drool at a con.

18. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

We had a request for that costume. The guy couldn't decide whether he wanted fiberglass or leather. I think either would look cool.

19. Jumpin Jax

Jumpin Jax Sr Member

I have only this to say: [​IMG]
    Added to the list :)
    JJ

20. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

Does anyone recognize the gent getting his neck broken by Xizor???

[attachmentid=11383]

21. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Active Member

Wow I didn't realise there were others doing these costumes :D

When I saw the cover art for that comic, I fell in love with the costumes, and I knew I had to do them. I convinced a few other people, so we're going to have a group of us. We're doing ours out of fibreglass. I'm so excited, these are awesome costumes.

22. Jumpin Jax

Jumpin Jax Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mantis @ Dec 1 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]1369667[/snapback]</div>
    If I recall the SOTE story right, a man inflitrated security with help from Vader, attacked Xizor out of revenge, and was beaten badly before having his neck snapped like a twig. He's dressed as a Coruscant Elite guard, a costume only shown in comics and art such as this. Luke came dressed as a guard in the SOTE figure collection.
    [​IMG]
    Gonna vac-form these suits when I'm free to start on molds.
    And there's another cool outfit to see the ladies in :)

23. The Clone Emperor

The Clone Emperor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg, SW: Legacy VI

Back in March of this year I was elated when artist Jan Duursema let me know that she'd be using my likeness for a character in a new Star Wars story arc. I patiently awaited the day for the zero issue to be released and then made my way to local comic shop. It took my friend Matt, the comic store guy, and I a moment to discern which character Jan meant. When I considered that Jan had only seen me with red hair, I realized the mystery character was the Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg.

Ganner's character has been in the background in the series until this issue, number VI. I feel the above image is a readily identifiable likeness and I called Jan share my joy. Appearently, the character will be around for a while, as Jan has asked for more portrait shots.

It is so very exciting to be part of something you love.

Be well,
    Thomas

24. hook

hook Active Member

If anyone gets molds for this completed, I would be interested in a set of this armor. This is my favorite non bucket costume, and would make it easier for me to troop with my child.

I would be happy with ABS or fiberglass

Please contact me at toddtaylor123@comcast.net

25. SmilingOtter

What he said.

And Thomas, that's a great shot.

26. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Active Member

Clone Emperor that's fantastic. :D You should be very proud.

I'm not sure when we'll be starting on our armour, but we're aiming to have it finished for a convention in Oct 2007. Hopefully we'll start working on it in the next couple of months. Mostly, we jsut need good reference shots so that the sculpts can be made.

I'm probablygoing to be doing the soft parts, so I'm trying to work out what's involved in them. It looks very much like a vader type suit, with skirt tabbards and a cloak.

27. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle New Member

I'll be most interested in a set of the armors too when it's ready. Well, as long as it's not too much. :angel

There is some talk of doing the Imperial Knights among some of us local SW/ST Costumers and those armor seems to be the problem rite now as we here have limited skills and equipments when comes to making ABS or Fiberglass armor. :unsure

28. jdboushh

jdboushh New Member

Congrats Thomas.. A very cool thing to be actually a part of a universe we all know and love.

jdboushh

29. Jumpin Jax

Jumpin Jax Sr Member

I'm half tempted to dump the several projects going for c4 and starting this up :)
    JJ

30. kivas

kivas Active Member

I have to say I certainly would be interested in something like this.

31. Hitogiri

Hitogiri Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was considering doing a prop imperial knight saber, I just didn't think there would be any interest. I love how the comic is turning out too, very nice, well written and the costumes and characters so far are just awesome.

32. Jumpin Jax

Jumpin Jax Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SmilingOtter @ Jun 26 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1268515[/snapback]</div>
    I wouldn't exactly call him a good guy. He is an Emperor, and he dealt with the sith to wipe out the jedi...again ;) He lost his throne because (duh.) they betrayed him. :lol Ignore the fact that his face is based on Charles Bronson B)

33. Gee2

Gee2 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very interested in a set of armor if anyone steps to the plate; I've been reading Legacy from the #0 preview last year and it's better every issue.

***EDIT***

Just finished this;

[​IMG]

Jason

34. Old Timer

Old Timer New Member

That Saber looks good...
    Count me in for an Imperial Knight costume.....
    I was considering attempting the armor myself. However I do not possess the necessary skill to fabricate the armor and hope to come out with a half decent product.

35. dcc_clone

dcc_clone Active Member

that saber looks dead on, can we see more pics?

36. Korbanth

Korbanth Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Imperial knight armor is coming - The masters are completely sculpted, molded and will be made in red gelcoat for the outer surface. I even have a seamstress who is makin the soft parts...it will be one incredible costume...send me an email for photos -

rlj41@cox.net

37. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

email sent :D

Markus

38. Korbanth

Korbanth Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I sent replies and photos to all who inquired - the final armor is being made now, and only making 10 sets. my goal is to gather up as many people who want a set and will walk around with me at CIV or SDCC..and all 10 outfits will consist of:

Fiberglass Red Gelcoated polished chest pieces, 2 shoulders sets, gauntlets, and piece that hangs below belt.

Upper black quilted, turtleneck Sith shirt...Jedi Belt, Darth Maul like lower pants, Jedi Boots, Gloves and a Cape

UltraSabers are making the IK white bladed luxeon sabers.

I dont know how to post photos of the masters, but if anyone I sent them to wants to, thats fine by me...Photos of final product within the next 1-2 weeks.

39. Hitogiri

Nice looking saber.

40. desolate

desolate Sr Member

I really enjoy the Legacy comics Dark Horse has put out.. the armor sounds like a good idea. i would be more than interested in the armor.. if anyone needs any machine work done to anything let me know. The lightsaber looks really good. i would really like to see someone recreate the Darth Krayt armor.. here is a pic of it.
    [​IMG]

41. Darth Mule

Darth Mule Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Some friends and I were discussing doing some Legacy costumes recently and decided to tackle them for D*Con. We aren't (as much as we'd like to) doing knights, but other characters. I got assigned to Cade Skywalker myself and will surely post pics once I have the time to get started on something. It's mentally all planned out already and will be mostly leather armor.

I'm almost more excited to see my friend and his girlfriend as the twilek Jedi and darth talon.

-Chris

42. desolate

desolate Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Mule @ Mar 3 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1431022[/snapback]</div>
    i will be at dragonCon in atlanta.. in august.. i will be looking forward to seeing the costume in person.
    yeah Cade Skywalker is a good character to do... the paints look like vaders along with the vader shin guards.
    [​IMG]

43. Hitogiri

I really would love to see some knights, but I don't think anyone will tackle Darth Krayt, its just too much lol

44. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hitogiri @ Mar 4 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]1431208[/snapback]</div>
    Well...IF anyone would be able and willing to do him, how about a new exciting project for our very own Thomas aka Clone Emperor :D?.

Markus

45. SmilingOtter

I second that.

46. Danakin

Danakin Well-Known Member

I was planning on doing Cade's costume for C4 but have since made other plans. I have a set of his armor (unfinished) cut out of 1/8" aluminum and a great trench coat pattern if anyone's interested.

47. desolate

desolate Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanakinSkywalker @ Mar 4 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1431468[/snapback]</div>
    Can you post some pics of this up.. i might be interested...i really like Cade Skywalkers outfit

48. Hitogiri

Well it would be great to see a Krayt but its a huge undertaking is all I'm saying. Yea lets see that Cade armor.

49. desolate

desolate Sr Member

pictures?

50. Danakin

Danakin Well-Known Member

Sorry, been busy. I'll try and get some pics up tonight.