Star Wars Holiday Special Discussion Thread

We haven't talked about the Disturbance in the Force documentary yet?!

Just watched it, and it's extremely well done. Very enjoyable.

OK - Trivia Time....

I just learned that director of our beloved "Star Wars Holiday Special"

Also directed......

"The Elvis Comeback Special" in 1968

OMG!!!!

Up:
Star Wars X Moebius animation. 'Nuff said.
Han's attitude pre-mandatory-chill-out.

Down:
Almost all the rest. There were a few 'so close' moments, but you know tears in rain etc.

Would still like to know who the anim narrator 'Captain' was. I think I know from the voice only, but I have never seen an official credit.

I tried to convince some co-workers on CW that we could make a go at doing a Holiday Special that 'should have been', but no one was willing to bring it up to DF besides me. Effing 'ell I got a look, and this was during our holiday celebrations... alas.

It had two!

tumblr_inline_o478drtfd31qkigpv_540.gif

Up:
Star Wars X Moebius animation. 'Nuff said.
Han's attitude pre-mandatory-chill-out.

Down:
Almost all the rest. There were a few 'so close' moments, but you know tears in rain etc.

Would still like to know who the anim narrator 'Captain' was. I think I know from the voice only, but I have never seen an official credit.

I tried to convince some co-workers on CW that we could make a go at doing a Holiday Special that 'should have been', but no one was willing to bring it up to DF besides me. Effing 'ell I got a look, and this was during our holiday celebrations... alas.
My opinion of course and a conspiracy one at that but I think the lego Star Wars named "Star Wars Holiday Special" was intended to throw off internet searches for the original. There are some folks that would accidentally push you in the Sarlac pit for bringing up any sequel plans.... not saying George but ya George.

My opinion of course and a conspiracy one at that but I think the lego Star Wars named "Star Wars Holiday Special" was intended to throw off internet searches for the original. There are some folks that would accidentally push you in the Sarlac pit for bringing up any sequel plans.... not saying George but ya George.
George was a lot more chill than that. He wasn't a fan, but had a good sense of humor.

We haven't talked about the Disturbance in the Force documentary yet?!

Just watched it, and it's extremely well done. Very enjoyable.
Looks like it's not avaliable on euro Prime
:(

Edit: It's just popped up on Prime, so will give it a watch later.

It's rent or buy $5 so might as well buy..

Last edited:
You mean this actually exists?! I thought I imagined it due to all the LDS I did when I was stationed in 'Nam in '68!!!

*which is amazing, seeing as I was born in 1974! o_O *
It is even funnier when I imagine the real problem was doing too many Latter Day S..... but that would be ban worthy on so many levels.

Captain Kazan doesn't sound a thing like Perry King to me.

It might have been Don Francks, doing double duty in addition to Boba Fett.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back