Star Wars Exhibit back in Southern California

They'are actually coming to Montreal april 2012:
STAR WARS Identities | Montréal Science Centre

How did Luke and Anakin, who share the same genes and grew up on the same planet, become such different people? Don't miss the world premiere of this unique travelling exhibition, which looks at the characters of Star Wars™—and you—in an exciting new way.

• A vast collection of Star Wars props, costumes, models, and artwork from the Lucasfilm Archives, including iconic items like Darth Vader’s costume, the Millennium Falcon model, and Anakin’s full-sized Podracer.
  • An insightful investigation into the sciences of identity, developed by the Montréal Science Centre and a committee of scientific advisers, shedding light on what can make fictional characters who they are and what makes you you.
  • An interactive Identity Quest inviting you to create your own unique and personalized Star Wars hero.
  • Behind the scenes insight into the creation of the characters of Star Wars and fun facts from the movie-making process.

starwarsidentities.com

:)

Last edited:
Well, the Identities one is a new exhibit. I don't know if they're going to be ending the Science exhibit and sending some stuff to the Identities or if it's all different props.

Id love some more Probe droid pics if possible???

Mainly various shots of the legs close up, and, the laser cannon close in, really need to try and ID its mounting frame to the body, so under the laser would awesome.

Bests..... Lee

I'm surprised there isn't a Vancouver showing..... hmmmm, maybe if it does well in the two Canadian cities, there may be hope.

Lee,
Trust me, if there's prop in there, I'm bringing my camera setup and there's gonna ton of pics of them!!! Oh and no flash! ;)

When Star Wars in concerts came in Mtl, I was there as a stormtrooper for our local garrison, and they basically had only crap and prequel stuff .. not really interesting if you ask me!

And I didn't even have my camera when I went .. still ended up taking pic with my buddy's crappy handhelp cam which had close to no battery left .. so nothing really of interest unfortunately!

Very excited about this, but wondering.. Do they give you a set time to walk through? It says groups enter every 15 minutes. I'd be a little pissed to drive 10 hours and pay for a ticket only to get shuffled through in minutes by some kid in a red vest.

I'd prefer to be able to take my time looking at the things that interest me.

Very excited about this, but wondering.. Do they give you a set time to walk through? It says groups enter every 15 minutes. I'd be a little pissed to drive 10 hours and pay for a ticket only to get shuffled through in minutes by some kid in a red vest.

I'd prefer to be able to take my time looking at the things that interest me.

When it was in Los Angeles a few years ago, I don't recall being rushed through. It seemed like there were so few people like us--who want to analyze and measure every aspect--that they let us go.

The 5-foot is still with Science Meets Imagination. That's supposed to tour until 2013. So perhaps the 32" Falcon will be a part of Identities.

Me too. Anybody been there yet?

Any matte paintings on display?Michael

I went yesterday and took over 400 pictures....I went a little camera crazy...No paintings on display.....

The exhibit was great and pretty cool display items....I will upload a few pictures......Just a few random ones.....

1c40e17e.jpg

625efb7e.jpg

bbaa76a0.jpg

38e4becc.jpg

0c853345.jpg

00c2029e.jpg

cbc48df0.jpg

9af2f7db.jpg

0f5168a7.jpg

f96056e5.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back