Done / Completed Star Wars Ep7: REY'S BLASTER kit - now upgraded!

Re: Star Wars Ep7: REY'S BLASTER kit

Alclad II "chrome", applied with an airbrush. You need to use their special clear coat as well though, since the chrome rubs off otherwise. You can see in the photo where it came off in places before I added the clear coat. The Alclad clear does NOT dull the shine like other clear paints do. Also note that you should "mist" it on over a black high-gloss base.

Oh, and I'm getting close to being able to ship out the first batch sooner than expected!

So you did a base coat of gloss black, misted the clear coat, followed by the chrome, and more clear coat? Also, do you recommend painting before or after assembly?

interested!

interesting !!!

PM incoming.

For anyone interested, I am accepting orders ongoing since this is not an interest thread any longer but an actual run thread. if you want one, just drop me a PM and I'll get you payment instructions asap.

Also, if you are getting my Poe blaster kit at the same time, you will save $25 on shipping.

Thanks!

Post Release bump, because Rey will probably end up being a great action hero.

Can't wait to get mine. I watched the movie yesterday (18th) and loved it. Loved the character Rey. Thanks for doing this kit at a good, affordable price.

Can't wait to get mine. I watched the movie yesterday (18th) and loved it. Loved the character Rey. Thanks for doing this kit at a good, affordable price.

I absolutely loved the film as well. It may not be the single greatest film of all time, but it's 100% pure Star Wars.

I'm cranking out parts as fast as I can. There'll be a bit of a lull over Xmas, but next week I'll be running the machine pretty much 24/7 for a week or so.

Really cool thing about the blaster is that
Rey keeps it in the end, so she might carry it in the next film as well, which would be really cool... a last thing given to her by Han and all.

- - - Updated - - -

i do want one... just need to wait till after the first of the year to recover $$$ LOL.
Well, I still plan on making 'em for a bit, so no worries. (I also accept deposits if need be.)

I absolutely loved the film as well. It may not be the single greatest film of all time, but it's 100% pure Star Wars.

I'm cranking out parts as fast as I can. There'll be a bit of a lull over Xmas, but next week I'll be running the machine pretty much 24/7 for a week or so.

Really cool thing about the blaster is that
Rey keeps it in the end, so she might carry it in the next film as well, which would be really cool... a last thing given to her by Han and all.

You are so cool for doing this! As with the others I need to wait until the new year (thanks christmas) so I guess I'll message you then? I was going to try to order her boots first but I don't want to miss out on this! Would you take installments or is just a deposit and the rest fine? I'd like you to get all the money before I get it obviously but I'd like to not miss out because I waited for a few paychecks to roll in like a responsible person.

You are so cool for doing this! As with the others I need to wait until the new year (thanks christmas) so I guess I'll message you then? I was going to try to order her boots first but I don't want to miss out on this! Would you take installments or is just a deposit and the rest fine? I'd like you to get all the money before I get it obviously but I'd like to not miss out because I waited for a few paychecks to roll in like a responsible person.

A small deposit is fine. (I will probably still make them for a while into the new year so there is no need to worry, but if I know for certain right now whomever wants one, I can plan accordingly and get them out faster later.)

This might be a dumb question, forgive me if it is, but do you give instructions with the kit?
What I mean is, do you give suggestions on but paint to use and what type of glue to use.

This might be a dumb question, forgive me if it is, but do you give instructions with the kit?
What I mean is, do you give suggestions on but paint to use and what type of glue to use.

Absolutely. I have a list of tips'n'tricks to send out to anyone that needs them. (It's a pretty essy build.)

I'm interested!

Interested! Looks great!

PMs sent.

Just to reiterate: Anyone that wants a kit should PM me or writ that they want one in this thread. No need to state "interest" here since this thread is ongoing and it kinda confuses.

Oh, and small update: I've updated the hammer to have more correct knurling. Turns out (to my surprise) that the printer could handle it with a bit of tweaking.

: )

Thanks all for the support!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back