Star Wars Credits and Coinage - References and Recreation

For republic credits, the best ones I’ve seen are these…

Don’t know if I’m out of touch on coin prices but $20 seems a tad high, and it looks like you’d have to buy two to get free shipping. They do look very nice though.

The only other ones I have seen are these…
Unit price is good but the cost of shipping to the US is high. Plus they lack a lot of detail.

Looks like there are four different types of New Republic Credits in the "Book of Boba Fett".
Chapter 5 is the first time we've seen the copper ones: this is from the scene in the butcher shop.
The others were in Boba's helmet in Chapter 1 and also in Season 2 Episode 4 of "The Mandalorian".

Attachments

• DeskOfCoinsCropped.jpg
    DeskOfCoinsCropped.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 178
Didn't see anyone responding to the question of the money Anakin gives Shmi in post #159 & 160 above. Those are the Republic credits as seen most clearly in the Ep1 Visual Dictionary and Complete Visual Encyclopedia. They show up again in the deleted scene where Anakin says goodbye to Jira. (I've never understood why he has them if Republic credits "are no good out here"?)
My group has been wondering for years how to make a good replica.

Attachments

• credits.jpg
    credits.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 134
Those are the Republic credits as seen most clearly in the Ep1 Visual Dictionary and Complete Visual Encyclopedia. They show up again in the deleted scene where Anakin says goodbye to Jira. (I've never understood why he has them if Republic credits "are no good out here"?)
You have to take visual guides with a grain of salt. They have their share of errors. Mostly the author is filling in information that is nonexistent or early movie drafts.

And the fan made props that are added.
What do you mean by fan made props? The DK books were official releases. Do you have more information or examples of these? I'm always interested to hear about potential 'reenactorisms' that have been passed around.
You have to take visual guides with a grain of salt. They have their share of errors. Mostly the author is filling in information that is nonexistent or early movie drafts.
The first Credit image is copyrighted LFL and has been on the internet through Wizards of the Coast since 1999/2000, as have several other prop pictures which have onscreen pedigree and are marked similarly. I see no reason to think it's invalid.

The first DK book had lots of fan made props.
I worked on a few of them.

If you look at the credits page of the books you will see a list of makers.

What do you mean by fan made props? The DK books were official releases. Do you have more information or examples of these? I'm always interested to hear about potential 'reenactorisms' that have been passed around.

The first Credit image is copyrighted LFL and has been on the internet through Wizards of the Coast since 1999/2000, as have several other prop pictures which have onscreen pedigree and are marked similarly. I see no reason to think it's invalid.

Yes, there was some "item" on screen, the "item" , whatever it is, is canon (that is not in dispute, but since the item was not identified on screen as "republic credit", that basically gives it a loop hole as to what it might be. Also, even if the exact credit prop we see labeled shows up next week on Fett and they say right out.. "this is an old republic credit (or credit chip)" the other loop hole we can use is that we do not get a clear image of it on screen when Anakin hands it over to Shimi. It's like watching someone had over a coin quickly and far away in a movie, sure, it looks like a coin, but what denomination, what country currency, we cannot tell.

Another possibility is that yes, those are Republic Credits to only some like Watto who prefer actual coin. And maybe there is no place on planet that is willing to cash out credits or convert. After all, the planet has spaceports so many people coming through may be from or also do business in the Republic. So these still have to have value to the right people.

There is a difference between copyrights/official merchandise and canon. It does not go hand-in-hand. There are plenty of star wars books that are recent publications and not considered canon like Goodnight Darth Vader.

Basically what I am getting to is this. As fans of Star Wars, if you really love Star Wars, you keep an open mind to possibilities as what things are the way they or the way they might look. In the end, sometimes we have to deal with differences like the various looks of Luke's hilt in Return of the Jedi and just deal with it.

Didn't see anyone responding to the question of the money Anakin gives Shmi in post #159 & 160 above. Those are the Republic credits as seen most clearly in the Ep1 Visual Dictionary and Complete Visual Encyclopedia. They show up again in the deleted scene where Anakin says goodbye to Jira. (I've never understood why he has them if Republic credits "are no good out here"?)
My group has been wondering for years how to make a good replica.
Looking at the pattern it looks like this was the basis for the Galaxy's Edge Imperial Credit chip, which is also based off the design seen in The Clone Wars, Rebels and Resistance, my guess is that the Phantom Menace is around that size, maybe slightly taller?

This seller on Etsy offers 3D Printed replicas of 3 of the 4 types of New Republic Credits, I don't know about the size but they are the most accurate ones I've seen based on the Screenshots I've seen.

I have hard time trusting a seller who just shows computer renderings and doesn’t show his actual product. Luckily one buyer posted a review with a photo.

iap_640x640.3697248033_n7er6qpm.jpg

They seem okay.

The tri-corner one on the right's lettering says "Grizzly Mountain Designs". I doubt that's what it says on the credit used in the show.
The tri corner is the least accurate of the three going off screencaps but then they're the never clearly visible when we see them in the show, the large circle one with a corner has two rows of ridges when it should have one and looks a bit thicker than it should be, other then that they're the best of the fan makes I've seen online.

The tri corner is the least accurate of the three going off screencaps but then they're the never clearly visible when we see them in the show, the large circle one with a corner has two rows of ridges when it should have one and looks a bit thicker than it should be, other then that they're the best of the fan makes I've seen online.
I also think the tri-corner credit's "lobes" are all equal and the design above has two of them longer than the third one.
Here's a link to a design for the square coin that claims it was scanned from the original. I think the letters of "The Declaration Of" are inverted on the side with "starbird" most likely because they used a Aurebesh font that includes inverted capital letters.
XXX.instagram.com/p/CZHpkuGpTgu/
The currency symbol side has identical text to the silver teardrop shaped coin, so that seems plausible.
In addition the text on the "starbird" side appears to be consistent with a fragment of text you can see on the "starbird" side of the tri-corner credit in Boba's helmet. So my guess is that both coins have identical lettering on both sides with the currency symbol side text being the same as is on the silver teardrop shaped coin.
The main difference between the three coins (not the gold one) is that the silver one just has "New Republic" on the "starbird" side.

Attachments

• TriCornderHelmetCropForText.JPG
    TriCornderHelmetCropForText.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 73

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back