Star Wars blu ray in September

PBZVN.jpg

Of course he was talking about OTHER PEOPLES WORK.

Read it in context or don't read it at all.

It's staggering the amount of BS here that is based solely on people's opinions or internet nonsense.

It's staggering the amount of BS here that is based solely on people's opinions or internet nonsense.

Mic, you're as part of this nonsense as anyone else here. But hey, that's your opinion and you can stick to it. I look at this the same way SfDebris does. Personal taste is something that marks us as individuals, and in this nonsensical and totally irrational world, that's an important thing to have. But than, there's nothing wrong with agreeing with others that having your fine healthy teeth hammered out and replaced with push pins isn't very comforting.

I just want to know how so many people KNOW what George thinks or does.

I mean just look at how many people say George does this, George does that.

Come on people.

With few exceptions MOST folk have never worked with/for/or even near any George Lucas anything. So their opinions are meaningless in regard to what happens at LFL.

It's all based on Internet crap.

I've worked with LFL, the nicest most fan friendly "studio" I've ever dealt with.

If LFL wanted to they could STOMP the fans right out of existence and wouldn't loose a nickel of income on this release.

Wake up to reality.

I just want to know how so many people KNOW what George thinks or does.

Mic, it doesn't matter what we know about Lucas or how he thinks. What matters is what he gives us. Just because we don't know him or his company as well as you do doesn't exempt him or his work being given such low regard. And speaking of...

I've worked with LFL, the nicest most fan friendly "studio" I've ever dealt with.

Really? What did you do mic? Did you say "Star Wars is awesome." and they said "You're welcome."? Because that's about the friendliest thing they can do for fans at this point. Ever since the Special Editions came out, we've been ripped off, lied to and even berated. All because we ask for something that almost every other studio delivers with no hitch.

I mean, was it not Lucas who really pushed the THX certification on his projects? Did Lucas not use the THX stamp on all his movies to showcase that they have "Superior Sound and Picture Quality"? Funny when you look back at the interviews involved with making the unaltered DVDs that all they could uncover was the laser disc masters.

That was a lie. A bold face lie meant to ward off anyone from asking for anything better. Because if the owners of Star Wars don't have it, well, obviously no one will!.... but others do have it. In fact, film collectors, theater owners and even sound track collectors like us can make an 8k resolution copy (current standard being 4k) with prints that have neither degraded nor gotten de-colored from age and make one splendid looking BluRay release. And this "fan friendly" studio says that is impossible and these 2.0 audio, non-anamorphic video presentations are the best they can offer. Lies. You can find that out yourself on the "Empire of Dreams" documentary when they show the original unaltered scrolls IN ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN with no signs of enlargement to fit the screen.

Oh, and if they're so "fan friendly" mic, why is it that they confiscate privately owned prints of the original unaltered trilogy when all the fans want to do is watch the freaking movie?

See you are clueless about what really happens.

Do you even know what THX stands for?

It's illegal to own films prints. As they are never sold, they could not have been gotten by legal means. At least in the day it was. That could have changed.

Actually 35mm prints have been sold to private owners by the studios for years, going back way before Star Wars!

Actually you're wrong. Not legally anyway. Of course it happened.

The police that showed up on my door in 1975 because I owned a single episode of Star Trek on film must have been mistaken.

somethingsomethingsomethingQUOTE]

Whoa, back up there sparky. Just looking for clarification here, mic. Did you really just in essence say a few posts back "we should be thankful that LFL is letting us buy these discs! We should be so freaking thankful and stop complaining, because they don't need the fans! They could stomp us and keep rolling in cash!". Okay, I get that you're best buddies with George and Howard, and the Skipper and Mary-Anne and the rest, and you and LFL all be hangin' out chillin', you've made that clear in a number of posts as it becomes clearer that you're in the minority here, but really? I think you've got that bass-ackwards, friend.

A company with a single marketable IP, particularly an IP over thirty years old relying pretty heavily on fans who were kids back in the day's nostalgia to keep forking over their earning three decades later needs the fans more than the fans need the company. A prudent owner of said company might just want to check back in to earth once in while to see what would make thosefolks happy.

By "those folks", Timmy, are you referring to the 0.1% that actually notice things like these changes, or the other 99.9% that will be buying it on day one regardless?

Boycott and complain all you want, it won't make a lick of difference. LFL won't miss your money.

"we should be thankful that LFL is letting us buy these discs! We should be so freaking thankful and stop complaining, because they don't need the fans! They could stomp us and keep rolling in cash!". Okay, I get that you're best buddies with George and Howard, and the Skipper and Mary-Anne and the rest, and you and LFL all be hangin' out chillin', you've made that clear in a number of posts as it becomes clearer that you're in the minority here, but really? I think you've got that bass-ackwards, friend.

You need to learn to read what people write, not hear it the way you want to hear it.

You could just quote me on that but I guess you couldn't put your special twist on it.

Let summarize:

• The changes are only good unless people think their bad.
  • Fanboys either only love the OT or all Star Wars.
  • George Lucas has no clue or maybe he does.
  • Some will buy this just for the extras, some will buy it just cause it’s Star Wars, and some won’t buy it.
  • Everyone on the RPF is a whiner in the early stages of dementia.
  • Darth Vader is a whiner.
  • Ewoks still suck but now they blink.
  • R2D2 must be very flexible.
  • Jabba’s door just got bigger.
  • Larry Young doesn’t care and may or may not be paying attention.
  • More X-Wings somehow are supposed to add to the excitement.
  • Obi-Wan’s dragon impersonation has always sounded stupid.
  • It may or may not be illegal to own a 35mm film print.
  • Name calling is acceptable as long as you are right.
  • Lucasfilm can’t fix the sound or correct the color of their films.
  • The dug thing walking on its hands looks stupid no matter what film it’s in.
  • George Lucas will one day release another version of Star Wars and this discussion will happen all over again causing several members to have a fit.
  • A lot of people on the RPF take this stuff far too seriously in one way or the other whether or not they want to admit it.
  • The pickle ship still looks like a pickle.
  • Jar Jar Binks has not been removed from the PT’s.
  • Greedo is the worst shot in a galaxy far, far away.
  • It is possible to die from a broken heart.
  • Beyonce is pregnant.
  • Jedi are either very powerful or not, very wise or not.
  • The crackhead Yoda puppet in TPM was a riot.
  • It is possible to save those you love by murdering those you care about.
  • No one can identify that thing that falls from Bespin at the end of ESB.
  • The Empire builds cool space station with epic defects.
  • The Rocketeer is being released on Blu-ray. Jennifer Connelly is hot.
  • A New Hope is a lame title.
  • Micdavis owned an illegal copy of a Star Trek episode. He was sentenced to 185 years hard labor. He escaped.
  • Timmythekid seems to have fixed his technical problem.
  • None of the changes to the movies are that bad except for the Han/Greedo exchange and the "No, nooo" but its fun to ***** about them.
  • It’s bad to stare at Cboath’s spinning light saber for a long period of time.

Last edited:
Whoa! Wait just a minute!!!! Beyonce is pregant?!! Jay Z and Beyonce are with child?! It was nice of someone to finally share that little tid bit of information with the class.

Do you sense yourself getting flayed by the mods after you post it?

Hey, I never said I would be the one doing it. :) I don't even have the things. I want them, though.

Really not neccessary anyways - just get a basic newsgroup subscription and grab Harmy's despecialized 720p presentations. DONE!

Funny, my google toolbar just did a search for this on it's own. I swear I didn't even touch it! :angel

Roddy McDowall also had his home raided in 1974 for his movie prints and video tapes (video tapes were not commercially available at the time).

I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back