Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

I really hope the quality of the show is there. A lot of Star Wars series coming, and I'm afraid of quantity over quality...

I got afraid of quantity over quality back when I heard Disney had bought it...

Rogue One is not in my personal canon (because it doesn't have Kyle Katarn), so I hope I could put that notion aside and enjoy it anyway.

I love Rogue One. I actually place it second on my all time Star Wars movie list.

I know exactly what they mean by shaking up the canon, they are talking about how fans have this preconceived notion about what happened between the gaps of story or they are still stuck in the old canon… which for the most part sucked anyways…. And this is a Mara Jade fan speaking here. It’s really not a new experience for fandom because anytime an new movie or show comes out, it tends to upset the narrow minded fan who can’t get past what they thought was right or believing their assumption were wrong. And instead of enjoying something new and creative, they take to the internet and cry like a baby. This thread is a perfect example, people are already bitchin’ and moanin’ after a few minute teaser and even upcoming series with vague premise descriptions but yet they are already doubting the product. People call them Toxic Fans but I don’t call them fans at all.

Canon to me is what I saw in the original movies. Star Wars is an old fashioned fairy tale, where the good guys were good, the bad guys were bad, and the two guys kinda in between went good in the end. It was the antithesis of the moral ambiguity of real life, not a reflection of it, and that more than anything else is why it resonated with so many people.

If the current makers change that then they aren't making Star Wars (or Star Trek).

I love Rogue One. I actually place it second on my all time Star Wars movie list.

I know exactly what they mean by shaking up the canon, they are talking about how fans have this preconceived notion about what happened between the gaps of story or they are still stuck in the old canon… which for the most part sucked anyways…. And this is a Mara Jade fan speaking here. It’s really not a new experience for fandom because anytime an new movie or show comes out, it tends to upset the narrow minded fan who can’t get past what they thought was right or believing their assumption were wrong. And instead of enjoying something new and creative, they take to the internet and cry like a baby. This thread is a perfect example, people are already bitchin’ and moanin’ after a few minute teaser and even upcoming series with vague premise descriptions but yet they are already doubting the product. People call them Toxic Fans but I don’t call them fans at all.
Being in the minority on here, I completely agree.

It's like going to a new city for a visit... You read up on the big landmarks, the best places to eat, a bit of the history, all because you want to enjoy your trip.

Then you get there & ACTUALLY walk in the streets & lo & behold, there are stores & shops you didn't know about. You get the gaps in your knowledge filled in & don't want admit that you didn't know something, so it just doesn't exist.

So many folks have made Star Wars such a huge part of their identity, probably known as the "STAR WARS GUY/GAL" of their circle, that if something pops up that they don't like, they are so insecure they think it's going to reflect on them.

No but critical ignorance should be and that’s what I’m talking about.

Clearly the old canon didn't suck that bad if you named your daughter after a now decanonized EU character. A character I am quite fond of as well by the way. No one is telling you not to enjoy the new material. No one is questioning your fandom or your devotion to it. Some of us here are simply making observations and positing theories about what might or might not happen.

According to posts like this though, if anyone questions any additions they are:

-Narrow-minded
-Crybabies
-Whiners who bitch and moan
-Toxic Fans
-Not "real" fans
-Critically ignorant

I find Star Wars to be a place for the narrow minded as well as the open-minded...or whatever criteria you are using to define such. Since you seem to be the set standard for who is a real fan and who isn't based on if people like it or not, or part of it but not the whole, then your judgement seems to be the narrowest of all. May all fans who aren't absolutely in love with the idea of this series so far, feel free to bow to the elitist viewpoint that you aren't a real fan at all and be enlightened by the open-minded empire that values creativity over continuity...obviously, their value system is superior to yours since they are the "real" fans of Star Wars and you aren't a fan at all so your opinions don't count in their world.

Clearly the old canon didn't suck that bad if you named your daughter after a now decanonized EU character. A character I am quite fond of as well by the way. No one is telling you not to enjoy the new material. No one is questioning your fandom or your devotion to it. Some of us here are simply making observations and positing theories about what might or might not happen.

According to posts like this though, if anyone questions any additions they are:

-Narrow-minded
-Crybabies
-Whiners who bitch and moan
-Toxic Fans
-Not "real" fans
-Critically ignorant
Right, and I was willing to let the old cannon go even if there were a few bits here and there I liked.

And yes that is exactly what I am saying. Most of the complaints in this thread are people complain about a series that is yet to air and no real info other than the teaser and some interviews. Or people complaining because it’s not a series they would have chosen, or a character they would rather have. They don’t really have a problem with the series, they just didn’t get what they wanted so they are….well… pick one of the choices you listed above.

I find Star Wars to be a place for the narrow minded as well as the open-minded...or whatever criteria you are using to define such. Since you seem to be the set standard for who is a real fan and who isn't based on if people like it or not, or part of it but not the whole, then your judgement seems to be the narrowest of all. May all fans who aren't absolutely in love with the idea of this series so far, feel free to bow to the elitist viewpoint that you aren't a real fan at all and be enlightened by the open-minded empire that values creativity over continuity...obviously, their value system is superior to yours since they are the "real" fans of Star Wars and you aren't a fan at all so your opinions don't count in their world.
So basically in short you are saying, “I know you are, but what am I?” Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for the extra slathering of insults.
saturday night live youre welcome GIF

Just to clarify, you have Rogue One -a high budget fan fiction- ahead of TWO of the original trilogy movies? And you're questioning the critical thinking ability of other fans???

No. To be clear... I have Rogue One -a well told, creative and executed story ahead of two of the original trilogy movies which I also highly covet. And I am questioning the non-informed rantings of other who only consider themselves fans as long as they get things their way.

I'll wade in on the whole question exactly once. I have seen since the Disney sale three ways EU material has been treated. Old-old stuff, like KOTOR and Tales of the Jedi, seem to be tacitly in still. Several references have made their way in and there are ongoing murmurs of doing something set in that era. Stuff proximal to the pre-sale films seems to be in a constant state of flux. Some of the old material has been used or referenced, some tweaked a bit, some flat out ignored/overwritten. I'm still curious if Fenn Rau is actually the canon version of Fenn Shysa, since the latter's last name is problematic in German-speaking parts of the world. And the stuff after ROTJ has been largely wiped clean, despite a bit of "certain point of view" interpretations that could be made if one closes their eyes and squints.

Rogue One messes with some long-established ancillary lore as to the nature of the battle ANH's opening crawl refers to, and where and how the plans were acquired and gotten to Leia. That in itself isn't an issue, but I feel, objectively and subjectively, it was handled badly. There's a little too much idiot plot, a little too much undermining of the original film (such as Leia now apparently trying to bluff her way past Vader, who saw her ship flee the battle -- but also, contradicts clear dialogue in ANH), and some damn sloppy writing.

I am looking forward to this series because I like Diego and Cassian was a more compelling character than some commenting in here took away from the film. From an objective narrative standpoint, he was actually the protagonist of Rogue One. Jyn, they tried to make the protagonist, but she really isn't. She has no arc, no development. She ends where she began -- she doesn't join the Rebellion out of some higher purpose, but to help her dad, who she has missed all these years. She doesn't help the Rebels because they ask, but because he does. And the TPK is cheap. The justification for it was that we don't see any of those characters in Star Wars, so obviously they all died in the attempt. Weak. And there were things they could have easily done that preserved what was established in Star Wars -- "several transmissions were beamed to this ship", plausible deniability, and all.

There's a lot I like in Rogue One. I like many of the characters. I like the expanded glimpse of the setting (Imperial officers' greatcoats, ISB military assets -- continued in Solo, new locations, Cassian's mission to bust Jyn out to try and get Saw to talk to them, the Star Destroyer docked in the Death Star, Imperial security droids, and so on and so on). My takeaway at the end of it, though, was that it had a lot of potential and they went the wrong direction with it. A lot of the new material -- primary and ancillary -- since the Disney sale, I have been 'meh' about. There have been things in the comics and novels I both like and don't, and if this series overwrites some of what was in the comics or even Rogue One, I wouldn't mind, if it's better than what it's replacing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back