Star Trek Voyager Biogenic Scanner

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My replica of the Biogenic Scanner used in the Season 7 episode "Body and Soul".
Voyager-Biogenic-Scanner-3.jpg

Voyager-Biogenic-Scanner-main.jpg

Voyager-Biogenic-Scanner.jpg

The main body is 3D printed, with the addition of brass rods, a cut piece of acrylic for the emitter and a piece of ribbed styrene as a plant-on.
I made the faux circuit using a piece of styrene painted beige and I made some custom SMT parts from pieces of styrene painted with gold and silver paint to mimic capacitors and other small components.

The same prop was used as an engineering tool.

I also made a replica of the cometary fragment that the Doctor was scanning at the start of the episode "Body and Soul". It's made from an acrylic dome with a laser cut acrylic disc glued together with CA glue featuring an encapsulated piece of stone that I found at the local riverbank and chiseled a piece off to fit inside.

Voyager-Cometary-Fragement.jpg

Voyager-Cometary-Fragment-2.jpg

Voyager-biogenic-plus-cometary-fragment.jpg

bodyandsoul012.jpg

It also showed up in First Contact being used by a Borg Drone but it was painted matt black when used in the film.
Voyager-Scanner.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back